Sonna Kazoku nara Sutechaeba? - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
Ogino cannot hide how horny he is for Kasumi. Holy shit he is gutter trash for real.

Thank you for the translation.

Man I really want to binge like 50 chapters of this. Rn its the manga I click the quickest when I see it on my updates list.
Same. I just wanna read all the chapters right now. This has managed to secure my undivided attention in a way no manga I'm currently reading has.

Dex-chan lover
You're really not paying attention to the other woman, then, because she's at least as bad.

Also, I'm not entirely clear why she assumes the stuff in the box is the mom's, and not the dad's- or why the dad wasn't the one to fix the photo.
I don't think she's anywhere near as bad as Kazumi. She seems to be pretty normal, down to finding a lot of meaning in someone's posts on the internet. The only thing we've seen that's been questionable is that she just straight wants Reitaro even though he's married, although she is sure he's in an abusive relationship(cause he is) that caused him to almost commit suicide. So it's pretty dang reasonable for her to have those feelings. When the two talked all his wife could talk about was how terrible Reitaro is, while Sayako loves the dude, so her "give him to me?" Honestly pretty justified.

I'm sure there's going to be a twist, one's been telegraphed, but there's sure to be plenty of twists. But right now we've got a dangerously emotionally unstable character who's self-victimization causes her to abuse the people around her, and a single mom who wants a dude in an abusive marriage. I think they're not quiiite the same.

I don't think she's anywhere near as bad as Kazumi. She seems to be pretty normal, down to finding a lot of meaning in someone's posts on the internet. The only thing we've seen that's been questionable is that she just straight wants Reitaro even though he's married, although she is sure he's in an abusive relationship(cause he is) that caused him to almost commit suicide. So it's pretty dang reasonable for her to have those feelings. When the two talked all his wife could talk about was how terrible Reitaro is, while Sayako loves the dude, so her "give him to me?" Honestly pretty justified.

I'm sure there's going to be a twist, one's been telegraphed, but there's sure to be plenty of twists. But right now we've got a dangerously emotionally unstable character who's self-victimization causes her to abuse the people around her, and a single mom who wants a dude in an abusive marriage. I think they're not quiiite the same.
She's a single mother e-thot whose go-to response to stress is to flee, often physically, and abandon everything. Case in point, they move so frequently, that Hikaru is sick of it himself (I can personally relate to that feeling). Her own son has picked up on how shallow her relationships with everyone are to such an extent he's scared to death she'll abandon him the instant she gets tired of being a parent. She seems better because she hasn't been in a position to do worse; Kind of like saying Cosby seems like a nice guy when you've yet to eat any of his pudding. Not to mention the whole "I'm after a married man, so I'm going to lie to him and withhold critical information" thing.

But even if she doesn't do anything, everything else I've said is already enough to leave her in the trash, where she belongs.

Dex-chan lover
She's a single mother e-thot whose go-to response to stress is to flee, often physically, and abandon everything. Case in point, they move so frequently, that Hikaru is sick of it himself (I can personally relate to that feeling). Her own son has picked up on how shallow her relationships with everyone are to such an extent he's scared to death she'll abandon him the instant she gets tired of being a parent. She seems better because she hasn't been in a position to do worse; Kind of like saying Cosby seems like a nice guy when you've yet to eat any of his pudding. Not to mention the whole "I'm after a married man, so I'm going to lie to him and withhold critical information" thing.

But even if she doesn't do anything, everything else I've said is already enough to leave her in the trash, where she belongs.

Ah. Sometimes comments are very revealing about people and their... well, last time I said something like this I got banned for a while.

Let's just say I think you're showing an awful lot of baggage here that makes it pretty clear that discussion with you will not be productive.

Ah. Sometimes comments are very revealing about people and their... well, last time I said something like this I got banned for a while.

Let's just say I think you're showing an awful lot of baggage here that makes it pretty clear that discussion with you will not be productive.
You seem blind to the obvious issues the author has been presenting, so you'll probably be confused if they ever actually take center stage in this story. Case in point: You think there might be a "twist" when the literal title is the author quoting her and her defining line: the one that perfectly sums up everything wrong with her in one rhetorical question.

This might count as a twist, if the story hadn't been going well out of its way to tell us what a walking red flag she is too- since the the point of the twist is to introduce a new piece of information that re-contextualizes past events, like the whole "I see dead people" thing. If the author hadn't let us know quite so clearly what a toxic person she is, we could easily have taken the advice as a blunt, but pragmatic, suggestion on her part for MC to distance himself from a dangerous situation. But no, it's her go-to: Running is all she does.

Dex-chan lover
You're really not paying attention to the other woman, then, because she's at least as bad.

Also, I'm not entirely clear why she assumes the stuff in the box is the mom's, and not the dad's- or why the dad wasn't the one to fix the photo.
How is she as bad as that batshit woman?? You're just chatting at this point

Dex-chan lover
You seem blind to the obvious issues the author has been presenting, so you'll probably be confused if they ever actually take center stage in this story. Case in point: You think there might be a "twist" when the literal title is the author quoting her and her defining line: the one that perfectly sums up everything wrong with her in one rhetorical question.

This might count as a twist, if the story hadn't been going well out of its way to tell us what a walking red flag she is too- since the the point of the twist is to introduce a new piece of information that re-contextualizes past events, like the whole "I see dead people" thing. If the author hadn't let us know quite so clearly what a toxic person she is, we could easily have taken the advice as a blunt, but pragmatic, suggestion on her part for MC to distance himself from a dangerous situation. But no, it's her go-to: Running is all she does.
What chapter was this shown in? If you can't tell me then you're making the entire thing up

Dex-chan lover

My dude, that line is basically an audience insert. Dude lives in a house where he can't cross a tape line, can't speak to his kid, lives in a tiny room without a bed, and gets shit thrown at him by a wife who blames him for making her do this to him. "Dude just get OUT dude" is what everyone is thinking.

The reason I'm sure there's a twist is because this manga is suffused with a feeling of dread and dysfunction, and the hot single actress mom who fell in love with the male lead through his riddles, has a past of fleeing from danger, and who is empathetic, sympathetic, kind, and willing to help him is just too good to be true in this thing. There has to be more here. You don't make a manga with 8 volumes with an answer this clear sitting out in the open. FFS his kid and hers are good friends and she likes and gets along with his kid too! It's too obviously the right choice

How is she as bad as that batshit woman??
She has precisely 0 commitment to anything. It's her entire character. Say wat you want about psycho bitch, but so far, she at least knows how to stay in a relationship. And she doesn't manipulate her husband to get her way.
You're just chatting at this point
That's not how you use that word. And the meaning of the sentence is unclear.
What chapter was this shown in?
Was what shown in? I said a lot of things there, and you didn't quote any specific one.
If you can't tell me then you're making the entire thing up
Even if I can't remember the exact chapter for this as-of-yet unspecified thing, how does that turn into me making things up?
My dude, that line is basically an audience insert.
It can function as that, but it's been said by the woman. And it's in line with her entire character. This isn't some big-lipped alligator moment.
The reason I'm sure there's a twist is because this manga is suffused with a feeling of dread and dysfunction
"Twist" for her, not the manga, to be clear.
actress mom
That is a telling line. I suspect you're just being an Ogino for her right now. She is not an "actress". She posts pictures of herself online: She is an e-thot.
has a past of fleeing from danger, and who is empathetic, sympathetic, kind, and willing to help him is just too good to be true in this thing.
You really haven't been reading this story. Jesus. The catch has already been laid out, pretty much from the start. The only thing we're missing is her last "stalkers" also just being other men she's used and dumped.

Dex-chan lover
She has precisely 0 commitment to anything. It's her entire character. Say wat you want about psycho bitch, but so far, she at least knows how to stay in a relationship. And she doesn't manipulate her husband to get her way.

That's not how you use that word. And the meaning of the sentence is unclear.

Was what shown in? I said a lot of things there, and you didn't quote any specific one.

Even if I can't remember the exact chapter for this as-of-yet unspecified thing, how does that turn into me making things up?

It can function as that, but it's been said by the woman. And it's in line with her entire character. This isn't some big-lipped alligator moment.

"Twist" for her, not the manga, to be clear.

That is a telling line. I suspect you're just being an Ogino for her right now. She is not an "actress". She posts pictures of herself online: She is an e-thot.

You really haven't been reading this story. Jesus. The catch has already been laid out, pretty much from the start. The only thing we're missing is her last "stalkers" also just being other men she's used and dumped.
Ok, sure

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to seriously think Ichika and her father might have some sort of mental illness. It's more pronounced on the father, but I can see a certain inability of both to understand others emotionally to a degree depression cannot fully explain. The father's low esteem also helps, but that could be explained by the abuse all these years.
I don't know, but I think there's something wrong with both of them for how incapable they are tu understand emotions. And the rest of the cast is not exactly helping.
What do you guys think? :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
She truly is dumb enough to hurt her own feelings, from not understanding a puzzle
9d4.png

Thanks everyone at Senko-san's Abode for the translation

Dex-chan lover
You really haven't been reading this story. Jesus.
This is the second time within the span of 3 days someone has accused me of not reading a story because I literally just posted things that happened in it. Your interpretation of events is not the same as the events that have occurred, nor is your interpretation of characterization the only possible or defendable one. I knew this would happen, I knew you were this kinda guy, but I did this anyway cause I'm stupid and the possibility of discussion is too tempting of a thing.

So let's go over text. Just text. Just things that have occurred, stuff people have said and done. This is the baseline of characterization. And everything I said about Sayako is totally and completely the text we are shown

Let's start with the most important and most telling thing you interrupted yourself to say, that I was being ridiculous for calling her an actress. The idea that she is/was an actress is talked about multiple times, all in vol. one so it's understandable you've forgotten them.
Ch1 P15: Retarou: "It feels like... I have seen her[Sayako] before..."
Ch1 P17: Retarou: "Ichika, can you tell me the name of the actress mom said she really likes?"
Ch1 P18: Retarou: "I met an actress that looks like her and have been wondering what her name was"
Ch6 p3: Retarou: "She both looks and sounds like an actress I've seen before..."
Ch6 p4: Retarou: "She was just an actress[sic]... crying like that could merely be an act put up by her..."

What does it mean? Who knows. She could've been chased out, she could've caused a scandal, the scandal could've been why she has a kid, she could be insane and decided to remake herself into the image of a popular actress, Retarou could just be ffffuckin' wrong! But my characterization of her as an actress wasn't me makin' shit up or coming to a wild conclusion based on inference, it's the only concrete thing said about what she does. I mean at this point there's more textual support for her being an actress than the dreaded and despised... ETHOT

Let's go on to your utter dismissal of the idea that she's been characterized as helpful, kind and empathetic. So much so that you're convinced I'm just not reading the story. Let's just do Volume 1.
Ch1: Saves Retarou from falling onto the tracks, stays with him, listens to him, says his situation makes him a victim. Puts together that he's the one posting riddles online. Runs to save him from committing suicide.
Ch2: Lets him into her house, tells him that "all rain will end eventually," and passionately argues that he shouldn't kill himself. Buys him food. Offers to be a place of warmth and comfort.
Ch4: Runs after her son when he leaves late at night, stops him from punching someone and apologizes for the both of them, without knowing it was Retarou. Gets mad that he was eavesdropping, tells him that you shouldn't rush to judgement and listen to people's circumstances before deciding things about them.
Ch5: Listens to Retarou, is in so much emotional turmoil after it that she cries for him and says that he must be hurt the most.
Ch6: Retarou: "Was she crying in my stead?" "In my entire life, I have never seen anyone shed that much tear before.[sic] Only in my consciousness I realized I should be crying instead." Follows Ichika at the request of Retarou. Sits in a library all day watching her. Reports back as she said she would, says that Ichika is worried about a divorce.
Ch7: Notices a kid is upset, listens to his story, tells him that its cruel to force the decision on a child like that. Takes the cat that he was being forced to abandon.

Now is there other interpretations of these actions? Sure. It's super convenient that she's always wherever the plot needs to be. She's up front early on about how she wants Retarou to leave his family, although let's be honest, its not a good situation there. Just as notable as her inclusion of Ichika's worry over divorce is that she leaves out that she's solving his riddles, even after she tells herself how happy he'd be if he knew. She makes her intentions clear to the audience by saying that his wife should give her husband to him. All these are hints that something's up, just like how the confusing timeline of the whole bridge/termination conversation is a hint that we don't know everything.

But literally every time she shows up she's helping. She's bringing her kid something he forgot, she's showing up to save someone, she's going out of her way to do something somebody else needed her to do... just go through and look. I think the only time she shows up and isn't doing something nice is when she's jogging that one time. It's one of the things that makes this all suspicious, just like how Retarou being an attentive and considerate martyr makes him too perfect of a victim for this to be as steeped in dread as it is.

SO YES, I'M CLEARLY PAYING ATTENTION TO THE STORY and YOUR weird hang-ups are clearly interfering with your understanding of what's being shown about its characters. Cut it out

Group Leader
I'm starting to seriously think Ichika and her father might have some sort of mental illness. It's more pronounced on the father, but I can see a certain inability of both to understand others emotionally to a degree depression cannot fully explain. The father's low esteem also helps, but that could be explained by the abuse all these years.
I don't know, but I think there's something wrong with both of them for how incapable they are tu understand emotions. And the rest of the cast is not exactly helping.
What do you guys think? :thonk:
i stated some chapters ago that the father strikes me being in the autism spectrum, at least a high-functioning one. Ichika i'm not so sure but could be one.
The bad thing is that it was shown the mother comes from kinda abusive household.
So put a probable autistic and a gal with insecurities and behaviatorial misconceptions from her upbring and you get pretty close to this mayhem here :kek:

But my characterization of her as an actress wasn't me makin' shit up or coming to a wild conclusion based on inference, it's the only concrete thing said about what she does. I mean at this point there's more textual support for her being an actress than the dreaded and despised... ETHOT
The "textual support" for her being an e-thot is that the moment he looks into her profile, he sees public posts of hers exclusively featuring shots of her ass crack and tits all over the screen. Like, literally the first thing we conclusively find out about her is that thing specifically. We don't even see her kid before that. And considering she seems to have no other job at the time, you can only conclude she's living off some kind of savings, or making more money in a job that doesn't involve her leaving her home. And that account was not inactive, I'll tell you that.

But I'll grant that it literally suggests she might be an actress. My time fighting with morons over Cheeky Gyaru has hardened my heart too much, and I'm sorry.

Let's go on to your utter dismissal of the idea that she's been characterized as helpful, kind and empathetic. So much so that you're convinced I'm just not reading the story. Let's just do Volume 1.
I didn't say that. I said the story has let us know she's utterly toxic too. Since she's constantly tried to drive a wedge in Reitarou's family, not only by trying to push her avoidant strategy onto both of them, but also withholding information that would help him bridge any kind of gap. She already knows his daughter follows him, for example. Her not telling him was a deliberate move on her part. Not to mention that thing where she keeps lying about a stalker just to get the married man to fawn over her. Toxic people can be helpful for entirely bad, selfish reasons. Hell, Thanos helped an old lady cross the street one time!

Also, like I said: Her son is worried to death she's going to abandon him. The boy's not the brightest, but bless his heart, he's no retard either. Between being moved around, and being worried his avoidant mother, whose only advice is "Yeah, fuck everything!", this is no mere misunderstanding about her character. He even knows when she's being manipulative. Her "help" has an obvious double edge, and then the clear issue that she clearly doesn't commit to anything unpleasant.
SO YES, I'M CLEARLY PAYING ATTENTION TO THE STORY and YOUR weird hang-ups are clearly interfering with your understanding of what's being shown about its characters. Cut it out
Also, she's not "too good to be true" or whetever, because with just the background for her character, we've got a single mother in her 30's who posts, at best, risque photos online for at least 30,000 followers. Never mind literally anything else, everything I just said is a red flag and/or deal breaker.
You replied so much to me, I was not about to read all of that, hence my reply
Oye, chico, le estoy hablando a otro tambien. Para la proxima, lee.

Dex-chan lover
The "textual support" for her being an e-thot is that the moment he looks into her profile, he sees public posts of hers exclusively featuring shots of her ass crack and tits all over the screen. Like, literally the first thing we conclusively find out about her is that thing specifically. We don't even see her kid before that. And considering she seems to have no other job at the time, you can only conclude she's living off some kind of savings, or making more money in a job that doesn't involve her leaving her home. And that account was not inactive, I'll tell you that.

But I'll grant that it literally suggests she might be an actress. My time fighting with morons over Cheeky Gyaru has hardened my heart too much, and I'm sorry.

I didn't say that. I said the story has let us know she's utterly toxic too. Since she's constantly tried to drive a wedge in Reitarou's family, not only by trying to push her avoidant strategy onto both of them, but also withholding information that would help him bridge any kind of gap. She already knows his daughter follows him, for example. Her not telling him was a deliberate move on her part. Not to mention that thing where she keeps lying about a stalker just to get the married man to fawn over her. Toxic people can be helpful for entirely bad, selfish reasons. Hell, Thanos helped an old lady cross the street one time!

Also, like I said: Her son is worried to death she's going to abandon him. The boy's not the brightest, but bless his heart, he's no retard either. Between being moved around, and being worried his avoidant mother, whose only advice is "Yeah, fuck everything!", this is no mere misunderstanding about her character. He even knows when she's being manipulative. Her "help" has an obvious double edge, and then the clear issue that she clearly doesn't commit to anything unpleasant.

Also, she's not "too good to be true" or whetever, because with just the background for her character, we've got a single mother in her 30's who posts, at best, risque photos online for at least 30,000 followers. Never mind literally anything else, everything I just said is a red flag.

Oye, chico, le estoy hablando a otro tambien. Para la proxima, lee.
Y eso que importa a mi? Y cuál es la razón que me escribes en español??

No seriously what was the point of that? What if I didn't understand any Spanish? You would've just wasted your time switching languages

Users who are viewing this thread