Sokushi to Hametsu no Saijaku Majutsushi - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Another one into the guilty-pleasure pile. Gotta enjoy reading these kinds of stories.

Okay, I smelled bullshit from far away and reading the leak comments confirmed it. Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
I sure as hell hope it wasn't some "charm skill" from that S-Rank dude that convinced the childhood friend. That would be such a lame plot device. Especially if it later comes out he's actually EVIL or something like that.
That would be such a shitty and trope-esque way of story telling.
I genuinely hope the childhood friend is just that much of a bitch because her buddy is allegedly useless.
Please let the S-rank guy just be a realistic hero type, without ulterior motive.

Dex-chan lover
Just checked the OG web novel but since I checked it with a MTL, what I wrote might be wrong. Still, I will put it under spoiler just it case.

Apparently, the childhood friend seems like a mixed between the usual idiotic "had he said anything I would have stayed" (at least at the start) and "the ordinary village girl that was awed with glory" because she read a story long ago about hero defeat dragon as well as the prospect of becoming noble later (according to a small detail, it was implied that as a noble, she could take Ark in but.... smashing X repeatedly to blow the doubt of the roof)
Anyway, according to the MTL raw, Ark is travelling with her now but he lost a giant chunk of his memory. Whether the author will let her have redemption or not is up to them. For me, whichever is fine because from my perspective, at the core the childhood friend is not bad. However, she is.... sigh how should I put this... At best, naïve and at worst, idiotic/foolish.

Thanks for the spoilers. I think I'll save myself the time and not read this at all. Sucks, I thought the art looked interesting enough.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah yes another garbage betrayal story and reading other comments about wn spoilers, I don't have any hope this is going to be good

Dex-chan lover
She's not a bitch for ditching him, her class/job or whatever is dependent on other people. Healers are tolerable leeches, baby!
She's a bitch for leaving him hanging with no explanation. Either way it was the best for both of them since he never would have got off his ass and learned how to use his skill/s. She still deserves to spend her life shit listed though.

Last edited:
The childhood friend leaving him actually makes sense. In world he doesnt have any value at that level 1 level cap. He can probably grow more skilled but he aint getting stronger. If it wasnt for main protag bullshit he wouldnt have much value as an adventure. He would have been holding her back

Dex-chan lover
ohhh boy another one of those... at least its not isekai
Based on my experience In this site's comment sections, I feel the need to say this: THANK YOU FOR KNOWING IT ISN'T ISEKAI! :thumbsup:

So many people on this site seem to think ALL fantasy is isekai, it's just ridiculous :haa:

Was this chapter translated with a machine? Only one every ten sentences is legible and there are some obvious-to-translate japanese lines still visible.
It's like someone fed the pictures to that website that does the translation, cleaning and typesetting for you without checking whether it actually did its job or not.

A couple of minutes later edit: yes, it was. The group description even said so. With that being said, a little more editing wouldn't hurt, you know?

Prior sentences conflict with the following untranslated parts. For example the part against the bear it's translated as "the only thing who will kill you here is..." and the following panel reads "will be you!". So mistranslation, was probably actually saying the 'the only one who will be killed here".

Stop with the MTL. They suck, and you (ie mtl copy&pasters) suck for using them. You aren't getting the actual story, you're likely confused and just convoluting it for more people. ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN'T TRANSLATE EVERYTHING FFS.

Dex-chan lover
Fitting translation for this kind of series.

The other instant death series is better anyways.

Dex-chan lover
Just checked the OG web novel but since I checked it with a MTL, what I wrote might be wrong. Still, I will put it under spoiler just it case.

Apparently, the childhood friend seems like a mixed between the usual idiotic "had he said anything I would have stayed" (at least at the start) and "the ordinary village girl that was awed with glory" because she read a story long ago about hero defeat dragon as well as the prospect of becoming noble later (according to a small detail, it was implied that as a noble, she could take Ark in but.... smashing X repeatedly to blow the doubt of the roof)
Anyway, according to the MTL raw, Ark is travelling with her now but he lost a giant chunk of his memory. Whether the author will let her have redemption or not is up to them. For me, whichever is fine because from my perspective, at the core the childhood friend is not bad. However, she is.... sigh how should I put this... At best, naïve and at worst, idiotic/foolish.

bruh... wtf... childhood friend just leaves and says nothing... she's a bitch XD

Ain't no redemption from jumping ship and ignoring all friendship and promises just because dude was dumbstruck and didn't know what to say...

And that "At least at the start" sounds like she does more hoe shit later to MC.
Somebody told me spoilers and it's all freaking BS LOL.

Things might be different between the LN and WN but the one thing that is seemingly consistent is that the childhood friend left the MC without any kind of influence

Another difference is the MC's apparent memory loss - loses memory in LN and does not in WN.

Apparently in the WN, the "hero" is an asshole that tries to ruin the MC even more (not sure why) and the childhood friend willingly assists the hero in doing so.

Ultimately the childhood friend, "hero", and some other character gets killed down the road.

Not sure if any these things will happen but it's freaking ludicrous.
Well... at least they got karma lmao. But after seeing how author forces them back in... and reading another spoiler... sounds like author will pull some bullshit to get them together despite it being the most moronic thing. (like, you can't come back from full betrayal, and only cucks would try, just move on fam).

Author seems like he needs to go see a psychologist, and stop writing for a while.

Dex-chan lover
Another one of those, huh? Gonna read it anyway, obviously.
Fuck this hoe, seriously. She was clinging to him her whole life, and then the exact moment he faces some troubles she drops him for a better opportunity and acts pretty much like she doesn't know him?
I honestly hope they won't somehow end up together in the future, because that would be some bullshit.

Double-page supporter
"The level cap is 30... the cap is 80...!?"
"Lean/Leen"
The translation sure ain't good. No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread