Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 101

Dex-chan lover
I had a thought... This arc could also be the writers point of view due her work - her previous manga's were pretty crappy, and now her new work is top tier both as manga and as anime, and now she constantly doing researches to write new chapters etc.
Maybe this arc is her way to tell that she is also has imposter syndrome and wanna tell us how it feels to think that you doesn't deserve recognition, that all the success is not yours but due some luck or someone's help?
What do you think? Maybe she view Marin as her own Haniel and Gojo is her proxy?

Dex-chan lover
What's Imposter Syndrome?
Imagine having a job, doing it properly for years, but deep down feeling like you're not good enough to do it, that you didn't study enough, work hard enough, know enough to do properly your job.

Until you kinda figure out everyone else is an impostor like you, but society still continue to work properly regardless. So, in show, I guess it's underestimating yourself

Dex-chan lover
I had a thought... This arc could also be the writers point of view due her work - her previous manga's were pretty crappy, and now her new work is top tier both as manga and as anime, and now she constantly doing researches to write new chapters etc.
Maybe this arc is her way to tell that she is also has imposter syndrome and wanna tell us how it feels to think that you doesn't deserve recognition, that all the success is not yours but due some luck or someone's help?
What do you think? Maybe she view Marin as her own Haniel and Gojo is her proxy?
that's true, so many people are complaining about the manga not pacing properly and not enough romance and the author isn't doing her work perfectly, automatically assuming that she should know better because of how big the anime and manga blew up.

there's a reason why it was changed to monthly in the first place. we should be happy that the quality of art actually increased and didn't falter after the change to montly. because the other alternative would be hiatus after hiatus after the author can't keep up with the pressure of expectations bearing down on her.

anyways, i personally enjoyed this arc way more than the nun arc which to me was more of a filler than anything. in this arc we finally get proper recognition for gojo and marin that their skills are beyond average and is even better than professionals. we are seeing development in their abilities and later the romance will follow.

Yeah, I agree with all the sentiments that the release schedule is brutal. And also that the pacing is not a problem. I reread the past 10 chapters, and these chapters go hard asf, even if in isolation it feels like barely anything is happening. Definitely gonna be a banger to reread start to finish, even if I'm on life support by then. I read a note on ch94 saying the switch to a monthly release schedule was for this arc specifically, so maybe things will pick up soon. This Mandate of Heaven art looks brutal to draw

Setting aside the whinging about the release pace - something I noticed going back, I think Marin is deathly scared of having disappointed Gojo and that's why they never spoke to each other after comiket. I know people have commented about the notion of Marin forgetting Gojo was even there, but nah, he was on her mind the whole time, wondering if she managed pull off the right expression. After all that agony of Gojo obsessing about details that didn't measure up to his vision, naturally she'd be worried she couldn't do the costume justice. She was literally asking herself that even while the crowd surrounding her were going absolutely rabid. The emotional rebound from effusive praise from her cosplayer friends and an agency scouting her to seeing Gojo not even looking at her must have hit like a freight train

Now, istg, if the next chapter doesn't get straight back into Gojo and Marin figuring their shit out, I WILL send a strongly worded tweet or something

Dex-chan lover
that all the success is not yours but due some luck or someone's help?
Well in her case, that someone were the editors who singlehandedly laid the foundation of the fandom by constracting the first arcs and anime adeptation. By authors own admision. As for views, marin is her selfinsert while gojo is the ideal man. That's also why it comes off so pretentious at times but specially in this arc.

Since season 2 is coming along for the anime, it will be fun to watch the reaction from anime onlys who expect the same romcom pacing of season 1. Considering there is absolutely nothing of the sort after the school festival.

Dex-chan lover
nah_id_win.jpg

I'd like to think that he feels conflicted that he wants to posses only marin for his own, and he felt disgusted by himself for thinking of her like his dolls.

Dex-chan lover
Marin need Gojo and Gojo need Marin in this case. Tokio's approval wouldn't be there if they didn't work together. My 2 cents is that Gojo is not having an imposter syndrome, rather he felt he has achieved perfection (or nearly perfect for manga continuity sake), but deep inside he knew he cannot replicate that (easily). Or he felt sad because his best work so far is on some cosplay, not on Hina Dolls

Fed-Kun's army
The maximum rating I can give this manga on the page is 10 but this is in my opinion an 11.

Dex-chan lover
I thought this was a good chapter. Not enough tits and ass for other people to find it compelling?

The mangakas collective jaws dropping when they seen "Princess" was really great; it deftly reinforced Gojo's ultra-giga-chadness, even though he's having some sort of mental health issue rn. :fml:

I hope Marin can break him out of it with her super-sunshine-ultra-giga-chadness next chapter...

Users who are viewing this thread