Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 101

Dex-chan lover
Ah "its so deep you peasants are not smart enough to appreciate it" autists are coming out of the woodwork again.

Overly pretentious stories like these are filled with them and they are the target audience if we are being honest.

Ah "its so deep you peasants are not smart enough to appreciate it" autists are coming out of the woodwork again.

Overly pretentious stories like these are filled with them and they are the target audience if we are being honest.

I don't think the story is necessarily pretentious, the story is what it is. If you read the first couple arcs and see how many extra pages the author spends on explaining cosplay technique, it's pretty clear this is a cosplay manga with a side of romance.

Maybe the romance got more air in some of the arcs and that made people think it was a romance manga with a side of cosplay, but this arc is leaning back in the other direction.

I'm with the people who are tired of monthly releases for drip-fed narrative along predictable lines. But I also know that probably means I'm not as firmly in the target demo of this manga as I might have thought I was.

IDK, I'll keep reading chapters if I notice a new one is out, but I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat for this one any more. I haven't been since the 2nd or 3rd chapter about the circle shoot.

Aggregator gang
A poor angel who wasn't loved by the devil.

Ah, Marin, you poor thing. Gojo is sinking into madness

Dex-chan lover
my heart goes out to gojo; I wonder how this will progress further. knowing the author, they might not goes as far building a career path, as gojo wants to inherit his family's business on top of the emotional turmoil.
this is gojo's and marin's story after all.

"This is a cosplay manga with romcom elements"
Riiiiight, because I am sure 3/4ths of the people reading this did so so they could watch the author jelq about how good the cosplay his character made is, that's ABSOLUTELY the reason people started reading this. Of course.
"It's just because it's being published, once the arc concludes and you re-read it it you will see the pacing is fine"
BS the pacing is fine, back around when Gojo was losing his mind over the textile I went back to re-read the entire manga and you can tell how the pacing starts slowing to a crawl in the Nun Muder Party, let alone the making of the fucking Haniel cosplay, I'd personally argue it already starts dragging around the middle of the school festival, when the author really starts wanking themselves over how good and genuine the cosplays Gojo makes are
And I can already fucking tell that we won't even start progressing on the rift between Gojo and Marin, we will have a chapter that shows how scared Marin is of talking to Gojo, we will have a chapter where they meet, but it will be awkward and Gojo will say something that hurts Marin, THEN we will have a chapter where Gojo realizes what he did, and THEN they will start getting contacted by the big shots so we can drag this shit even further along
Real, if I knew this was 80% cosplay i would’ve never touched this till it finished

Dex-chan lover
Are we really gonna pretend the aftermath of the Succubus cosplay didn't happen or did you genuinely forget because it's been so long since we got some actual romance
Dude popped a fucking boner under her and... i think he masturbated thinking about her???? But because it's ACTUALLY BEEN THAT LONG since the romance was in focus people genuinely go "Oh Marin's feelings are one-sided actually".
It's GENUINELY THAT BAD
??? So If I pop a boner to some sexy cosplayer I have feeling for her, never knew thats how it worked. Your second point, "he masturbated to her" so what, even tho didn't really have friends and was a shut in before meeting Marin, he is still teen boy and I for sure know if somehow one of the hottest girls in the whole school comes to your home in a bikini to get her measurments, 99% of the boys would get horny and masturbate. (I can't believe that have to explain this)

Did you not read that I said that Gojo most likely(99%) has feeling for her but he has had tunnel vision bc of his art. I might just not remember but I dont remeber Gojo having a self realization about him liking Marin

Group Leader
I could repeat your first line back to you. This is a slow-paced manga about cosplay with romance elements, not a romcom with cosplay in the background.

Please move on if you can't deal with it.

This also goes to everyone else complaining. Story quality's still there, art quality's still there - it's not a fast story, though, so "oh no, my life is being actively ruined!!112112121!!!"

It's only "a slow-paced manga about cosplay with romance elements, not a romcom" because the author changed the fucking genre 30 chapters into the story. Re-read the first couple volumes worth of chapters, or better yet watch the anime and tell me that the story was not a romcom centered around cosplay. The romance and comedy elements started to take a very sudden and drastic downturn a little bit before the group cosplay arc.

Additionally, the series went from being weekly to monthly, and yet we get basically the same length of chapters by page number, the same artwork, but even worse and slower paced writing. Only one day has passed in the last 9+ months of chapters, and the only thing that happened in every single one of those chapters is people gushing about the cosplay. Literally nothing else has happened.

If you can see that the author is clearly struggling, that's on you. If you can't come up with a SINGLE way to move the story forward in 9 months, you don't deserve to be a published author. Quit, and let a better author take your spot in the magazine.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Gonna make a prediction for next chapter: 10 pages of random people reacting to the cosplay over the internet, 8 pages of people reacting to the author reacting to the cosplay, 7 pages of people recognizing Marin and remembering her cosplays, 4 pages of Marin seeing all this unfold and squeeing at it. 1 page of Gojou in the same situation but is now on his other side.
PROGRESS

Dex-chan lover
One of the reasons Tokio hated the anime adaptation of his series because the production team did not understand the emotions and intent of his characters. [...] Everything he worked so hard on until now got ruined just like that, [...]
I think this might be the mangaka thought on was happened to expectations after the anime. As one who already read since the beginning and never saw the anime, it was clear from the start that this series takes romance things as complimentary to characters, which main intentions of the series is all about cosplay.

Users who are viewing this thread