Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 131

Dex-chan lover
@FierceFire13 yeah.
he asked about the S gate on Japan as soon as they leave the double lair, still inside the dungeon, and doesnt faints at all. He also uses his soldiers to carry everyone out. The timing was off on the manhwa, as the gate broke while they were inside the dungeon. The scene with Yuri as well, nothing like the novel, tho the outcome is the same.

This chapter was shit compared to the novel IMO, I recommend everyone to go read it as well.

what chapter in the novel would i need to read that covers this portion of the story beginning from where the double dungeon took place?

@ShionSinX Personnally, I'm happy that jin-woo passed out and was saved by the rest. I know it's called solo leveling, but the focus is too much on the main character. At least the other hunter weren't put in the category: We should have let the main character do his business, we're just dead weight.

@akomni ... apparently alot of alteration from the novel for the manga tho ... ive read the manga ever since its still only chapter 1 .. but throughout the story .... the novel and the manga quite differs in term of telling the story ... but same plot line just on how the story is being told

@ShionSinX Personally, as much as I'm also disappointed in not seeing the scene where
jinwoo destroy the statues and carried all the casualties with his shadows
, I'm kind of glad that they changed the scene a little and make Jinwoo fainted there. That scene reminds us that as powerful as he is, Jinwoo currently is still a human that has imperfection. The imperfection here is that he's too hyped up by the system's message about the Gate of Carthenon Temple, which make him kind of ignoring his health, thus makes his fatigue accumulated.

@Singul4r Yep Agreed. I like how that scene reminds us he's still human. Nearing the end of the novel
as much as it's awesome it's also kinda tiresome seeing that not even Thomas Andrew, the supposedly strongest hunter before Jinwoo reawakened can actually give much of a fight against the Monarchs

Fed-Kun's army
Such an amazing chapter. It covered white a bit of the novel. I didn't expect to see what happened to the S rank guy in Japan in this chapter but I'm glad things are moving along.
I hope out MC decides to go in the next chapter

He got fucced that easily? I expected him to at least be able to block the normal monsters and then the boss breaks it but the barrier got destroyed that easily? U sure he isn't a fraud?

Dex-chan lover
@Thifaa hes not just a regular human, hes a hunter, and a high rank at that. Going on for days straight is normal for a S rank, and hes way beyond that already. Remember, the stats affect directly his body, they arent just used on 'damage formulas' like in a game.

@Eitu its quite different tbh, the pacing, timing and scenes only had the same outcome but were nothing like that on the novel.

@Singul4r thats what happened tho? They were useless, some died and the rest almost followed suit. Had they not get involved nobody would have died and Jin Woo would still leave just fine.

@HalAnime WDYM, did you miss the +100k mana he got from the heart on the previous chapter? His mana was on the 9k range before, its 109k now. Also he only uses mana to heal them, just summoning doesnt uses any.

lightnovel vs manga?
Is it just me or is a lot of parts skipped from the lightnovel? or maybe im just confusing the parts up?

Dex-chan lover
@GoodGuyMarko He blocked way more than a normal monster.
The "normal monster" was already equivalent to an A-Rank boss.
The thing that destroyed the barrier was not a "normal monster".
It was the second being that came out of the gate, which was a Giant when compared to the A-Rank giant. So a giant among giants.
It cut not only the barriers, but even whole buildings with a single swing.

If that is a "normal" monster of that gate, just imagine what the actual boss is gonna be like.

I tried to stockpile for a couple of weeks but I always come back like it’s crack lmfao

But anyways, it’s so much nicer to see the novel scene visualized than read

the failure of the seal seems kind of rushed compared to the LN

It should have set the tragedy more slowly, showing more of the hope and satisfaction before shattering it ..

Users who are viewing this thread