Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
I'll honestly say I don't even know where the story wanna go.

Wakana: confused at his momentary jealousy, but still going his days fine

Marin: confused at Wakana's glare and misunderstanding his words because of it

The blacky girl: regret maximum

I don't even think this gonna be love triangle. Just everyone having solo problem without connecting
At this point it's a Depression Triangle. (A Love Triangle may develop but isn't quite there yet.) Unlike Love Triangles this one has (or potentially has) bidirectional arrows between all three subjects.

• Gojo has been depressed his whole life (the isolation is a symptom of that unresolved depression) partly because of Non-chan's outburst (although I image the deaths of his parents had something to contribute to that ;) ).
  • Non has been depressed because she deeply regrets what she did to Gojo as a angry and disappointed child, which she never had a chance to rectify because they immediately moved away and once she was old enough to take action on her own it was too late (the longer something is unsaid the harder it is to say).
  • Non is further depressed since she believes that Kitagawa is Gojo's girlfriend and she still has feelings for him because he's been living rent free in her head for a decade.
  • Kitagawa is depressed because she now realizes that Gojo's efforts to please her have sidetracked his life-long ambition (not realizing that is partially offset due to the important life experiences with her that enriched his talents).
  • Kitagawa (I'm guessing) will probably also become more depressed because as she distances herself from Gojo she will see Non become closer.
  • Gojo is already depressed because he thinks Kitagawa is slipping away and will become even more depressed as she tries to distance herself from him "for his own good".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We have come to see that Wakana is an extremely (or maybe the most) important person in her life. She cares for him very deeply. Sure, she could talk to him...but what if he does turn around and tell her the thing she is dreading and it is all true? To her, that would be the most devastating thing in the world. The person you love telling you that you are a burden on them. Before this, we saw her character as a person who had attachments to others, but not at this level.

If one of the most important people in your life told you that you were the biggest burden how would you feel?
(Not really, but I couldn't resist the Groundhog Day joke.)

iu

Dex-chan lover
Gojo has been depressed his whole life (the isolation is a symptom of that unresolved depression) partly because of Non-chan's outburst (although I image the deaths of his parents had something to contribute to that ;) ).
I disagree. I mean, Non-chan probably made him more socially awkward, but real reason and reason for Non-chan outburst is Gojo obsession with Hina Dolls. After this chapter it's clearly not just "love", it's an obsession to substitute his loss. I'm actually surprised how of a functional teen Gojo was at chapter 1 after seeing how bad it all was. Maybe his Grandpa is a real champ turning Gojo obsession into something less self-destructive.

Dex-chan lover
Why?????
I want my fluffy and cute story back
Yeah, agreed, but as always, after you hit rock bottom, things can only go back up.
I don’t really like the AMAZING timing with which the original scum girl came back, but let’s see in by 2025 we manage to get some plot out of that🤷‍♂️!

Bruh The Author gonna use this drama arc on slice of life genre to lengthen the story it’s already good enough the way it’s it😭

Dex-chan lover
Solution to a potentially ten chapter arc:
"Hey Wakana, remember when I said that shit about dolls when we were like 6?"
"Yeah..."
"I was begin a real brat, and I'm sorry. I take back what I said and I think it's amazing what you do"
"Oh... thank you!"
END OF ARC

Well I said I'd check back in after several months and... honestly this seems like an improvement.

Oh no. This is going to drag out for quite a while.

What I can see happening
  • Marin backs off from Gojo out of guilt and decides to accept the professional cosplayer contract
  • Gojo in his self deprecating mode continues to make dolls
  • In the meantime Non tries to make up with Gojo but fails miserably (filler), dragging the drama (Hinagi syndrome)
  • Marin’s cosplayer contract goes really poorly because Gojo is not there to make the legendary costumes, hits the wall
  • Gojo eventually hits some kind of wall (something is missing from perfection) and at some point discovers the relevance of his cosplay costume work OR
  • Gojo grandfather passes away, and in his last words make Gojo realise that life isn’t all about making the heads of dolls
  • Marin and Gojo realises that they really need each other

Users who are viewing this thread