Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 106

This manhwa is getting overrated...The people around the MC only exist in order to glorify him and bathe him with their praise. As much as I like people getting utterly destroyed, there needs to be a limit or a handicap. It's getting ridiculous.

Meh, another chapter about nothing... I wish they could speed up and skip the exposition of how op he mc and his summons are

Dex-chan lover
@ninjakai03 There isn't really anybody around who could do anything to Beru, especially if Beru doesn't stick around to fight.

"there needs to be a limit or a handicap"
Won't you get tired of struggle stories? I like this primarily because of SUPERIOR art, it literally sells itself just fine, plot just needs to exist.
If it's about original novel - yeah, maybe you're right(haven't checked it).

After reading comments i'm somehow really glad he DIDN'T name him meruem...

Queen should've been fine, she probably spawns shadow ants(otherwise it would be really weird), i'm not sure if she completely overtakes control of ants, if so then it's kinda meh, though being of general rank she really should have some good abilities, otherwise simply spawning ants shouldn't warrant such rank. Also if it's general than communication is also possible, so it was a bit of rushed decision...

Dex-chan lover
Beru is great, but I wish he could have extracted the demon king. There were key plot points against it, sadly

@CherryMxTx This manga is rated so highly because it's got a rather deep story. You won't see it if you're turning your brain off, but hints are given to you in every chapter. Like most book-to-manwha transitions, it skips a fair bit which hurts the quality. But it is currently still good enough to earn a 9.0 ranking.

You're also making the mistake that almost all mangadex readers make at one point or another: you're forgetting that this is a series - it is meant to be read in large chunks of several chapters at a time, with each chunk leading into the next. No one chapter is meant to stand on its own - of course you're going to be dissatisfied if you read each one in isolation.

This chapter fills in something we already suspected, which is that all the souls the MC raises are in fact as sentient and personable as they were in life. They just lack the will to speak, which is apparently something made available to them after they've built themselves up sufficiently to rank up. Whether or not they make something of this later is TBD, but it's an excellent set-up for future plot.

I could go on and on for a while, but the appeal of this story up to this point is adequately summed up by @MathmanPI . Take some time to scroll back and read his post.

Love this series, but can they stop milking the jeju Island arch already. It's not even this long in the light novels

Dex-chan lover
@PurpleRabbit61 huh? It was even longer in the novels. There was the whole Japanese sub plot. And MC cleared up these other ants in the novel too. The only difference is saving these people on the boats.

Dex-chan lover
Beru is great, but I wish he could have extracted the demon king. There were key plot points against it, sadly

Most of all being that
that wasn't the real demon king, it was a wholly artificial construct within the instant dungeon.

But of course, as I assume you were referencing, people who read the novels know that Sovereigns all have spiritual bodies and thus cannot be made into shadow soldiers. So even if it were the real demon king, it couldn't have been resurrected. But it wasn't.

Meh, another chapter about nothing... I wish they could speed up and skip the exposition of how op he mc and his summons are

Uh, sorry, but for the next 3 or 4 arcs,
he just becomes more and more of a Mary Sue, until finally, finally, the other Sovereigns show up on earth and actually give him a challenge again.

We're going to get at least 50 more chapters of "check out how OP the mc and his summons are now"

I thought artist would drew him a surprised face because he was surprised when he found out Beru could talk in WN. But no his face doesnt have any expressions as always and its getting kinda boring.

Users who are viewing this thread