Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
mumumuahaahahahaahahaaha
giphy.webp

Dex-chan lover
ok... let's see... we got Gojou feel undeserved to be around Marin... we got Marin feeling guilty because taking Gojou time... and now we got this Non girl still feeling guilty about what she did in the past...

can't really handle all the complex drama like this in 20-ish pages per month basis. I'll be back by christmas.

Dex-chan lover
Holy double kill, Gojo really open his domain and straight up murder these two.

Fed-Kun's army
Hoi, give me back my wholesome manga about a kind guy and a cosplayer girl slowly falling in love. I don't need any of these shit that's going on. 😤

Double-page supporter
If I got it right, the 2 girls are having this angsty moments while the male lead has been feeling better than the in the past just okay?

Fed-Kun's army
Will Gojo finally unclog this big lump of emotional baggage an emerge a more mature character? Sign me up for the ride

Yeah, I'm peacing out of this one for the foreseeable future. I really hope somehow the pacing un-fucks itself, but at this point I have almost no hope.

Reactions: Tlo
Supporter
Why? Author can have Marin be a completely different character with no writing to do it over and over, have her not react to see the guy she loves in his worst state yet, can ignore him for free without it ever being acknowledged and just time skip through it and now misunderstand on her own that he is sacrificing what was formerly most important to him to make her cosplay and act like a mentally unstable bipolar weirdo.
the last 3 instances of "drama" were her randomly turning into a 5 year old child with speech impediment.
I'm less down on this chapter than many of the people in this comment section - while I don't particularly love the drama, I can see how it can help surface and resolve some of Gojo's issues and, assuming the mangaka is on the ball, bring the two main characters closer together - your comment did bring another consideration to mind. Marin's reaction to what happened is deeply disheartening.

She's the love interest of the series, but any romance between her and Gojo is hampered by how cautious and cowardly she gets any time he's in emotional trouble. Even back at the first misunderstanding between them, when his grandfather was at the hospital, tests were coming up, and he had to man the store himself while making her first costume, nearly killing himself in the process - she just kept away, not trying to get closer to him to figure out why he wasn't responding to her any more. She never tried.

Of course someone can bring up excuses for her - she didn't know him that well, she had no reason to suspect he was that ride or die right off the bat, he should have just talked to her and said what was going on - but she's the extrovert in their relationship. The one who in every other interaction is more forward, outgoing, ambitious. She's a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, except when it comes to the actual part of that character that's beneficial to the (usually) morose, shy, self-absorbed protagonist.

And sure, she apologized. But apologies mean more in action than in words. Now, Gojo seems to be going through that same psychological difficulty, and instead of reaching out, instead of reassuring her friend and asking what she can do to help repay him for everything he's done for her, she retreats. Allows herself to wallow in self-pity.

I really hope that summary isn't accurate. I hope that next chapter, she finds her balls and actually fucking talks to the guy she thinks she wronged. But there are a lot of plates spinning in this manga right now and frankly the odds of the mangaka bringing them all to a halt without some awful melodrama is pretty low.

Edit: I think that's a good summary of the main problem with Marin as a romantic interest actually; she doesn't actually provide any sort of emotional support to a partner who desperately, obviously needs it. The only time she says supportive things is when he provides her with what she needs. Their entire relationship is heavily skewed towards her and her desires. And that's pretty typical of romance stories, to be honest, but it's not a great model for a realistic or healthy relationship.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
the biggest issue is she knows somethings wrong with him but doesnt say anything. which goes against her character from the earlier chapters in the series. The Author is doing this on purpose for some godawful reason.

I would've agreed with this earlier in the series, but I dunno if I do now.

We have come to see that Wakana is an extremely (or maybe the most) important person in her life. She cares for him very deeply. Sure, she could talk to him...but what if he does turn around and tell her the thing she is dreading and it is all true? To her, that would be the most devastating thing in the world. The person you love telling you that you are a burden on them. Before this, we saw her character as a person who had attachments to others, but not at this level.

If one of the most important people in your life told you that you were the biggest burden how would you feel?

Having said that, I do still believe they need to communicate so they can further clear all of this up and grow closer (because they will if they talk). She should rip the band-aid off and just talk because being in your own head won't help and just lead to them drifting apart for awhile.

• Dumb
Reactions: Tlo
Supporter
@mrclamp See, this is exactly what I was talking about. "She cares for him very deeply" - but she's not willing to risk being hurt in order to help him when he's in distress. She increasingly comes off as supremely self-centered, and if her response to this whole matter is retreating from him, it really paints their relationship as de facto parasitic even if she doesn't mean it or want it to be that way.

Dex-chan lover
@mrclamp See, this is exactly what I was talking about. "She cares for him very deeply" - but she's not willing to risk being hurt in order to help him when he's in distress. She increasingly comes off as supremely self-centered, and if her response to this whole matter is retreating from him, it really paints their relationship as de facto parasitic even if she doesn't mean it or want it to be that way.

I do agree with this, but as a teen who has never fell in love before I also see why she would not want to air out the things on her mind: fear that she will be rejected and lose the connection she built up with him...the greatest connection she has ever had to anyone before. I get that this is an immature way of doing things but again they are teenagers. If you were this good as a teenager who always talked things out with people, especially those you did not want to lose, then more power to you. For me, I kept to myself more often than not. Looking back on life I sure regret that I kept to myself, but at the time I was too afraid to lose something important to me by voicing my thoughts.

Having said that, her keeping quiet could end up having the opposite effect and she will lose him anyway, but to her it may be best to stay the course because things MAY stay the way they have been. It's a gamble in the end.

Us as the readers know, though, that if they talked things out it would lead to a resolution, but Marin does not realize that because her fear of being rejected by him may be too high.

Users who are viewing this thread