Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Ch. 182 - I Met Kaoru

Dex-chan lover
A future that will never come to be.
Remember kiddos, while you can take some things you say back. Sometimes you can't. And it'll end like this, a future you'll never see and can only imagine.
Indeed, don't be like me who bottled everything up by myself and in turn buried things deep in the heart. It will haunt you and it will mess your head so much you wish you just forgotten everything altogether.

Be free, throw the common sense away as long as what you think and do is beneficial to yourself and doesn't hinder anyone else! Just don't be afraid, don't be like me.

Look if the boy that make my daughter fucking become a social outcast who retreated into her room and developed anxiety around men for YEARS, I would never allowed him to come near her. We are the readers so we knew what he was thinking, her parent didn’t and it’s perfectly acceptable to not allowing him to come close to your daughter again. Sure he could be seeking to apologize, but what if he didn’t? Again, her parent can’t read his thoughts, they are right to be suspicious and to not wanting this boy who bullied their daughter in their own house to involve with their family again
When he went back to apologize, I don’t think it would have been a few years. It probably would been a few weeks or so based on his back story.

Also, if I was a parent, I probably would want to know what specifically happened so I would ask about it before kicking them out. Then figure out if I want them to meet my kid after that. Then again, the way they reacted is understandable.

Dex-chan lover
Look if the boy that make my daughter fucking become a social outcast who retreated into her room and developed anxiety around men for YEARS, I would never allowed him to come near her. We are the readers so we knew what he was thinking, her parent didn’t and it’s perfectly acceptable to not allowing him to come close to your daughter again. Sure he could be seeking to apologize, but what if he didn’t? Again, her parent can’t read his thoughts, they are right to be suspicious and to not wanting this boy who bullied their daughter in their own house to involve with their family again
at that time it wasn't already "for years" it was something that just happened and they were middle schoolers, you know when kids get into a fight and parents force them to make fake ass apologies? something like that but this time HE asked to do it himself, that's fucking rare from kids and i think with dad in the room the risk of him saying something bad would drop to nearly zero

Double-page supporter
Yup, fucking knew it. That’s harsh being the guy. At some point I hated him but damn, he’s such a miserable young man now.

Dex-chan lover
She really went and said that... Is Nanami now a villain that just lost?
she literally said 😭
spiderman.jpg

EDIT: I like how there's 3 comments in this thread with this image

YOU AND I ARE NOT SO DIFFERENT.....

Dex-chan lover
Sure he could be seeking to apologize, but what if he didn’t?
You mean a small boy alone with a huge ass dad right there protecting his daughter? What could he have done? If he'd done anything against Nanami, he'd get thrown out head first, probably worse. Compare that to the other option, which is clearing up the situation and making it better to the point where she wouldn't develop anxiety around men for YEARS.

Again, her parent can’t read his thoughts,
And that's why you communicate, not block any forms of communication just for the sake of your own assumptions. Parents are in the wrong there. They failed to ascertain the reasons behind his actions, and therefore enforced Nanami's adverse reaction. They didn't handle the situation any better than the guy did.

Dex-chan lover
retreated into her room and developed anxiety around men for YEARS
He had tried to apologize pretty much immediately, there were no YEARS of trauma and anxiety at that point, and had he been allowed to apologize and explain the situation back then, the whole anxiety thing might have been avoided for the most part or even altogether

Dex-chan lover
what does that mean?
"Word of God" is a phrase (and trope) where the creator of something (in this case the author) drops some facts that may not be readily apparent, if at all, in their work. Like with the religion, all you have is their word and you either take it or leave it.

Dex-chan lover
"You know, Spiderman. We are not so different, you and I".

Dex-chan lover
"Word of God" is a phrase (and trope) where the creator of something (in this case the author) drops some facts that may not be readily apparent, if at all, in their work. Like with the religion, all you have is their word and you either take it or leave it.
i see, well if the creator himself says something that's facts

Dex-chan lover
There's been no indication that Kaoru is anything other than a cis boy. A cis boy who doesn't mind looking cute in a dress, but still a cis boy.
Look, she's obviously doubting if she's male or transfem. Since she lives in a patriarchal society, her true self will be repressed by society.

Group Leader
"We're not so different, you an I, Spider-Man."

I'm glad they didn't make up but instead acknowledged his reasoning was no excuse for how he acted.
Also glad they realized he had his "Kaoru" but didn't have the courage to change, otherwise that would have diminished Nanami's growth.

It doesn't matter who shows up in your life, in the end it's still up to you to change for the better.

Dex-chan lover
Look, she's obviously doubting if she's male or transfem. Since she lives in a patriarchal society, her true self will be repressed by society.
Listen, I enjoy trans representation in media too, but just because Kaoru enjoys crossdressing does not mean you should start assuming that they are trans. That is just reinforcing gender conformity, and honestly, is misgendering. If your friend started crossdressing you wouldn't just start using she/they pronouns with them unprompted. That applies here too.

Aggregator gang
alternate universe where makabe had the courage and kaoru isnt in this manga

Users who are viewing this thread