Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 75

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. Even if I didn't mind starting over from scratch, there's also something nice about getting to see new chapters of the story as well.

uh...
nice one.

the "flow of speech" is somewhat better

but pls reduce the number of different fonts, thx =)

Dex-chan lover
i like the way they talk here
the S-rank girl's(totally didn't forget her name) speech sounds a lot better and more understandable

Group Leader
@AndalindaV I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the amount of support in the comments, and I'm always open to criticism. (Usually.)

In retrospect, I understand what people are saying about the over-diversity of fonts in the chapter. In order of appearance, I used: Calibri, Action Man, laCartoonerie, Wurmics Bravo, Broken, Teko, Kalam, Medrano, Chinacat, Itim, and Set Fire to the Rain, so the complaints are justified, considering JB used 2-3 in any given chapter.

Thanks for the chapter! Your translations are a lot more coherent to me and the conversations flow better than the previous version I read (I think it was JB's?).

Dex-chan lover
@seruil
For what it's worth, I didn't notice the fonts. It all looked fine to me.

And the dialogue made more sense than in JB's version.

MD@Home
Thank you for the chapter. I thought the dialogue was much better in your translation. I am of the camp that had no issues with the various fonts, I think they are another way to set the tone of the conversation among other things.

That ending didn't make sense in the previous translation which had her ask "Did I look weird" and the girl asks "To who". In this version it's "Did he notice?" which makes the girls following similar response of "Who?" make alot more sense to me.

I noticed the different fonts but besides when the suited boyos started talking it didn't bother me in the slightest. Even so, the dialogue to me sounds a lot better. I'm just glad this translation is still up and rolling throiugh. Thanks a ton.

Double-page supporter
I like the varied font, makes reading more fun to be honest.
Thanks for translating this.

It's nice to see this here again. I really like this series. There are some points of word useage that I agree with more on this variant than the other, but that's me being a native speaker as well as having spec'd into literacy. XD
I will probably keep reading this on JB's site. Partly because of backlog in case I want to go over them again, partly because their translations tend to be closer to intent in Korean.
I appreciate the work they've put in to scanlating everything, and am admittedly a bit frustrated and disappointed in just how many things I started reading on MD being pulled. It sucks for those like me, who were starting to look forward to the releases here, but it's out of my hands and I don't have the emotional energy to get worked up about it when there's so many things that I need to be legitimately angry about.
@truepurple, I understand the strangeness of the last few lines. I attribute it to the layered meaning that language has. It's likely the actual word choice was a mix of the two, say, asking if they looked weird, but in a way that implied specificity towards a person and not just a general statement. This is the ever-present dilemma of translating not just a different language, but one where the syntax is both different than what we're used to and how the words are intended to fit together. ^,^

Wow, seems like the translation of certain words are better used here than the previous one. Either way, I'm still waiting for JB to continue this work... If they do continue, I will read it from their site, else I will just wait for a new translator group to pick it up here...

Users who are viewing this thread