Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 104

damn this chapter is awesome. thanks for the release. send shiver down my spine ! I WANT MORRREEE :p

One great chapter, but I feel miffed by the other commenters here lol.
Well, that always happens when people who don't read the source material and people who did clash in the comment section.

Dex-chan lover
@Yurnero Well, if nothing else it's an excuse to have a healer shadow

@joel7686 I don't think he cares about morality of the dead, just speculating as to why the shadow resists being summoned back. I think iron might've taken 3 tries too? With one there was nothing, with two there's a potential correlation.

Though, it's a bit silly since most of his more integral shadows had a bit of declining regardless.

I honestly do not understand why he raised the healer, And the main reason is he had a perfectly good ant to raise which was shown to have the healing ability not 5 to 10 panels previously, not only could said ant heal it had all the powers of the other S ranks it killed previously as it had shown in previous chapters. So showing that there was a "moral" issue with raising a dead human I have to question why when the MC had found out there were "moral issues" that they did not just go and raise the better prospect for themselves anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@Yurnero I assumed it was because he used all of the elixir on his mom. One elixir per person, if he wanted to use it again he'll need to get another one.

But that's just pure assumption ofc

he needs a strong heal and didnt had the choice. he will heal then release him. the ant shadow is not as good at healing

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@GolgoXIII cuz ant is not proficient with its skill yet if you think about the human healer dude he was an op healer from the start he can basically insta heal wounds, remember when ant healed itself before fleeing it still got killed the next second by jin woo meaning it needs more time to adapt to that newly gained ability

I think this arc is a bit lackluster compared to the novel.
In the novel, he was shown to have been struggling just like how he was with the demon king on the previous arc. To the point that he had to use that healing buff when he levels up.
I don't know but this fight is stale at best...

Dex-chan lover
@mammon
That's a strange reversal, since I heard that he didn't struggle much with Baran in the novel to the point of needing some support, unlike the manwha.
Or was it simply him struggling but not actually needed help?
And yeah, although the panel of him and Tusk walking through the flames was something else, this entire fight with the ant was really underwhelming aside from that scene.

@AriesBro he was talking about the potion that saved the mom. That one is only for curses, illnesses or things akin to those, which his mom had. the other potions are health potions, but they don't work on people below 10% HP which I believe was pointed out in a previous chapter that jin-woo had already thought of giving her the pot but realized it wouldn't affect her.

Dex-chan lover
tx978ex5kgg01.jpg

actually the true nature of his ability is making my heart throb, I feel an onset of tachycardia

@SRoien I perfectly understand the point of OPM, and my point is that it's a bad concept to build a story from. Solo Leveling has written itself into a corner where there are only two logical ways out:
1. JinWoo's father quite possibly has the same ability, and so he could be made an enemy who could rival JinWoo.
2. JinWoo was granted his ability in some weird twist of fate, so it could be taken away in the same manner.

Otherwise it's going to get really, really boring for anyone who expects a story to be more than a showcase of colorful artwork.

Users who are viewing this thread