Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
That should be Pomeko. There's a lot of very poor writing in this sub-genre, hopefully Bisque isn't down this path already, but I brought up Glancing at Me because the plot was in the "So Bad It's Good" category. Four Color Goddesses has much better writing out of all these sub-genre, but unfortunately no adaptation.
I read glancing at me, and holy shiet, it's baad, not sure if it tries to be serious or not most of the time, as a kinda dark comedy it could work, as a teen drama not at all. (and Pomeko was good for a short minute, but it was a good idea too)... now I will have to read the series you mention I hope it's good hahaha.
@OliveOilOilOil so far is good, but comment on the chapters all hint author is gonna justify the goddesses past shenanigans like with Glancing at Me :/

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
When you are young like him and much more ambitious than he lets out... every single day and "failure" feels like the world is ending.

He is 16, the time he has dedicated to this craft is proportionally an enormous fraction of his life, so when he thinks he "failed" he feels it much stronger.

Wakana has too the trauma of losing his parents, coupled with what Non said, all of those cause him to not have a good view of himself.

It is normal to anyone in his situation even in real life, time, effort and care are the solution, but he still will need to deal with it one step at a time.

Such is life
Yeah fair take. When you're in a downward spiral your brain goes into negative confirmation bias and just sees every failure as a lot bigger and every success as insignificant. It kinda clicked into place for me a little. Thanks.

I read glancing at me, and holy shiet, it's baad, not sure if it tries to be serious or not most of the time, as a kinda dark comedy it could work, as a teen drama not at all. (and Pomeko was good for a short minute, but it was a good idea too)... now I will have to read the series you mention I hope it's good hahaha.
@OliveOilOilOil so far is good, but comment on the chapters all hint author is gonna justify the goddesses past shenanigans like with Glancing at Me :/
Yes, all of them have plenty of justification, though the ones for 4CG is towards the end and it's actually funny. Then there's also Miyu-chan where the author is seen by the audience to be justifying the villain (there's a huge argument over it) though I suspect the author is more of setting the audience up for something bigger.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
He hasn't been able to practice because he's stumped (mostly emotionally).

Making Marin's cosplay widens his horizons... like he literally finds new ways to make beautiful clothes suitable for dolls by being exposed to various other works fictional and not.

Maybe Non-chan will be the one to start untangling his mess of emotions by going into the past with him. That way he can take initiative to go to Marin who will probably be avoiding him for now. She'll take the recent offer thinking that will allow Gojo to practice even though he's in a rut and can't make progress when he's ruminating like that. Also the agency(?) that went to Marin will probably be not as good as Gojo and people will notice and they'll look for her artist.

Like the dude doesn't express much outside of making dolls. But when it comes to Marin and her cosplays he also goes all out.

Marin is forgetting/ignorinv that Gojo insists on challenging himself on the cosplays, instead of just making it a standard quality he goes beyond his previous works to make something better. It's all literally for his skill growth. (Also, he gets paid for it. Worthwhile practice with pay is quite nice.)

He's really just confused as hell right now.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh boy this will take so many chapters until everything is addressed.

I can already see where this is going.
Marin get's thrown into the background for now & Gojo now has to overcome his trauma so he has to make up with Non-Chan.
Non-chan herself feels regretful for the things she said but in the end they both will still make up probably with Gojo realizing something about Marin.

Marin will somehow see Gojo & Non-chan together having "fun" & a good atmosphere around them (because they made up) & ofc she will misunderstand the whole situation leading her to withdraw from Gojo for a while so now he has to go chase after her clearing everything up.

Yeah with the shit update schedule we will see the end of this terrible drama arc earliest around spring 2025

Aggregator gang
Marin: I never gonna get him am I...

"Cheer up girl, tell you what I just saw many alternate version of both of you and let me just it was steamy"

Marin: Really! So base on the multiverse you just how long does it take for the other me's knock Gojo on the bed!?

"Oh shoot uh you know the first time you guys take the measurements for you first costume"

Marin: Oh so the other got him that fast like one or two me's?

"Like almost all of them..."

Marin: Oh man...

Aggregator gang
Great! There is certainly nothing better than drama that can easily be solved with basic comunication to drag the story in a monthly series that has the same pages as a weekly series.
If you think all problems can be solved by "just talking" you're extremely naive and don't understand human behavior.

Aggregator gang
Do you have a link to the stats on this? What about the ratings in the magazine it's published in? I find it hard to believe even the Japanese audience would appreciate this horrifically slow pace where 2 days have passed in 2 years worth of chapters regardless of how fucked the author has decided to make the plot itself.
I find statements like this so funny and narcissistic. "How could the Japanese audience have different opinions and tastes than US!?". You're not the center of the universe, genius.

Anyways, the total amount of copies in circulation in May was 11 million.

https://x.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1793706094105358765

Including the special edition, Volume 13 sold more than 200k copies in 10 days and was number 1 (128k in 3 days, which is around volume 10 sales, the best performing volume in that same time frame).

https://x.com/Josu_ke/status/1799109417734132002

Regarding talk on twitter, I don't have direct links, but the Volume did trend on twitter, and the talk seemed to be overwhelmingly positive, with fans talking about "reading the volume over and ovee again". So yeah, the reception of the manga has never changed in Japan, in fact it continues to grow positively. Anyone saying it fell off is delusional and pure cope.

Dex-chan lover
you really should GTFO then and drop the story again, but this time don’t ever come back!!! if your gonna pretend you will understand the bloody damn plot if you skip dozen of chapters and expect to bloody understand something LMAO
Thank you my brother for agreeing with me on people like this.

• Dumb
Reactions: Tlo
Supporter
Author-sama, we already have unresolved Marin drama, why would you add this non important girl from past to the cast?
What are you talking about? She's a core memory for Wakana. He was deep in the pits of despair with grief for the loss of his cherished parents. The little girl loved him and was doing the best she could to bring joy to him, when she had no idea what trauma he was wrestling with. Little did she know that losing her patience and lashing out at Wakana, when he was still deep in despair would cut him in such a way that he would eschew social interaction with most beyond his family and the bare minimum during his school life. The poor boy had finally finding something to aspire to through his grandfather, and was possibly crawling from beneath the crushing sorrow that made him retreat into his kakefuton like a shellfish.

I only hope Marin grows some backbone to communicate with Gojo, so she stops assuming that she is impairing his creative path. She has NO IDEA that by helping her with her cosplay dreams, he has been gaining he real life experience his grandfather was recommending to make his kashirashi work more believable and refined.

• Dumb
Reactions: Tlo
Dex-chan lover
We're not going to see any progress at all. This series is going to go down the depression and misunderstanding route forever until it gets axed. Have you not been paying attention to the last year and a half of chapters? 0 romance, 0 comedy. The series has changed genre and the author will drag it out until the publisher cancels the series because people stopped reading it.
Oh no, we’re going to get a stupid one line “I think I like her” and then another 6 chapters where he ponders it, and then 20 chapters of them stumbling to confess.

We still have her becoming a pro and him having to decide between Hina dolls and making costumes. Grandpa is going to die, at his death bed he’s going to show him a perfect doll’s head and grandpa is going to tell him to make costumes.

Dex-chan lover
why are you incapable of picturing a heartfelt personal relationship between her and Wakana without "pretending she's a romantic rival"? She is someone he has an important connection to and it will be an occasion for him to show the emotional growth he's achieved, maybe even to get a significant support character into the story. No romance clue and no need to interpret all existing females as potential romantic partners
Because it’s a manga and they already did this with the girl who was the insane Marin fan. They’re going to do it again.

If there is any consolation, the current record-holder is Rent a Girlfriend at 333 chapters, still ain't talking, and is selling 13 million copies. So Sono Bisque Doll hasn't even come close to its potential.

Supporter
Oh no, we’re going to get a stupid one line “I think I like her” and then another 6 chapters where he ponders it, and then 20 chapters of them stumbling to confess.

We still have her becoming a pro and him having to decide between Hina dolls and making costumes. Grandpa is going to die, at his death bed he’s going to show him a perfect doll’s head and grandpa is going to tell him to make costumes.
Honestly, i think Gramps is gonna be the key to resolving things. He has to know Wakana's obsession with dollmaking was only partly about finding the dolls themselves beautiful and mostly about a) having an excuse to withdraw from dealing with people (who could vanish from his life just like his parents did) and b) showing appreciation for being taken in by his grandfather by attempting to become his grandfather. We've even seen Gramps note that he's "at that age" (though in a different context) where he needs to begin to become his own person. It's just that Wakana himself hasn't actually been confronted with this and needs to be shown he doesn't have to feel guilty about pursuing his own path even (or especially) if it's not the same path. The only one who can set him straight and set him free is the old man.

Dex-chan lover
He hasn't been able to practice because he's stumped (mostly emotionally).

Making Marin's cosplay widens his horizons... like he literally finds new ways to make beautiful clothes suitable for dolls by being exposed to various other works fictional and not.

Maybe Non-chan will be the one to start untangling his mess of emotions by going into the past with him. That way he can take initiative to go to Marin who will probably be avoiding him for now. She'll take the recent offer thinking that will allow Gojo to practice even though he's in a rut and can't make progress when he's ruminating like that. Also the agency(?) that went to Marin will probably be not as good as Gojo and people will notice and they'll look for her artist.

Like the dude doesn't express much outside of making dolls. But when it comes to Marin and her cosplays he also goes all out.

Marin is forgetting/ignorinv that Gojo insists on challenging himself on the cosplays, instead of just making it a standard quality he goes beyond his previous works to make something better. It's all literally for his skill growth. (Also, he gets paid for it. Worthwhile practice with pay is quite nice.)

He's really just confused as hell right now.
That's something I hope will happen. Non-chan can help fix what she unintentionally did and push him forward.

Dex-chan lover
Nothing happens in this manga anymore. It just slowly piles on more and more emotional baggage resulting from poor communication. There was a time when this was my absolute favorite manga, so I really hope that the author is able to use all of this satisfyingly and not just throw us into the incredibly standard and predictable drama that it seems like we're about to get.

Although interesting to see that traumatizing event from Non-chan's point of view, the pacing of this series is way off and this happens so late. I fear this will drag on for another year when we only get to read one chapter a month...
Especially with Marin's misunderstanding of Gojo's feelings and Gojo's non-verbal wooden expression, which I hate so much. Just talk! Say what is needed to say!

Kudos to the scanlation team(s) though. We're grateful for your work.

Users who are viewing this thread