Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 105

Power Uploader
@Aratoron

He just leveled up a shit ton before he tried to raise the ant guy. Also, the ant guy didn't seem to dislike becoming an undead, so it's possible that the willingness of the dead can affect his success rate.

Fed-Kun's army
Good chapter, glad he got the ant king, I think this is the first general we’ve seen so it seems like he’ll be the strongest new ally

@Nexorion No real spoilers ahead (no future events) but I just want to be sure.
Well the real story starts now xD We still don´t know why the MC has his power (the system) and why do dungeons exist. What is wrong with the monsters in dungeons? Why do they recognise his power but as soon as the MC asks for more details the monsters just stutter and reset?

Double-page supporter
It seems some people think it waste to release him, since his power is very useful
Just remember that MC very reluctant to make good and innocent people become his shadow soldiers, thats why so far in the manhwa progress the only 'human' shadow is iron, since he's a asshole that MC feel no remorse to make him a forever slave...

As for healer
Ant King is the healer, I remember that he ate the healer in the WN, And gain healing ability from him... thats why MC not bother when he releasing good healer, since he got new one... But the healer still got roles in the future, tho not in MC, but on MC's future girlfriend

Fed-Kun's army
@BasedYOLO Ye thats why I wasn't sure. They seem to be skipping around in general. As well as speeding though events. I'll mark that up I guess then but I have a feeling they are gonna skip it.

I am getting the feeling that they are just gonna do the monarch tease and then skip right to the power up lady next chapter. Pacing went through the roof in this chapter. I figured we had a chapter or two more until even the Beru summoning but then it happened this chapter. I may be wrong and just have a glorified view of these events due to it being a while since I read them. Actually planning on going back and reading the WN from here just to freshen up and so I don't mis spread info. The ant arc was some of the best writing in the WN. [For a WN I mean, most WNs have very sub par writing but the author did an excellent job in this arc with it even reading great in translation.] The perspective change kind of cheapened the events here imo but the visuals really do a good job holding this together. May even make the horrible downtime and romance plot bearable in the upcoming chapters.

The two perspective things I mean that I don't like changed is the low relevance of the Korean raid party. A much less focused view of them. Chae In was pretty central and more focused in the WN and was barely present here until she was hurt. The whole party in general felt pretty pushed out of the way instead of the tense fight scene from the WN. Also didn't like the perspective being thrown away from the camera man and the audience behind the camera. The emotions of the people watching were a pretty releavant part of this arc that felt kind of cheapened here. There was just way more attention on the Japanese party in general and it felt off. I actual did like the larger focus on them at first until they just became the whole arc. The events of this arc just felt very condensed and more of a synopsis of what actually happened in general

Sorry for the long post just wanted to get my thoughts down on this and havent had the chance as of yet

Double-page supporter
Fucking hell...they make shit look so damn cool in this manga

@Succubewbs yea judging by the google trans i read its complete shit from here on out nothing cool or interesting from now on

@maisonaustyn Wow you basically summarize all the confused unhappy feeling I had about this chapter. In all honesty, reading the WN gives it a much better pacing and feeling.

Dex-chan lover
Guys... Who even read this for the plot... I'm here for the eyegasm; the first webtoon i've ever seen with such awesome art no doubt but the source material, well...

I already read this part in novel but I haven't read till the end. These graphics are so nice! It makes me want to read the novel again. 😍😍😍

Dex-chan lover
@seekermoc I think willingness of the undead is like 90% of what decides success and fail, like half of his things that've taken 3 attempts before, on the 3rd he said something to try to buy 'em over and all.

And yeah, the ant definitely strikes me as a character that'd hate to be fully dead, so undead it is.

Double-page supporter
@maisonaustyn I haven't read the WN of this so far, but I can totally see what you're getting at. Even without knowledge of the WN, I can definitely see that most of the characters in this manhwa version don't get to see the light of day really, they're merely side characters without too much of a role with the sole focus only being on MC. You can even tell that this was going to be the direction of this manhwa from the beginning, as they made it seem like that B rank healer women was going to be somewhat important to our MC, but turns out she just disappears later. As does the low ranked son of the rich company guy who MC helped out, he's no longer pertinent to the story either. This is one of those situations where, it's an enjoyable enough read if you don't know the original work that the manhwa is based off of, just like how a lot of movies based on pre-existing novels are, but it's definitely not a work of art. It's enjoyable at best if you don't look at it too critically, but it doesn't hold up much to proper critical reviewing. It's unfortunate that that the manhwa has to be like this, not to mention pacing issues, but I think that's the difficulty of manga and manhwa in general. There's a limitation to how much content you can produce on a basis due to the limitations of not just the script writing, but also the drawing/art side of things as well.

Double-page supporter
A higher than national-level-hunter monster as a subordinate, our boy's getting completely out of hand on the power scale

Users who are viewing this thread