Solo Leveling

@redsox02
I assume you mean the Kings (Sovereigns or Rulers, there were different translations during the time I read the novel) when you're talking about the monolithic group. They are few in numbers and that's probably why not everyone is as strong as the Hunter Association President or the so called National Level Hunters. The sovereigns' common goal is to stop the Monarchs. These Sovereigns are almost as powerful as the Monarchs but there are some 'ending levels of spoilers' as to why we don't see them physically like we've seen the Monarchs.

'Be careful with your own power'
Didn't that lady just sayd he is the power itself ? Or darkness

@Deanpvp she didn’t say he is his power, she just said that his power isn’t borrowed from “the other side”, this means that she doesn’t know where his power comes from. We know he gets his power from the “system” but we don’t know whether it is borrowed power or if he would retain his powers even if he lost the system. All they know is that he doesn’t have a limit to his power and that his power comes from a different source to where hunters get their power.

Double-page supporter
Bored College does a much better translation job than Hero, tried reading Hero for this recent chapter, but while the general ideas are there it's the nuances and small details that are killing them. The translations do not flow well, so it takes a couple re-reads to understand what the characters are actually saying. Dropped it, went to College, who I normally pick, to re-read, and could tell there was an immediately increase in quality as I didn't have to interpret what the characters were saying, it just made sense reading through it once.

@RexTex123 regarding the rune stone
I believe the rune stone held the skill Dragon's Roar or Dragon's Fear (I've read it both ways). I think the skill stops everyone in their tracks or paralyzes them. Jinwoo doesn't even get the skill until the very end.

@HiroTheHero I think it may be due to 3 different people translating this (or at least uploading it) so people may be reading subpar versions and giving it lower score due to it. (I personally have been following Bored College's uploads). Or because it's not focusing on his leveling and instead looking to be focusing on his relationships (which is a silly reason to lower the score, since it's adding new character development) atm

@dattasai

Please don't read if you don't want major spoilers

Ashborn is a Monarch, to be specific, the Monarch of death.
Monarchs cannot manifest into the human world without a vessel, that is why the leveling system jinwoo uses exists. The Architect (creepy smiling statue in the beginning of the story) devised the system to gradually train/change the MC body for Ashbor to use as a vessel.
Using Jinwoo as a vessel would also mean that Jinwoo consciousness would vanish.

No, the father is not a Monarch. He was left inside a dungeon that was closing and if I remember correctly he died there.
He was then resurrected for a limited time by another party, which I won't mention otherwise I would spoil the ending.

If my memory is good, since I read the novel at least 1 year ago... He was sent to earth to kill the monarch of death, not knowing is his son.
He will not kill him btw, but I don't want to spoil anymore than this, is one of my favourite scenes of the story.

Just to be clear, if we have to stay faithful to the official novel translation...
-Kings: refers to extremely powerful hunters
-Nation Level Hunters: in the novel are hunters that cleared a S dungeon (like Jeju), in the manga for now, they seem to be the ones that cleared the dungeon of Kamish
-Monarch: a God-Like being who comes from another dimension to conquer earth. Every Monarch controls a type of monster. Also, a monarch can create a gate.
-Rulers: ending spoiler material, I won't spoil that.

@redsox02
I won't, I like it too much to spoil it. XD
But I had to clarify because a lot of translations already used the term Monarch instead of kings.

Does anyone know if the missing chapters are going to be filled? I’m trying to start this series since it was recommended by my friends but I started reading and noticed it straight up skipped 60-70 chapters.

@Leevee i wasnt rly talking about you but in general since someone might just drop us the bomb and it might ruin it for others.

But yeah thanks for the response clarifying some story point. I have more question but it feels like its way too related to the ending.

Users who are viewing this thread