Solving Queen Ophelia's Mysterious Death - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Wait, what? Is this ending?

i thought that the manga would be longer.

Supporter
Wait, what? Is this ending?

i thought that the manga would be longer.
Nah, it was a short novel, although it has a continuation (solve the mystery of the king's brother's death).

The author kinda has cojones. Ophelia, Randolph, John and Matthew were literally the first characters introduced by name together with their motives to get rid of her.
I'm glad it wasn't some nobody mentioned in passing but all her murderers were out in the open right from the start, although I certainly didn't expect three people to target her at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
So the person who claimed that it was Dio was just f_cking with us?!?

Dex-chan lover
"After she fell out of the window, I came along and kicked her in the face for good measure."

"I didn't think she was dead enough after that, so I came to set her on fire."

"Well, that ruined my plan, cause I was going to go grab her and toss her into the sea. Couldn't do it, she was on fire."

Dex-chan lover
So first she arrested Oliver, then having interrogated him, she entrap the rest of the killers. I hope the next chapter will tell us how she could force Oliver to spill the bean and how nobody realized that the window's lock was broken (p. 13) though in chapter 3 p. 23, Matthew was said to have purloined a spare key.

Supporter
although I certainly didn't expect three people to target her at the same time.
I'm in the same camp as you, and since I was looking for other clues last chapter, this one eluded me in chapter 2, page 12:
image.png
Vague enough that you think the Fairy King is simply talking about one individual, not three. Number two is a bit more involved because Butler's daughter is John's fiancee, so that's how the "family" relationship is established.

In 6.2, pg 17 Zachary makes his declaration that he'll find the culprit, and in the following two parts lays it entirely out for all three, with this little bit of (unintentional) reveal about the plot:
image.png
Zachary is still indeed a mother fucker, but he fulfilled his promise.

I hope the next chapter will tell us how she could force Oliver to spill the bean
From chapters 3 & 4 that was the purpose of the portrait she had made. To be evidence against the killer.

and how nobody realized that the window's lock was broken (p. 13) though in chapter 3 p. 23, Matthew was said to have purloined a spare key.
5.2 Logan confirms that the door was locked before she went to bed, and that the last two people in her room were Oliver and then Anne. The four stationed guards report that "no one else entered," but (and this is what I feel is a little nebulous, but is what allows the scenario to work) not explicitly reporting that they both indeed left.

And that particular page says that one key is in the possession of Willis Howell, the Grand Chamberlain, with the other being "in a drawer in one of the other rooms," and Ophelia only postulates that an accomplice inside could have opened it, not that any particular suspect had a key.

Supporter
Two other parts of chapter 2 when she was talking with the Fairy King:
image.png
and then right when she was putting the crown away and he wants to stop her:
image.png
So it still feels like regardless of all the pieces that have been given, at least one remains specifically unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread