Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - I Go To The Arcade With My Gamer Friend (3)

Fed-Kun's army
@Glomoro Nowadays that holds true, but back before ai predictions on where you will be, your char would either jump around or walk in place in most games and be VERY noticable that you are lagging. Heck, when the walking in place one happend it was basicaly a free kill if the game didnt check for the lag players response(if it did that would either end up in the lag player actualy having an advantage, heck, there was a game where untill it was fixed 2 YEARS after people started complaining, you could effectively "lag-switch" and go around the map shooting everyone, recconnect, and the server would accept whatever position you were now in PLUS EVERY shot you made on your enemys.. the kill feed would be flooded instantly with everyones death...)

tldr; LAG was a VERY different beast back when...

Dex-chan lover
@Goretantath I remember stuff like that too, the weird movement stuff anyway. I didn't really play shooters online back in the day so I didn't pay enough attention to catch stories like lag exploits. You'd get a 3,000 ms latency spike for a minute or two and suddenly looked like some sort of walking glitch. People might have thought you were an exploiter and started reporting you. It just didn't seem terribly relevant here since it's probably modern for the time frame and also they were even in an arcade anyway so that ho was lying through her teeth probably anyway.

"Nest of normies"...wow how cringy... idk what i expected from this manga tho lol

@codi in case you didn't know, While I haven't read the raws yet but usually when a scanlator write "normies" it usually refer to "riajuu" which doesn't exactly means normies but it refer to popular people in society (like schools), people who have good social life. It's not that far different than labeling people normies but its not a directly translated to normies because japan has some different meme and internet culture. Now I could also be wrong and the author could directly meant normies as in western term.

That LAG definition LMAO there's different types of LAG but seeing as they are playing on a LAN she's using it as an excuse instead of a legit complaint since she already won 9 times despite that though she hates normies too she'd be one of those weeb friends that are fun to play with but not against. Reminds me a lot of my buddy who I play with that rages when teamates are fucking up or he dies to quote un quote bullshit still a cool dude though he's helped me a lot irl.

Dex-chan lover
Lag comment is supposed to be a joke about gamers that always blame lag if they lose. It's as if at this point just a wild cry gamers do for no reason.

Double-page supporter
"lag"
yeah, this manga was made by someone who has never played a game in their life before lol

LAG has a meaning, dumbass. The joke was that lag is related to a shitty connection preventing you from playing optimally, mostly/only called out when you're playing online games. Since they're on an arcade, there's no excuse for lag. That's it, that's the joke. Have you ever played games before? Jesus Christ, man.

I feel like the note about lag is either a sarcastic joke about how people use it as an excuse so often that it has become meaningless, OR the author really doesn't know what lag means which would be surprising lol

All these people getting mad at a proper usage of lag...

Lag simply means a delay between point A and B. Input lag, connection lag, graphical lag are all valid uses of the word lag

Users who are viewing this thread