Song of the Sky Pacers - Ch. 108

Dex-chan lover
Enjoy, shoutout again to @Bad_Vader for helping to clean the text, I would've been pretty stuck on this chapter otherwise.

Ten thousand gu: Gu has been used so far to describe a class/style of cultivation but the character can also be used to address the various venomous/poisonous beasts/insects associated with it.

Mang Mountain's LuoXian cave: I've translated it as 'LuoXian' since its a name but it can also mean fallen immortal.

Lin Lang's village scene: The villagers have quite a thick accent/dialect here. I'm pretty sure the two men talking aren't actually blood related as within such villages they're pretty close and just address each other as brother/sister.

Big city brother: Might be a rural village thing where they address someone by what they do.

If that Yi brat: She's talking about Yuchi Yi, the ice sword guy.

Dex-chan lover
In general, I'm not a fan of Wuxia stories and the like. Too many bad apples has tainted my impressions. If it wasn't for being this author, I'd likely not take a glance at this story.

There is one interesting redeeming factor in regards to the genre, that isn't often seen in others, it is the ability for any character to switch allegiances. Typically, it is only for a rival character, a side character falling to evil, or just an already maligned character joining an even more troublesome group. Wuxia stories seem to be less strict in this, in that what is important is relationships between individuals and their own greed (read in a good way; a desire to get what they want), not what would fit into an easy to understand or most shocking result.

Not sure what this guy being eaten by imaginary insects will do, but he certainly isn't happy with his situation or his bosses and knows the present circumstances aren't that bright. So, turn coat to be killed? Join Kun Lun? There are options, but it doesn't look like they consider their membership to be of higher importance than their life.

I guess we caught up to the raws? Thank you for translating ♥️ still missing my babies tho

Dex-chan lover
I've slowed down a bit now, but at current pace we'll catch up at chapter 111.

Users who are viewing this thread