Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 5 Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy
I said sued, not DMCA'd. Stopping when you're told to stop is not the same thing.
And didn't those groups do Jump titles? That's the biggest target of all for lawyers, so if even they didn't face any actual consequences other than having to stop, then other series aren't likely to face worse. Then there's the fact that those were websites, not just ephemeral translator groups.

Thanks for the translation!

Is there a place where I can order a digital copy of this? Or rent a digital copy of it?
I have no idea how to explain this kind of thing to my family if they find it. xD

Aggregator gang
@SleepyAbra

Oh yeah. I forgot about Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun. I did read the scanlation, and then I bought the first volume of the official translation. I don't remember it being "bad". I haven't compared the two. I'm guess some of it might be due to a difference in intended audience. Scanlators are generally translating for the internet-savvy weeabo, whereas I guess official translations are probably going after a more "general" audience that may not spend all their time on the internet. Therefore, the make the changes that they think works best for that intended audience. I don't know. Just a "theory".

People's complaints make no sense though. You are right about that. I think it is a reasonable decision for the scanlator to not continue translating something that has an official release. Though scanlations are always some kind of infringement on intellectual property, if the company hasn't bothered to license it English I don't see the harm in scanlating it. However, if a company does make the effort to actually secure the rights, translate something, and release it, I feel like scanlations are definitely doing some kind of "harm" at that point.

People complain about how "the sensei gets nothing and the publishing company gets everything". Well that is how pretty how things go in capitalist society. It annoys me when people complain about it when it applies to manga, but don't give a shit everywhere else. The people flipping burgers at McDonalds are making minimum wage, but the manager is making fat stacks, and corporation as a whole is making loads of money. Without the burger flippers there wouldn't be a McDs. However, I don't see people on here saying "don't eat at McDonalds".

Contributor
@bossbun my point being that I can make the effort (and I definitely do, as I buy +80€ worth of mangas from Italian publishers each month) of supporting local publishers, but I certainly don't give a fuck about those from other countries. so, no.

It's not that I, as a burgerclap, particularly mind paying $10-$12 USD to buy a licensed, translated physical copy. (Which, by the way, is a HUGE privilege for me in particular to have - affordable access. ) And yeah, I might grab the volumes when they go on sale, or when I get a coupon from an online retailer. I do like having a physical copy. (Except when the publisher dies, thanks for expiring before my high-school self could finish "Grove Adventure RAVE" Tokyopop.)

What gets me is the existential question, "will I care two years from now when we finally get to this point and potentially beyond?"
Yeah, I'm interested now, but life happens. If I have to sit around, waiting and half-caring for two years, can I even say that I won't have something else I'd rather buy?

This is the one things I'm not a fan of in terms of the global north's model of manga distribution, is that they are consistently outperformed in speed and quality by amateurs, very frequently doing it for free. As soon as that license got picked up, the NA publisher should be digitally simulpublishing the current chapters on a one week-delay. They can't pretend people who have been reading scanlations in parity to the Japanese market aren't a market they're trying to serve. Even Jump comics knows that you're only going to keep people interested in your product by making it constantly available. And while I find mangaplus a nightmare to navigate, having that available from the publisher communicates to me that they know they at least need to make an effort.

OH also, F*** not giving the manga artist a couple of cents (or more) off of every non-Japanese volume that gets sold. Whoever said five or so pages back in the comments to contribute to an artists patreon, or comparable, so that publishers, who's only ability is having a large amounts of capital to invest, can become less of a thing, is right.

Contributor
Nonetheless, I hope this gets picked up by another group because it's not as if the rest of the world can do much about US releases, not without significant expense.
Still, thank you for your work so far.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for translating so far !

fuck... we lost a good gyaru manga ! FUCK
its a sad day we lost another good manga to official release, i hope someone pick this up because either this will be too expensive for me or not even gonna be available in my country...

Dex-chan lover
Last page: "Until next time"
Credits page: "We'll stop translating this"

What a coincidence lol

Dex-chan lover
@domisama Most likely, if they keep up the scheduel, June ish 2021 for volume 5, which is what we just finished, so october 2021 for new chapters.

Thanks for translating this, but I hope someone else will pick this up. As much as I'm happy for this getting an official english release I'm not gonna wait for 2 years for it to catch up to this point. Not to mention I live in a small eastern European country so buying official releases is a pain in the ass for me and the price almost triples. So fuck me right?

Also I also hope someone else picks this up I cant wait for the official to catch up

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for your service, unfortunately, I will not patiently wait this much time

I will be joining the dark side, thank you for everything

Damn i gu3ss i'll buy the official ones. Thanjs for the translation guys! Lov u all

Users who are viewing this thread