Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - Prologue

Group Leader
Hello everyone!

This chapter has been edited and corrected.

feel free to comment about the corrections, or anything else

@MemoryIris It was considered:
2.3.2) Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws.

Double-page supporter
@ShinobuOshino
2.3.2) Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws.
I think I accidentally skipped over the bolded part the first time I read that rule. However I still get the impression that that was made for a normal scenario where one language doesn't not show up multiple times in a re-translation chain.

as much as it sucks to start from square one. Thank you for picking this up and good luck catching up. :D

@schyzd
I'll be honest and might come over as a little blunt:
I think it's great that you're picking this series up, HOWEVER that is if you don't actually do chapters that are already scanlated to English and are available to read.
So if you translate till whatever chapter (can't remember the exact number) isn't available anymore that was done by Meraki and Jaimini's Box than I'd say great job and thanks for all the effort and making the entire series complete again. If you do stuff that's already being done/has been done by either group I'd honestly wouldn't see the point since rn their quality is way better (I know you're learning that's why I'm saying rn) and JB releases hours after official release that it pretty much makes no sense for you to do them as well but release later than that and for now in pretty inferior quality.

@schyzd

Thanks for picking this up!

- Redrawing sound effects is a lot of time for marginal gain, I say pass. Leave the small typed out sound effects and such.
- Keep doing the early chapters until you get your style down, then jump to the current chapters. Consistency is important and people are much more forgiving of early chapters being a bit messy. This also allows newbies a good chunk to get a feel for the series.
- Don't try to compete in speed with the bigger groups, they are essentially doing it for profit and will respond with $$ in mind if you overtake them. Plus, not worth the stress. Ideally, release one or two weeks behind them regularly; MD readers won't notice and the groups won't get butthurt.
- Find a proofreader. Your translation is pretty good with the core meaning(the most important part), but the word choice is a bit stilted, so could use a quick pass from a native speaker.

All in all, great job for the first time out! Folks like you doing it for the love of the work and the community is becoming increasingly rare, so thank again!

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@schyzd The single biggest change you could make is putting punctuation at the end of sentences. English doesn't work particularly well without it, even in comics.
- Remove the * from the SFX text and make them larger, you could aim for something like this.
x4.png
- Make sure your text is centered in bubbles correctly.

Do that, and you'll bring your typesetting up to solidly average. The other big thing you need is a proofreader to fix up the script.

Best of luck.

Dex-chan lover
@cyclist JB and Meraki pulled out their chapters from the site so as far as MangaDex cares, there are not other english chapters available.

He is trying to fill the void left by those removed chapters with his own TL, which I believe is more than fine.

@Acolytus
So basically you're saying MangaDex is pushing people to snipe series (and helping them) as long as they're not hosted on MangaDex? Did I get that right?

Dex-chan lover
@cyclist MangaDex is not pushing people to do shit, they are free to upload chapters as long as they don't break the rules.

As far as I know MangaDex doesn't forbid "sniping" even when the group is uploading stuff here since no scanlator group owns any series they translate. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with "sniping", specially when the group being "sniped" removed all its chapters from here and won't upload in MD any longer.

@schyzd You had written "accept quest ... and hunts monsters". Correct would be to use word HUNT. Because it is a sentence where a person is talking about himself. Example: I hunt and another person/ my friend hunts.

Dex-chan lover
@cyclist
1. theres nothing wrong with "sniping" series, the only reason people dont work on the same series is because its a waste of effort to have multiple groups releasing, if there is some reason that a group feels that its needed to rescan, they are free to do so, as none of this is legal anyways really, no one has a license
2. MD is just a place for people to read, it has no agenda, not opinion on stuff like this, it is totally neutral, it is just a tool for you to read manga on, which is why it doesnt remove sniping
3. why do you care? ur reading on this site so you should be happy to be able to read it

Users who are viewing this thread