Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

So the bigger part of the backstory finally came to light. I guess Non-chan felt 'betrayed' because Wakana seemingly forgot all the company she provided her during the time he was devastated and they never really reconciled since Non-chan moved away.
Though I have to say, Non-chan really did look like the pre-gyaru Marin and right now her hair-color and the parting of her hair is as if she's a mirror image of Marin (i.e. light and dark).
And it's unfortunate that Marin somehow misunderstood that she might be holding Wakana back from his aspirations. Deym, she might just consider becoming a professional cosplayer so just she can stop eating up Wakana's time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Author-sama, we already have unresolved Marin drama, why would you add this non important girl from past to the cast?
... did you not read any of the early chapters? Non-chan is directly responsible for the MC's current mindset regarding how worthless he perceives himself. Resolving this entire issue is kind of important for any progress with marin to be possible.

Dex-chan lover
The author really needs to come up with other ways to create drama and push plot forward besides just people misunderstanding each other and never communicating. Like, I know that's a fairly common thing IRL, but seeing the same story beats over and over is getting kinda repetitive. I can't feel any sense of tension or drama at this point, even though this is what should be a culminating moment for the MC's trauma and dealing with it. Wish I could, but I just feel nothing.
guess you should stop reading then huh? If this manga doesn't do anything for you any more it's ok to stop.

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess.
She's going to accept to become a pro cosplayer so she won't be a burden to Gojou anymore.
She'll tell him that from now she won't need him to make her costumes.
He'll think that he's not worthy to be at her side and without cosplay there is no reason for them to have any kind of relationship.
They'll start growing apart.

Please, let me be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Marin doesn’t understand that Gojo doing his cosplay work has elevated his capabilities with hina dolls. I don’t see any cosplay being made by Gojo for awhile since Marin won’t be asking him for any. And we still don’t understand why Gojo looked upset after comiket.

Dex-chan lover
I dropped this manga because it was too much of a repetitive plot (mc realising that people are nice over and over again), I come back and now there's a strange love triangle and the mc wants to kill everyone with his cool work. What is going on
you really should GTFO then and drop the story again, but this time don’t ever come back!!! if your gonna pretend you will understand the bloody damn plot if you skip dozen of chapters and expect to bloody understand something LMAO

Dex-chan lover
All this drama would be resolved with a few conversations, firstly Marin asking why Gojo made that expression at the event, secondly Gojo answering that question and thirdly Marin asking if he wants time to study.

In most dramas we don't have real difficulties, we just have people who don't talk

Dex-chan lover
Took her a while to realize. My query is finally answered and yeah, it checks out. You do lose your skills if you don't practice it. I always thought that he was able to balance the two since it didn't get brought up much nor was it a major issue. Somehow. Glad that it's not magic skills and there's an actual tradeoff.

Dex-chan lover
you really should GTFO then and drop the story again, but this time don’t ever come back!!! if your gonna pretend you will understand the bloody damn plot if you skip dozen of chapters and expect to bloody understand something LMAO
Happy pride month

Dex-chan lover
Miscommunication plots are not the most fun, but I'm really glad Wakana's past is finally relevant again. It kind of felt callous to just brush aside any potential lingering trauma, as if his feelings don't matter.

Dex-chan lover
I always kinda knew that it was a big misunderstanding caused by them being, well... kids.

You can assign blame if you want, but I think it would be counterproductive for their well-being, Wakana was in a fragile state of mind and Non clearly in her singleminded drive to help didn't catch that she did help but Wakana's mind simply connected to something to help him better.

It is a lot of little things that simply were in the wrong moment.

And... maybe what Marin thought was the reason Wakana had been kinda down, he simply realized something at that moment he saw his work and thought that even if he had made a beautiful cosplay he still isn't all he wants to be as a kashirashi to show it to his gramps which made him feel kinda down for that.

In the end... for all the feels-good and lightheartedness this series has... it still has too a very deep emotional core.
Yea having the context of a kid says something they regret for years, all too familiar of a feeling. I never actually thought it would come up much but I’m glad it wasn’t a stupidly malicious incident.

I know people don’t like drama and I agree that Wakana and Marin need to communicate, and we are probably approaching that anyway, calling Non unimportant when she is at the very core of why Wakana is the way he is, shows people have either not read this story at all, or are too blinded by assumptions they’ve made with the story.

Users who are viewing this thread