Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 109

The existence of the monarch is being kept secret from the humans, as such, I believe that the word monarch was used incorrectly in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@flxsemi
There's a bit of a difference between 'suspecting' he has no limit, and being outright 'told' by the series.
For all we knew he could have had a level cap. Which would mean he had a limit. Now we know otherwise.

Besides, only one other person so far has figured out that his power grows over time.

Fed-Kun's army
@Zing: In another translation, "king" was used.

I wonder if their next card to play is the "we know your dad (..but he escaped from us, and we no idea where he is now)".

@flxsemi i think the point is that while we knew it , and he kinda vaguely knew that (he didnt'd know for sure if he had any hard limits) but the important thing is that they know that.
also im pretty sure that there are some humans that knew about monarchs , besides jinwoo, but it was not public knowledge

Aggregator gang
@Zing i think it was used in much traditional sense of ruler than *those* so i wouldn't say wrong imo

Dex-chan lover
No wonder she freaked out... it's like staring at a endless abyss and it looks back at you, and you witness what being near a god is like.

@flxsemi Well, it was never confirmed before. Just because he can level up that doesn't mean there isn't a level cap. Of course, that was always the assumption but it was just that, an assumption. I don't think the revelation, if you can call it that, needed an entire chapter dedicated to it but whatever.

Dex-chan lover
@Spinaple
Not exactly... Monarchs could be what the different factions has assigned as a power measure for people and monsters. But what a true Monarch is just laughable different.

But what male is compared to a Monarch is like comparing the earth to the sun.

I suggest reading the wiki page for this webtoon as it gives a rather detailed explaining on the term "Monarch"

this is a chapter not so exciting for me, but of those necessary kind. Unfortunately i know some of future developements of story, so i more or less understand what's happening. anyway, great art as usual, and over all THANKS for translation!

Edit: as happened other times, there's notable differences between one eng translation and another (yes, Jaimini's and Solo Scans), so i'm asking, it's so difficult translate from Korean?

Double-page supporter
If I remember correctly she only said "he has no limit" and "the darkness gazed back to me" but he she says "he is a monarch"
Which isn't supposed to be mentioned this early, well considering the beast monarch and the other one already made a appearance even tho they only appeared when it was close to end it may be normal for now

Double-page supporter
As predictable as all this is, I still love it. I was really afraid she would stop and just say something ominous or don't say anything at all about him, but I so happy it was and absolute over-the-top-"that guy is dangerous"-type of reaction.
I'm fully okay with this series just constantly over-hyping its protagonist, I really enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread