Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Ch. 184 - Whenever, Wherever

Supporter
Completely overly idealistic result of outing yourself as a gamer. The realistic thing that would happen in that scenario would be getting ostracized by your own family and friends and then descending into an endless spiral of depression and insanity.
And then you wind up here.

So there's a bright side.

Double-page supporter
Does Japan really have people who don’t play video games? I don’t think there’s anyone younger than 50 in America who hasn’t.
There is playing games and there's being a gamer. There's a difference.

Fed-Kun's army
This whole arc was weird for me because it seems so unrealistic and fantastical. I was taught that anything you enjoy is sinful escapism; You should be working harder. Entertainment in general is a waste of time, and liking things only makes you weak and vulnerable because the things you like can be exploited to manipulate you. No adult should be wasting time on video games, or books, or hobbies; They should have a family and a business to support. Of course the sinful diversion would preach that sinful diversions are okay - The author wants to justify the existence of their product. The reality is that everything we like is evil and a means of exploitation, and once anyone else knows you like something you will be relentlessly mocked and abused until you hate it, and you will deserve to be mocked and abused because you sinned.

Dex-chan lover
Completely overly idealistic result of outing yourself as a gamer. The realistic thing that would happen in that scenario would be getting ostracized by your own family and friends and then descending into an endless spiral of depression and insanity.
im concerned for those who reacted :aquadrink:
This whole arc was weird for me because it seems so unrealistic and fantastical. I was taught that anything you enjoy is sinful escapism; You should be working harder. Entertainment in general is a waste of time, and liking things only makes you weak and vulnerable because the things you like can be exploited to manipulate you. No adult should be wasting time on video games, or books, or hobbies; They should have a family and a business to support. Of course the sinful diversion would preach that sinful diversions are okay - The author wants to justify the existence of their product. The reality is that everything we like is evil and a means of exploitation, and once anyone else knows you like something you will be relentlessly mocked and abused until you hate it, and you will deserve to be mocked and abused because you sinned.
bro :worry:
that's literally "no fun allowed", but applied to your entire life. where the hell did you grow up? and what are the suicide rates there, since that way of life sounds like a surefire way to get burnout and depression.

Dex-chan lover
Did you grow up in Soviet Russia or something?

Dex-chan lover
Is that you, Maximilian Karl Emil Weber?

Dex-chan lover
damn bro your life is horrible

Dex-chan lover
The one fundamental truth about life is you will die and nothing you have done will have mattered. You can choose to do things you enjoy or not. It is literally your life and the only one you'll get.

Fed-Kun's army
im concerned for those who reacted :aquadrink:

bro :worry:
that's literally "no fun allowed", but applied to your entire life. where the hell did you grow up? and what are the suicide rates there, since that way of life sounds like a surefire way to get burnout and depression.

Midwestern USA. Literally worked myself to death at 34, ICU brought me back. Now I'm depressed and my health is destroyed. Protestant Work Ethic for the win.

Fed-Kun's army
It's so unnatural for her to speak so motivationally. Tfw I dont actually want character development

Users who are viewing this thread