Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 55

There is an unfortunate missing details here with Baek Yoon-ho and Sung Jin Woo interactions, although I do understand why the manhwa author could have missed it. It's not a spoiler if it is from the same chapter, but just in case the author decided not to add this in at all in the future or delayed its addition, I'll put a spoiler tag on the next line.

Baek didn't just realize how strong Jin-woo was from the fact that he was confident. It was both that he escaped from Baek's grip easily and Baek also activated a certain skill to analyze Jin-woo's power level, which is visually a prominent feature that can't be missed kind of like his white hair when he activated his power in previous chapter.

@Goshtic
As for his MC rudeness that was let go of, Sung Jin-Woo was rude, I agree with you.

However, he was extremely annoyed after failing to add Baruka to his army, so any kind of aggression that he is met with, will be returned with an equal or stronger aggression. Additionally, Baek showed his aggression first and he was also trying to dominate Jinho as if saying that he is stronger and Sung has to follow his "orders". Sung also made a valid point here by telling Baek to question his own guild members on the details instead - while it doesn't justify the way he delivered that message.

As to how annoyed Jin-woo was, all the time since reawakening, every challenge/ordeal always rewards something of equal quality - xp and items, but when he gets his new job advancement, that also includes the boss themselves in his own army.

Now, in front of Jin-woo, is the strongest opponent he has faced yet - who can overwhelm Igris, who is slightly stronger than Jin-woo, completely and requires a three-man team of Igris, Jin-woo, and Iron to properly beat. He has fought Baruka with the mindset that he will be able to add this super-strong guy in his collection, but after anticipating that during the entire fight, he fails to add him. Naturally he will be annoyed, eventhough it's not something anyone else who was watching the scene would understand - like the reaction we get from Hee-jin.

Note: Unlike other manhwa where character's judgement on power level can be wrong and others in this manhwa, Sung Jin-woo's sense stats allows him to detect these things accurately, and when he says that Igris + Jin-woo vs Baruka = Jin-woo losing, he is most likely accurate on that too - you can underestimate someone's power level but not overestimate if your sense stat is low or the opponent if focusing himself into hiding his power.

@Uproared Jin-woo borrowed the team car for that day since they are not raiding that day.

Naturally, it was Jin-ho's car, and Jin-woo at that point is still poor (as in he get quite a bit of money from raiding with Jin-ho in C-rank dungeon, but he will not received the billions rewards until he finished all 19 dungeons with Jin-ho) since the in-game currency is different from real world currency.

That's why Jin-ho had to take a taxi to Jin-woo's place to pick Jin-woo and the team car up. Jin-woo had originally planned to use the car to pick Jin-ho up for a change, but he fell asleep after trying to get some rest on the couch and missed the timing.

It's just little details that the manhwa author decided to leave out or make it implied at most, since this is an Action-Adventure manhwa and the author needs to keep the pace.

https://solotranslater.blogspot.com/ it has all of them the web novel. It takes a bit to understand the format, but it has korean and english lines

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G5j7VWdEcjuWBg2unQeAHH4oOut6OCtU9ZyumDTodwA/htmlview?usp=sheets_web&sle=true#

Its chap 130 translated. Up top, you can find the chapa you wish to read and start from there. Its a very confusing page that changed recently. But this is Solo Leveling web novel to current. When you click on page it will be blank where the text should be. Go up top and click a chap and the page will fill in.

@Trevelyan thx for the info 🙂 i figured it was something like that but i still think it could of been done better without taking up many pages

fpMF9bE

New meme?

Fed-Kun's army
@masterappetince It says that 25th chestnut is not planning to translate it anymore (and in fact there's no update today).

Do you (or anyone else ) know of someone else who's translating it now?
Not machine translations, please. They give me eye cancer.

@Goshtic Isn't Junwoo simply being an ass (and an ass he had been for quite some time now)? His temperament definitely changed after reawakening, as been pointed mostly by his sister.

@Kanol Baek stopped him, because he was leaving the scene after a Red Gate was discovered and to him, miraculously got cleared. Had he stayed around, Baek wouldn't confront him like he did. So the person being rude here is Jinwoo's action. It's similar to a crime scene that just occurred and you were there. Then immediately you decide to leave; "Let's go, I'll drive you home", even tho you know you're the hero that saved whatever left of the hostages/victims. However, the officer (doesn't know the details to what occurred there) stops you. "Hold it, let's talk for a bit." <- there was no aggression here. Then you're like, "I'm currently tired, if you got something to ask, go talk to the other witnesses instead." - A natural and common reaction to that response from the officer would definitely be like this: "WTF, this is an order, you're not leaving the scene. A lot of people lives were lost today, I need answers." Then you're like, "I don't care, I saved them, shouldn't you kiss my ass first?" - and all of a sudden the office is like, damn, you're right, even tho you have no evidence to currently back that up, I must believe you, cause you're the MC. I'm sorry, can you turn your butt cheek around so I can proceed? I apologize once again, Mr MC. That is my issue with this interaction. The MC has things going for him way too conveniently. The interaction just start to become fragmented with oversights and ends in a stupid way. The whole time reading this chapter, it was a WTF moment here.

@Trevelyan Yes, to the reader, we understand why Jinwoo is annoyed. We get that information. I don't care to comment the obvious. Baek didn't show his aggression first. It was Jinwoo's passive aggressive reply. The 'it's not my problem, talk to your guild mates first attitude, while leaving the scene nonchalantly.' This works the same way that would annoy Baek, too ya know? The problem is the line delivery and how Baek bent to his knees immediately with his tails between his legs and apologizes right away. We get that Baek realize our MC is strong, because he has some hidden power not revealed yet to detect that our MC is not a normal E rank. The problem is the characters are not properly flushed out. The writing is implying that every character introduced somehow has a neural network of 100% accurate information on what our MC has been doing, even if they were not there in the chapter to see it and whatever comes out of the MC's mouth, you can not doubt him for even a moment, unless that character is written off to die soon.

@Goshtic Except... he has no legal authority. False equivalency. Secondly, he recognizes the level of difficulty a red gate poses and the fact that a high ranking member died while the MC survived... so no neural network needed to gauge power, just common sense. Lastly, trying to impose your will and throw around your authority on someone you're trying to recruit is the height of stupidity. Again, common sense.

Edit: I do agree though, that the MC is not a good guy. He values hiding his power over revealing it and potentially saving the other group.

@Baroona Doesn't matter legal or not, it was just an example. The same scenario can occurred and it doesn't have to be an officer. It could be a responsible party, a parent figure, etc. Say he saved most of your family member from whatever accident occurred, of course you have zero idea what happened and then 'that' person decides to leave the scene. You're going to tell me you're not going to stop the person suspiciously leaving after what happened? Then he gives you that attitude. Are you going to drop to your knees and kiss his feet too? Because you may one day want him as your son-in-law, so best watch how you talk back to him, amirite?

Fed-Kun's army
@ Goshtic - The red gate is something that by rights should have killed every person there. You're talking about a registered hunter, not a fleeing perp. If a first responder pulls your kid out of a fire the first thing you say is "thank you" not "why didn't you save my wife?", otherwise you're an ass. Grilling someone for information, going up and demanding answers from them, especially the way Baek grabbed his shoulder? That's aggressive, especially coming from an S rank. Is Jinwoo being a bit rude? Maybe, but he's not wrong.

@Kanol Are we looking at the same manga? Baek didn't grab his shoulder at first. He gave a gentle tab to stop him. Our MC then knocked it off and proceeds to walk it off. Baek was initially friendly with our MC. It's when Jinwoo show annoyance to Baek that he returned it.

Well ya, First Responder are easy to identify. You know who are the heroes doing their job. Here, if you put yourself in Baek's shoe, you have ZERO information on who did what in there. Sure you WOULD go and talk to your guild mate first, but then, you have someone that is immediately LEAVING the scene. By doing that, they've made themselves voluntarily up for questioning. You're going to leave an unknown walk away from you when you need information here and now? If our MC stayed around, instead of wanting to flee the scene, I'm sure Baek would've confronted his guildmates first, then find out that Jinwoo saved them, would approach him and humbly thank him for saving them. Then if Baek wanted to ask a few questions of his own and Jinwoo is like "I'm tired, I'm heading home." Then it'll depend on how our Arthur want to play out Baek's personality here. The Arthur can make him out to be an ass and try to force him to stay and answer his questions or he can make him the good/nice/understanding guy and let him leave to have his rest and talk to him more about the incident another time. But instead, we get this awkward exchange of dialogue and reaction that feels out of place, as if the Arthur force's Baek's character to have these expression because Jinwoo is MC. You don't mess with the MC. Trying to make our MC look badass/cool failed here for me, instead the scene played out looks rather pathetic.

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder? No, sorry, that was not a tap. Look again. See that little white chevron that demarcates force the first and second time he places his hand? It is not friendly to place your hand on someone hard enough to physically stop them from moving especially when you're that worlds equivalent of a 400lb offensive lineman.

"First Responder are easy to identify." Yeah they're the people who are part of an organization that respond to emergency situations to prevent loss of human life, bringing living people out of a disaster area.

I like that the resurrection failed. It adds something to the story that the MC doesn't always get the level up he is aiming for.

The MC's first real loss since reawakening : not being able to add a super powerful elf to his army

Users who are viewing this thread