Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 109

Dang this is getting so good!!! I can’t hold back how great this chapter was even through it was so short!! I can’t wait for the next chapter to see what happens next.

Double-page supporter
Elderly American woman freaks out after touching a Korean man. Very meta.

always imagine miss selner gonna me be a lovely old hunchback lady who is 80s or sth for some reason lol

Dex-chan lover
Don't understand why he even bothered with them.. Since he knows he can level up by himself??
Did he think he had a lvl cap??
Many thanks

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know if this came through, but around pg. 9 or so when he exclaims, "Mrs.Selner!" it's because what she said there sounds a lot like flirting. I thought that was funny.

Of course, you can read what she said took be completely normal and innocent, but the word choices she makes in Korean can very easily and even commonly read in *that* way. For examples, 눈빗 literally means the "light in the eyes" and can be translated as "twinkle" like, "before you were a twinkle in your father's eyes" usage. Or "making eyes." Not that that's the only way to translate it but it can be in that situation.

And 경험 is experience, and that can also have *that* connotation.

And 매달리다 is like someone holding on to someone in desire and longing. I think I put in something like the allure being irresistible.

So yeah, Mrs. Selner thirsty.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, so she really can upgrade abilities? Nice. Much better than "in reality she uses undetectable hypnosis to make hunters join them" I was thinking her power would be. Since you know - it's America and this is Asian comic. You can't have a series here without shady American business.

Users who are viewing this thread