Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 86

@woulez Quite curious how you remove links to scanlators who left MD but you allow direct links to sites from groups who are still on here
Seems about right?
Example is here: https://mangadex.org/title/21604/next-life/comments/

I won't say that I am surprised by this development. Just that I was already reading it, and other series, on scanlation sites. Not just JB.
I'm not against it either. Let people read where they want. I don't want a fight over this that could lead to all sides dropping the series.
I might switch to here for ease of reading should new chapters be here first. But it's not the only series I'm reading on JB, so they'll still
get traffic from me either way.

Miku best girl
Admin
Groups who leave are only permitted a link on their group page.

For obvious reasons, this does not apply to groups who upload here.

Seems fair, no?

So if someone is looking for a chapter that's only on a scanlator that's not here I'm not allowed to link them in the comments where it's asked but somehow direct them otherwise to it? And the example I gave is an aggregator which makes me wonder why it also wasn't deleted

An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
@cyclist that link you gave an example to should also be removed, I'll do that now.
As we're not omniscient, we don't see everything going on everywhere.

If you see aggregate links or direct external links to groups that doesn't upload to MangaDex please report them.
It's fine to link to group pages like @holo said above.

There's also rule 5.4.7 to refer to.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator

Mod Post: Please keep Rule 5.4.7 in mind when posting. It states: "A group that has opted out of using MangaDex to distribute their content must opt out in its entirety, including (but not limited to) linking to their website in comments and using any of our channels for recruitment."

This includes their fans linking directly to the chapters or websites. Mods will be watching this thread to make sure this rule isn't ignored. We understand that there are a lot of JB fans around here, but every group has the right to scanlate whatever and however they wish. We will not tolerate harassment (of which there has been none so far, thank goodness) or repeated attempts to use our platform as an advertising venue for groups who have chosen to pull out of MangaDex.​

Staff
Super Moderator
@Tych
I'm confused by the question. How does it pertain to the mod post?

Dex-chan lover
nice for one that this is here, but it makes you wish the previous chapters in between are here too, yeah?

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus particularly it was an attempt to preempt those are going to scream sniper at . . .@SirSniper for doing this while JB are doing it which honestly doesn't matter cause JB isn't apart of MD anymore but still it is a thing everyone is going to have to go thru I was kinda hoping getting you to answer to the situation will shut anyone that starts scream about it before it happens

Staff
Super Moderator
@Tych
Staff does not judge a release based on whether or not it's a snipe or parallel release. People are entitled to their opinions so long as they follow our rules when they post on MD.

Dex-chan lover
All I personally ask is that people just enjoy the releases around here, without incessantly finding something or other to whine and complain about.

Talk about the chapter and how cool it was, I'm trying to avoid doing so myself as anything I say would be potentially spoilers as I've finished reading the novel ages ago, but yeah.

Aggregator gang
@IAmInept
@Belfegrad

A correct translation would be to simply state "Demons" or "Demon kin", "Demonkind" doesn't exist since demons are not a species or a race of any kind, but rather the antithesis of "good", the incarnation of "evil". On a similar and related note (seeing as most isekai do this), "Humankind" is not exactly correct, since we already have the right word: "mankind". There's also the other similar word, "Humanity", for those who want to try and be more "neutral" (hint: it still includes man in the word itself). And whoever thinks "man" within those words refers to "man" as in the male part of the species, you're plain wrong, even if both words stem from the same origin.

As far as the Korean translation goes though, since Korean is a type of language that can combine terms without modifying the meaning of the original word, and English doesn't (even if it's far more versatile than most other western languages), the correct translation for that sentence would have been "Besides the horse Esil rode, this is my first time seeing [an enemy/foe]/them ride something other than a demon/demonic/diabolic steed".

I'm also very confused as to why most authors seem to want to call the monsters or whatever they're fight against "enemy", or maybe it's the translators? I doubt it though. Can't they just say "monsters" or "insertspeciesname"? It looks really stupid honestly, no one speaks this way even during a war, and I say this knowing this is comfort literature.

Users who are viewing this thread