Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 42

Double-page supporter
U guys are literally whining about people whining and making it personal. U aint better than the peeps u complain about.

it would be funny if the timer of the job change ist still on going while being inside the penality zone :-D

Fed-Kun's army
didn't the amount of running he did in a dungeon count towards the daily goal before - why was his running at 0/10km?

@tailor31415 That's a good question. Maybe he could only have one active quest at a time. Or, like how his shop and quest rewards were unusable in the dungeon, maybe other quests were unusable.

It's an established fact that all times pass and no matter where he is time still passes the same everywhere.
From what I grasped in the RAWS that is what'll become clear next chapter.

@GenesisX

Your spoiler is slightly wrong, so person on that reddit misread mlt most likely or if they got it from manwha its slightly different from LN.

"He can raise 30 1st level monsters, or he can sacrifice 20 of them for the possibility of raising a boss to serve him."

First part is right, second part should read he can only save 20 shadows to his shadow dimension initially. Not he needs to sacrifice 20 for a strong shadow creature. Saving shadow creatures is important so he can walk around street without his army behind him. In novel he has to kill 10 of his shadows because of not enough room.

Strong shadow creatures depends entirely on mob he's extracting shadow from, so if he extracts it from S class mob he gets a strong shadow. But extraction success is proportionate to how strong mob is and he has max three chances like was stated. As he levels up these numbers increase.

Dex-chan lover
One thing I don't understand is why he didn't take one of the knights mace/hammer and literally started spinning around, destroying the next waves of knights. Or when he went invisible, why didn't he go immediately after the mages and then rested for the rest of the stealth duration. Or why did he go stealth at all when it drained his mana so much. And then intelligence. If high STR made his body change then high INT should increase his "real" intelligence. It seems obvious for me to pump that stat up with like every 3rd or 4th point he gets.

lol i bet that after he returns from penalty zone, job change quest timer will be at 4 hours. bugged quest ?

@BananowyJE

One thing I don't understand is why he didn't take one of the knights mace/hammer and literally started spinning around, destroying the next waves of knights. Or when he went invisible, why didn't he go immediately after the mages and then rested for the rest of the stealth duration. Or why did he go stealth at all when it drained his mana so much. And then intelligence. If high STR made his body change then high INT should increase his "real" intelligence. It seems obvious for me to pump that stat up with like every 3rd or 4th point he gets.

He gets a 30% damage bonus from wielding daggers. He doesn't use hammers and afaik there are no separate damage calculation for piercing or blunt weapons. He'd probably also incur a strength penalty e.g. decreased movement speed for wielding hammers.

The instance he went invisible the mage used stealth detect. He didn't know there were mages to start nor that they had this ability. He went stealth as explained, he thought he'd get an easy few minutes of the timer but as mentioned he didn't know about the mages.

STR effects real life strength because you need it to swing objects. In most mmos INT doesn't effect real life iq because its linked to mana not the brain - you don't need to be smarter to cast spells but do need to be stronger to swing harder. Some manga/ LN do let int effect intelligence but they're in the minority. Usually higher int = more damage magic spells and mp. That's why in many mmos the intelligence stat has different names to avoid this confusion.

@Amplify What's hilarious is that people tend to cry "plot armor" even after the 100th time in the same literature, always saying "frak this shit, im out". Then they continue to read. :)

It's nigh impossible to write anything without anything you will sense as plot armor, or luck, or call it anything. Stories where the MC have an overwhelming advantage right from the get off? Boring, and wont live for a long time. Unless they are slice of life. Or hentai.

So the current plot armor to save the mc this time, is to make the daily quest running out of time and teleport, instead of the usual status recovery?

Hmm a lil bit forceful just to make it interesting but I guess there's a reason why it's just a your average plot hole that the author missed without properly thinking about it. Still disappointed though since the consistency of the story logic is getting thrown out, when there are other more creative interesting way to implements it.

I mean the past mc learned to not be reckless, and now how reckless the mc can be, to missed the daily quest to receive the status recovery before going in a special dungeon for job quest that he has never entered before? Sigh argghhh what a let down

You guys have to remember the author is human, I dont see why you guys are arguing about this manhwa missing some plot or giving a better opinion of an alternative. Either you can stop reading these manhwa or just enjoy it.

Dex-chan lover
@Maala
All the time, hell there's one above you now.

Since we're complaining about shitlords anyway, about the only thing worse than those people are the ones who complain that the current release rate isn't fast enough for them, and start attacking the translator for it. I've asked them why they do it, they apparently think that if the translator doesn't translate at whatever arbitrarily defined rate they've decided on then they have the right to complain because some other translator on some other series does translate that fast. The other """"reason"""" for complaints is that the translation isn't caught up to the RAWs, so they feel entitled to whine about it.

Solo leveling is awesome this translators are awesome and yes i wished they were super humans and could translate it faster cause im addicted but im still thankful for how fast u guys deliver much love ❤️❤️❤️❤️✌?

@MrEd Pal, MC in the past didnt even have time to think, he was constantly in life and death situations. I challenge you to learn not to be reckless while you are in situations like that. :)

@Amplify Hahaha, yea, it's like they are compensating for their lack of size by being massive dicks... While they just show how supermassive black (ass)holes they are. :D

Well, I think for every time when you are itching for that new literature you that you want to read, you can just run a search and find 5-10 new pieces you can read. Any time. And you will still crave the next episode of that hyped one, but at least you will forget about it for a few hours-days. :)

Well, this is my method.

Dex-chan lover
What's the bet he goes back 4 hours later, healed up, with the clock still running - having scored an extra 4 hours - and essentially having had an easier time in the punishment zone than the job dungeon...
And as a result, scores a better job than he deserves...
That would be an epic cheat.

Dex-chan lover
@Amplify plot armor is plot armor, no need to deny it. I actually like dumb mc's. They make things more interesting.

@Kaarme no it's not reasonable for him to not do his daily quest before doing a Job Change quest. He already has previous experience of his Daily Quests life recovery saving his life. It takes him less than 30 minutes to do his Daily quest, there's no reason not to do it aside from MC being dumb.
We've known MC is dumb since he couldn't figure out what to do in a dungeon that had a tablet with rules about what to do, aka, the very beginning. No need to defend his brain, I enjoy reading dumb mc stories anyway.

Aggregator gang
@firosahoge
True him being dumb is better but it should at least be consistent. Any intelligent person, or hell anyone good at RPGs would always keep that daily refresh before a raid or whatever. ITs fine if hes dumb sure but howcome the one stat that doesnt improve in the real world is INT? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread