Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Fed-Kun's army
Author-sama, we already have unresolved Marin drama, why would you add this non important girl from past to the cast?
ngl im all for drama in series like these lol, especially if the fmc has gotten comfortable for too long despite knowing her true feelings so having a rival is fun to watch how things play out

Dex-chan lover
i actually like this development?

it’s a good thing non-chan came back now so gojo can resolve his trauma. there was no way he and marin would get together for the longterm without his self-confidence issues getting resolved.

and it’s great to see this facet to marin’s personality. she’s bubbly, optimistic to the point of being brash, sure, but it’s great to see her care about gojo’s dreams and desires this way.

teenagers being angsty is normal tho i hope the fluff returns soon!

Dex-chan lover
The author really needs to come up with other ways to create drama and push plot forward besides just people misunderstanding each other and never communicating. Like, I know that's a fairly common thing IRL, but seeing the same story beats over and over is getting kinda repetitive. I can't feel any sense of tension or drama at this point, even though this is what should be a culminating moment for the MC's trauma and dealing with it. Wish I could, but I just feel nothing.
Why? Author can have Marin be a completely different character with no writing to do it over and over, have her not react to see the guy she loves in his worst state yet, can ignore him for free without it ever being acknowledged and just time skip through it and now misunderstand on her own that he is sacrificing what was formerly most important to him to make her cosplay and act like a mentally unstable bipolar weirdo.
the last 3 instances of "drama" were her randomly turning into a 5 year old child with speech impediment.

She IS a high schooler, true. This is a bit far beyond that, tho. Melancholic woe is me damsel crying in her dark entryway is NOT high school stuff and even if overexaggerated on purpose it just is poorly done, weak and cringe immediately after not even progressing but just introducing drama that does not even make sense yet.

Power Uploader
Its funny seeing people complaining about the "out of nowhere drama" considering that the series has been slowly building to this with Wakana not being able to pick up on any of Marin's advances, and the fact that Non-chan has been a named character since chapter 1.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Author-sama, we already have unresolved Marin drama, why would you add this non important girl from past to the cast?
This pretty much sums up all the issues it has been having recently. There has been unresolved drama since the get-go (that she likes him), but that is par for the course with jp romcoms (couples can't actually be couples :O how would you even write romance when the chars are together? - every jp mangaka ever). But now it has been dragged out over multiple arcs that she thinks he hates what he is doing for her and that he thinks she doesn't care about him and should stick to ignoring him in favour of flashy stuff and people. Etc (pretty much all things that would easily and quickly resolve if they just communicated. But what am I thinking, seems I forgot that word is not in the vocabulary for most writers).
And yes, the childhood friend reappearing was not unexpected - but I did at least think it would not happen until all other issues were resolved and essentially serve as the obligatory "love triangle must exist - particularly if a confession has happened" development.

Dex-chan lover
Noooo.....Marin is crying.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread