Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 64

Dex-chan lover
MC better watch out for Daddy. Not closing your eyes after death really nails that coffin.

Double-page supporter
You really have to stretch to believe that no one anywhere in America can understand Korean except for douchebro. There are Koreans and Korean speakers in every major city in America. Even if, through some minor miracle, the guild he is a part of only has one person who can speak and understand Korean, it should be easy enough to ship the video off to an affiliate guild in Korea. Even after that they could go outside of the guild and hire a translator for goddamn pennies to give them a transcript of the conversation. There's no way they are unaware of the actual contents of the video unless they are being willfully ignorant.

Did i read the hunter association chairman had doki doki with the MC ? hmmm....gay spotted. lol

I can't win with my skill. Ah i know if i use my money to buy that premium item and use it i can win easily.

Group Leader
The father seems like a good, honest and nice man... but with Jin-Woo it different. He would have killed that punkass S-rank, stole his soul and forced him to join his army.
That was, there's no risk of a vengeance to ever happen.

Dex-chan lover
It's an inherent problem of the system that produce douche hunters like that idiot S ranker one. Humans just simply awake to the power, and that power stays (except for exceptions like the MC). So, one day a person with weak willpower will suddenly gain S rank powers. That makes them instantly a superstar in the whole world, with people milling around offering million dollar deals. They can clear quite challenging dungeons with basic training alone due to their personal stats alone. Of course they would need to work hard to take on S level dungeons, and still might have to retreat, but such hard work is a simple and fine way to spend their time, with all the rewards and respect they enjoy. It's easy to image how this will easily lead to a bloated ego and bad behavior.

Dex-chan lover
Thing is, MC can still access high level dungeons with the system spawning more dungeon keys for him, so joining the association aint bad.

Double-page supporter
@Kaarme And additionally, I doubt those brothers were model students even before they gained their powers, so it's even easier to understand why their personalities are what they are. If the system can, relatively easily, corrupt a normal person into becoming an arrogant douche, imagine what it'll do to a person who was an arrogant douche to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
Really liked this chapter. We got more background info on how the Hunters function in a societal sense, a spelling out of the current power structure and a look into how the government is trying to manage both.

That set up a great interaction between MC and the Chairman, which defined two things fairly clearly.
1- That MC is not unaware of how he shifted in the power structure nor is he trying to avoid a kind of responsibility that should come with that increase in strength.
2- After MC refused the Chairman's offer, the Chairman came to a realization that maybe his method of trying to beat the Guilds at their own game by seeking to collect strong Hunters is perhaps a bit futile, a sort of treating a symptom rather than the disease. The disease in this case being the dungeons/monsters. MC focusing on clearing and pacifying dungeons is likely the better path to pursue.

"even after your death, you still won't be able to close your eyes"
is Sung Il Hwan saying that he also has a necromancy type ability? because if he did, this sentence would make way more sense,not that it didn't make sense.

Double-page supporter
Couple of changes from LN

Old man doesnt offer MC thr official badge of authority, and their interaction has more spoken dialogue.

The last scene with Hwang in hospital bed isnt in the LN, but the MC's dad warning dialogue is noted way later (I wanna say chapters 160-197 range.

@Nicromatic
Thing is, MC can still access high level dungeons with the system spawning more dungeon keys for him, so joining the association aint bad.

True but then how would he explain the fact that he becomes unreachable when they might need his help, or simply how can he get stronger doing only low lvl dungeons.

Dex-chan lover
@Hikkaryu

1. For the stronger thing, in general people don't get stronger in this world. I also believe they also can't measure strength above S rank. Pretty much, it'll be hard for them to see that he got stronger (unless they detect aura or something). He can always just claim that he was always this strong (post second awakening).

2. As an S rank in the association (I assume the only one other than the boss), he can probably argue for a lot of freedom. Like ALOT. I mean seriously, he's mainly just there as a deterrent to keep everyone else (the other S rankers) from going out of line. That said, by the nature of this supposed job, yeah he's really only needed in emergencies. Guess that may be a problem then. But once again, emergencies that require an S rank to deal with are probably rare.

I suppose the route to take now is just to take occasional emergency job offers provided he's free...
The old dude seems like he'll be a recurring character who'll frequently request MC's help.

Users who are viewing this thread