Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 49

@Topii
Can someone tell me in which time period they draw new chapters, since they've caught up to the raws:)

I think it comes on Wednesdays or Thursdays... funitoon has them... just beware of the huge ammounts of H prowling on that page...

Group Leader
i'm sad ;_; weekly updates but this series is so addicting TT^TT i've already re-read many of the chapters over and over because it's so addicting ;-;

also, i like new girl. she's very observant. i wonder what her role and rank is... and the high school girl, she's a bit cocky but it's not unattractive. i hope she learns a lesson, but will continue to appear in the story after this arc.

@Vykos

my brain hurt reading novel. it's unedited or very poorly edited google translation

As someone who reads a lot of machine translations, this one and Korean novels in general are really badly done that I'll avoid them in the future until the quality improves. Two huge issues with the mtl for this novel are:

1. Males and female pronouns are mixed up 80% of the time e.g. MC is referred to as she/ her, sister is male/ he etc - this makes it very confusing for the reader to understand the sex of the speaker

2. Not is placed in a sentence when it shouldn't be there and vice versa - in effect the reader is being told the opposite of what is actually written in Korean

Two other big but not game break problems with the mtl are:

1. Singular and Plural pronouns mixed up e.g. I vs We are used interchangeably making it frustrating to follow

2. Names for characters can have half a dozen or more variations e.g. MC is called Sung Jinwoo, Jinwu, Sujin, Jinyu etc - this is done for every character so its easy to lose track of the speaker. The worst names are ones which have meanings other than being a name e.g. in English Cherry can be a girls name and a fruit. Well there will be a girl called "Cha" which means Tea so her name can appear as Cha, Car, Tea, Cae etc.

On top of all that it has the regular poor localisation of names e.g. Igris = The Grit, sentences that don't make sense and dialog that can be hard to follow.

The two redeeming factors are the game elements (can make it easier to get back on track when lost) and the use of asterisks (***) to denote a scene change.

Having read many mtl both easy and difficult I'd place this Korean one at a 8/10 difficulty but its only 260 or so chapters long which is why I am reading it (at chapter 200 at moment and should finish by tomorrow at the latest).

@BlueCatMage

it doesn't really mention that, that S-Rank was there outside the red gate. So I'm honestly not sure if the manga decided to deviate from that point or if there's a translation mistake somewhere or if Hwang just decided to go off somewhere after waiting several hours. That part though is driving me absolutely insane because I REALLY would like to know how that future encounter ends!

I picked up the raws a few days ago on chapter 45 and I can confirm that this arc doesn't seem to materialise i.e. no confrontation after the gate. As I didn't read the raws before chapter 45 I can't say if the manhwa has slightly deviated from light novel. I do know in the raws at around chapter 170 that guy is mentioned again when mc is heading to USA for a gathering of S Class Hunters/ big guilds. I still have 60 or so chapters left to read in the raws so no further update.

Update: As mentioned, around chapter 183-193 the idiot brother arc is reintroduced. Basically he can't touch MC whose coming to USA for guild conference because MC is too strong and a S class hunter too. US Hunter organisation head also bars him touching MC as they want to befriend/ recruit MC. So idiot brother kidnaps MC's friend (Yu Jin Ho guy - the D ranker from a few chapters ago - and tortures him for info - basically beats him to death then uses healer to revive him, rinse and repeat. MC uses shadows to find him and then kills idiot brother and makes him a shadow soldier. There's another big plot point that occurs but I'm digressing so will leave it there.

@SilverbladeUY

There are 268 chapters in the raws and its marked as "complete" on Comrademao so I assume its finished. From where I am in the story it's certainly possible to wrap everything up as there aren't too many loose ends but I won't know for sure until I read the last 60 chapters.

@SilverbladeUY

Google "Comrademao" and on there are machine translations for various Chinese, Japanese and Korean novels. Solo Levelling was only recently added so should be top link.

Before reading, note my comment below to Vykos about the difficulty of reading it because the mtl is much worse than a typical Chinese mtl you might find on lnmtl. On the solo levelling sub reddit people are doing actual translations but they are only on chapter 20 or so. You can give the Korean mtl a try if you are desperate for some spoilers.

Dex-chan lover
why read mtl novel? just put this one in your forget list and then binge later. The drawings here are too good.

@GunDon
retarded boi, me english over 9000 to see that whoever posted that shit didn't ever tried to translate it but copypasted it as is after google butchery. if you don't see anything wrong with translation maybe it's time for you to enter elementary school

@Fi_786
yeah all those things you mentioned

I very much enjoy this. While some people moan about the poor English used when translating this, I personally don't care to much. Either I'm not reading too deeply, or my mind is so used to it that it corrects any mistakes without thinking about it. I personally don't care if it was copy and pasted from google translate, because when i read it i'm not paying attention to such nitpicking details. I'm just glad that the next chapter comes out on a very regular basis on here. I love the story of it and the artwork is so beautiful. I can't wait to find out what happens next! A great read.

@Thorn344

Are you talking about the manhwa or the light novel?

Because there are no translation errors on manhwa side, its the light novel which most people are complaining about because it's machine translated and Korean can be hard to translate without a professional translator.

Users who are viewing this thread