Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - Prologue

@jmikeg

go to mangaupdates and see what group translated the previous ch's and go to their website, or just go to an aggregator and they will have them all, the groups who had the previous ch up are no longer uploading to MD

Group Leader
@schyzd I don't really mind the sfx but I think it would look better if you change the font to one that resembles it and place it close to the sfx itself. Here I used the "third rail" font (distorted it a bit) and I think it looks alright.
na3l77.png

Thanks for the chapter.

Double-page supporter
Why do these groups even get a say? There shouldn't be an option for shit to be removed. We're all stealing manga here, and worse yet - THEY'RE profiting from it.

Mangadex is looking less and less ideal by the minute, and these drama llama scanlator groups throwing tantrums over their illegal work and our slightly less illegal consumption is starting to really, really piss me off.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel It's all illegal but they technically "own" their translations and should have a say on what happens to them. MangaDex wants to be pro-scanlator so they try to give them as much freedom as possible instead of stealing their work like other aggregator sites do.

Of course, giving freedom and power to scanlators has the ugly downside of allowing drama queens to pull shit like this but that's the price of freedom.

That said, just as they are free do add or remove their translations, this guy is free to upload his own translation and I'll gladly tell anyone trying to have this removed or shit on him for it to go fuck themselves.

wait what??? wtf happened? :D btw all the chapters you can find at jaiminisbox they are translating it

Double-page supporter
I just want to say thank you for picking this up. I was wondering if you could just do it from the most recent chapter or like chapter 72 since most of us already read the beginning chapters.

Honestly any one with with half a brain knows this drama all comes down to money. And ill be damned if im going to hit up one of these fan translating sites just to find the series when I can just hit up other aggregator sites with every thing on it or wait for some one else to carry on the work. And its all done illegally any ways so nothing stopping any one from translating a series any ways people getting pissy over *sniping* just need to get over them selves.

Aggregator gang
You guys do know that you can just read the full Chapters of this Series somewhere else instead of MangaDex
If you're too lazy to find it, I'll give you the link...
Here's the link for you guys - <removed>

And to all the people who are complaining about the Groups leaving -
hEUmV3l.png

@Shadoe17 Yes From what I see all chapters were deleted by Meraki and JB.
So if you still wanted to read them until latest best choice is to go to the Pirate Site that would host the former chapters of Meraki since I'm pretty damn sure Solo Leveling doesn't exist in Meraki's website.
I don't know if it's accurate but that's your best bet.
So new guy here is translating this for Mangadex website.

@LuffyKun
How many of those sites have no ads? Please advise, I have limited mobile data. Otherwise, I will literally wait years for them to be uploaded to Libgen, of all places, so I can read them on my Kindle. I'll be damned if I have to go to another ad-infested website that offers nothing compelling.

Also...that screenshot literally looks like a joke to me.

Group Leader
@luffykun If you want to take some shitpost seriously as a mean to justify full blown autism from spergy scanlation groups go ahead. But I see absolutely no problem if someone wants to re-translate solo leveling again to fill the void those groups had left out of pure stupidity.

MD is the only aggregation site that actually respects the scanlation groups's wills. As you can see, the chapters are gone and nobody is reuploading those groups scans, it's dumb to take that screenshot seriously when even before meraki, JB and co removed all their stuff MD has always respected other groups wishes to not have their work posted on the site without their permission.

Also, people are not stupid, they know how to google. Think a little about why people are showing so much support to this release.

I know I should be the last person to ask this, but is it really worth retranslating solo leveling? Why not pick up something that hasn't been translated at all? @schyzd

@retzikun For the sake of it being on this platform, I guess. Meraki and Jaimini have gone big brain mode so whatever.

@schyzd you should try and look for other members for your group. a proofreader, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread