Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 106

The inner monster collector in me cringed when he dispersed the queen ant. Just have one slot for her and don't summon her if she's such a bother, I am sure she had some uses.

Double-page supporter
@flamfag123 seriously, like she had a general rank as well, there had to have been abilities that she had that would warrant such a rank. For him to just disperse her like that ... oof. Really makes the more realistically careful side of me cringe like fuck.

Double-page supporter
You guys realize just how fucked they would have been without MC? I'm not even talking about the obvious, but remember how their original plan was to snipe out the queen and somehow pick off the ants afterwards when she isn't controlling them anymore? Seeing how in this chapter that even without her, they went out on a rampage, seems like they would have been fucked either way even if they were able to get the queen. They would have eventually been overrun by the sheer number of ants, and with the majority of the best S classes wiped out, the rest of all the Korean guilds would have been done for.

Dex-chan lover
This is like the birth of Wraith in everyone's favorite magical spider girl, where he gets enslaved and forced to eat his sister.

Always waiting for something to go sideways in this story and others like it. Doesn't seem like that will happen though.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who thinks the MC actually named the ant after a moisture farmer's wife instead of some researcher????

🤓

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, if he Sun Jin Woo didn't exist, they'd all probably be doomed by now.

Dex-chan lover
@Flamfag123 @goodhunter @mahtan

Yeah, could've used her to herd the ants back but anything else is probably useless.

Firstly, since she doesn't have a body, she can't make more ants and / or create ants the same as Beru anymore.
Same thing as it is irl. Dead Queen = Dead Colony.

Secondly, she will have a higher authority over the ants and may conflict with his decisions (they may be absolutely loyal but that doesn't mean that they'll follow exactly as he orders because there's a middleman)

And Third, I don't think she has any more unique ability, since she's a queen, and considering her size being too huge (will hinder mobility); inability to use ranged magic (other than command) and that she isn't as strong as Beru, it's only reasonable to let her go.

But I do indeed like the idea of collecting her just for display, but with a limited space, I'd rather find a more 'special' type of unit of another race (of monster of course) and be content with the best.

This chapter was kinda boring , the MC just kept talking to himself and the only thing he did was controlling that powerful ant .
I wanted to see some developtment in the main plot .

Dex-chan lover
@Winchan
I was thinking more because of the limited slots.
I see two possible benefits of having the queen:
1- The summons that are connected to the Queen does not occupy summon slots, meaning he could have two armies being one directly under him and another under the queen.
2- The Queen being a commander by nature would be able to better coordinate and use the ants with telepathic orders it would mean instant change in formations and better team work.

Double-page supporter
Well it's pretty sweet he got this OP ant. Ant seems pretty chill as well. I just hoped he would've extracted the queen as well. If he has the queen under his command, wouldn't the ants the queen controls follow the queen's order, which is Jin Woo's orders? I don't see why it wouldn't work.

This webtoon is really incredible ! The only negative point that is in common with all manga, webtoon of this style is that the female characters are extremely poorly written ... The only one that had potential Chae (which was described as the most strong with Go) was knocked out in two seconds ... Male authors (and some female too beside) really don't like to highlight strong, well-written women. I guess it's in the mentalities and it must be something unconscious to give them a role lesser, it makes me a little sad that some men see us as something useless that is there only for romance (and as in this story romance is almost nonexistent women are almost too ...)

Fed-Kun's army
@Kisa24
The majority of the audience are male thus the majority of the characters are male, just let the author do what he wants to do and complain about something that actually needs complaining about

@Kisa24 To be fair, pretty much every character written is going to be there to ooh and ahhh as the MC powers through everything in style. Was initially drawn to the story because I thought he was going to do something using more intelligence. He now powers through everything shounen anime style.

Users who are viewing this thread