Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 100

Dex-chan lover
Wrong way around. It was a clear old-school romcom manga, with cosplay being the plot device used to push the romance along (bringing them together, keeping them in close proximity, etc). At some point, the author decided he was going to switch genres and just dropped the romance and comedy from the series entirely. Now it's a series dealing with a 15 year old boy's depression, where he takes cosplaying far too seriously.
Question is: why? Original mix of the comedy, romance, cosplay, slice of life, ecchi was just right. Why suddenly ignore all the other elements. We have a whole lot of DIY-style manga and anime, about fishing and other activities and stuff like Yiru Camp that's basically an advertisement for outdoor activity and camping, ,making manga and anime, but none of those forgot to add other element to the story, to make it more fun to read.

Yeah, we occasionally have things like Runway de Waratte, but those are very clear about their focus on actual theme, without almost any side-stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Gojou you fuck don't fuck this up

Please be a fake-out, I'd hate for this to turn into an arc where they grow apart because he misunderstands her and thinks she's just interested in cosplay, instead of cosplaying with him.
To be quite honest with you I am fed up with the character of Gojou. At this point I would not mind him being slowly written out of the story in favor of another love interest. I see Marin as the sort of girl who tends to end up with an influential and wealthy executive of some sort. Her parents are upper class anyway, right? They'd want her to marry into a family with a similar or higher social standing.

It's the logical path for her life to take anyway. She gets into business with the professional cosplay agency, gets noticed by some wealthy client, gets invited on a date by him and is seduced by the money and glamour and adult lifestyle. It's happened to god knows how many young women before.

In time she will think back to her youth when she spent a few months with that serious, quiet artisan boy who made dolls and clothes. It will be a fond memory of hers. Oh yes, what was his name again... Gojo-kun, that's it! It was him that got her started on her career path. If it wasn't for him, she would have never gotten the life that she did get. She should call him some day, or send him a letter, to see how he is.

To be quite honest with you I am fed up with the character of Gojou. At this point I would not mind him being slowly written out of the story in favor of another love interest. I see Marin as the sort of girl who tends to end up with an influential and wealthy executive of some sort. Her parents are upper class anyway, right? They'd want her to marry into a family with a similar or higher social standing.

It's the logical path for her life to take anyway. She gets into business with the professional cosplay agency, gets noticed by some wealthy client, gets invited on a date by him and is seduced by the money and glamour and adult lifestyle. It's happened to god knows how many young women before.

In time she will think back to her youth when she spent a few months with that serious, quiet artisan boy who made dolls and clothes. It will be a fond memory of hers. Oh yes, what was his name again... Gojo-kun, that's it! It was him that got her started on her career path. If it wasn't for him, she would have never gotten the life that she did get. She should call him some day, or send him a letter, to see how he is.
The blackpilled ending 💀

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Gojou thinks that Marin cosplaying for herself brings them closure but Marin cosplaying for others or public makes them drift apart or make her out of her league...

In Short, Jealously maybe

Dex-chan lover
You know I'm right tho
If we go that route, Gojo also doesn't need Marin anymore, too. He will get some self-esteem with age, he already have other friends to depend on and make cosplay stuff for. Juju likes him too. Also, with time, he will become a respectable craftsman who will remember Marin for giving him a push to improve himself. And about being together? Their chracters are too different anyway.

Dex-chan lover
If we go that route, Gojo also doesn't need Marin anymore, too. He will get some self-esteem with age, he already have other friends to depend on and make cosplay stuff for. Juju likes him too. Also, with time, he will become a respectable craftsman who will remember Marin for giving him a push to improve himself. And about being together? Their chracters are too different anyway.
Agreed 100%
Honestly now that I think about it, with your suggestion, I think I would rather read that manga. To use a tired manga type of phrase, it has a fresh feeling about it.
That's it, from now on I am shipping Juju and Wakana.

Group Leader
You know, on one hand the unfocused nature of this manga does give the impression that this universe doesn’t literally revolve around the main couple like some romcoms, but on the other, the pacing is absolutely glacial.
I’m hoping that at least this arc ends with some kind of confession.

Dex-chan lover
can't wait for this to be another huge bait like akira hating marin (I'm still mad about that)
So do i. I was so looking forward for Marin actually getting into argument with a person who have at least somewhat valid reason not to like her and it ended with a flop. This is actually happens each time. Whatever something remotely serious happens to Marin, it's either turns into a joke, or Marin chicken out.
but on the other, the pacing is absolutely glacial.
I actually like slow pacing of slice of lifes and romcoms. But only if other things happens and overall story isn't stall with other elements and characters. But it's cosplay and cosplay and even more talks and making of cosplay with glacial speed with all other fun elements missing.

Group Leader
I disagree. It's a cosplay manga, with a romance subplot. It's not a romance manga with a cosplay theme. The plot revolves around cosplay. The fact that romance is put so much on a backburner clearly emphasizes that too. Even before the last 30 chapters, there was barely any romance in it.
h4v776.jpeg

I hate when the fans of the series gaslight people falling off with “durr dis wusn’t a rum cum”, yeah it’s also an SOL about cosplaying and admittedly I still like that aspect of it, but I felt that the two elements blended nicely at the start of the series but for large parts of the latest arcs romance took a complete backseat for fafing about with cosplay; and people ain’t wrong for feeling frustrated. Frustration compounded by the absolutely ridiculous, even for the genre, glacial pacing.

Group Leader
I actually like slow pacing of slice of lifes and romcoms. But only if other things happens and overall story isn't stall with other elements and characters. But it's cosplay and cosplay and even more talks and making of cosplay with glacial speed with all other fun elements missing.
Well people who don’t at least expect slow pacing from an ongoing romcom (especially a monthly one) need to either find one that’s long finished, or find a different genre (like hentai).
However yeah, even as someone who does like observing the technical aspects of any profession, you have to admit that the artist is very plainly stretching out what should be one chapter of events into three.

Dex-chan lover
h4v776.jpeg

I hate when the fans of the series gaslight people falling off with “durr dis wusn’t a rum cum”, yeah it’s also an SOL about cosplaying and admittedly I still like that aspect of it, but I felt that the two elements blended nicely at the start of the series but for large parts of the latest arcs romance took a complete backseat for fafing about with cosplay; and people ain’t wrong for feeling frustrated. Frustration compounded by the absolutely ridiculous, even for the genre, glacial pacing.
That's a clear mislabeling. And it's not like "cosplay" or "shogi" is a genre. The key point is what the plot revolves around. In Nagatoro-san, no matter what characters do, whether it's painting, judo, snowboarding, or school activities, the plot is always centered on romance. They go snowboarding to spend time together, they train hard for a judo competition to confess, they improve themselves and gain the courage to stay with the person they love, etc. etc. There is nothing like that here. The plot always revolves around cosplay. Romance happens because of cosplay. Fanservice happens because of cosplay. New locations, characters, and plotlines are all introduced because of cosplay. This is not a romance manga. It baffles me that someone can see it as such. It's like saying Baby Steps is a romance manga.

Users who are viewing this thread