Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 103

Dex-chan lover
Y'all annoying as fuck, Gojo's always been insecure and angsty and it's no surprise Marin's conflicted between going pro or staying with him. It's a big decision that could change her life and get her even further into being a pro cosplayer.

Plus, after the face she saw him make she's scared, that's all it is, she's scared she did something to upset him or that something happened to Gojo.

Some of you want her to bring back the genki attitude and be like "HEY~~!! Gojo <3, why'd you make that scary face back there~~</3" and move on with a swift puppy love resolution but like, open your eyes.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually kind of glad for this development. I was just thinking this morning that the series needs to come to an end. We had Marin sort-of confess her feelings for Gojou and since then it's really lost track. Then I realized that Gojou will definitely have to meet his childhood friend again before we can get a conclusion, and now here she is!

It's dumb and cliché, but it means we're crossing the one hurdle that we definitely had to cross before the ship can sail.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, author, I get it: this manga were too good and needed some bullshit arc....

Aggregator gang
Fukuda is so good at getting tension across. Those pages of the two of them talking were dripping with discomfort even when neither of them were shown.

Calling Non-chan's appearance "forced drama" is silly considering Non-chan is the reason for basically everything about Gojo's personality. She's literally on PAGE ONE of the whole series! It would be more surprising if she didn't show back up at some point. Her reappearing means he can finally get closure.

Thanks for the translation!
This is how I'm feeling about this arc. It's genuinely very funny to see the author very deliberately establish tension and frustration in the characters, only to check the comments and see a bunch of people assume she has to be doing it by accident or because of some evil greedy motivation lmao. Like "damn how dare art have complex challenging feelings, if your art has complex challenging feelings that is bad and 'forced'! wah!"
For posterity:
1) the reason Wakana reacted negatively is because he saw the results of his perfectionism with the cosplaying result in Marin getting put on a pedestal far beyond his understanding or perceived reach. He turned her into, at least for that moment, a celebrity, or even more than that some kind of ethereal being beyond humanity, and is frustrated that she's so far away and anxious that she'll only keep moving farther, but feels powerless to control it.
2) Even without the phone call Marin would have struggled to say what she wants to say, because she's not even sure what the problem and she can't just blurt out "hey what's wrong with you". She can sense Wakana's distant and feeling bad but has no idea why, because her perspective on the Haniel crowd was completely different from anyone else's.
3) this ain't getting resolved next chapter either, because the cousin isn't going to be an obvious easy villain Marin can defeat by sticking up for Wakana. She doesn't even know who that is, and Wakana's nightmares about something that happened over a decade ago are very unlikely to reflect on the present day person in front of them.
4) seriously these characters are fifteen years old, they could not remotely describe how they're feeling like how I'm describing them now based on observation. They just feel bad and anxious and will take some time to work it out. They're going to need some excuse to spend a whole night together like when the 'contrived' plot 'forced' the drama of Wakana having to stay over at Marin's apartment because of a storm shutting down the trains. :pacman:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Seriously the author is padding the manga like he's still doing weekly releases, is his editor not seeing the writing on the wall?

Aggregator gang
It's funny how the latest Volume came out in Japan and it's been getting universal praise and might end up being the best selling volume on debut based on the numbers. Then you look at the western fandom ans they've been complaining for the past 2-3 arcs and insisting they're gonna drop the manga and claiming it fell off.

This manga is literally Waiting for Godoh. Nothing has happened, and nothing will happen. Dropped. No progress to speak of in two freaking years. What a waste.

It's funny how the latest Volume came out in Japan and it's been getting universal praise and might end up being the best selling volume on debut based on the numbers. Then you look at the western fandom ans they've been complaining for the past 2-3 arcs and insisting they're gonna drop the manga and claiming it fell off.
the premise was supposed to be what if you dated a cosplayer, but somehow despite having 2 people with good chemistry once again it cant be helped but making them date looks like the hardest obstacle in the world, no wonder their birth rate have been falling for decades and they rather spend money on clubs to have pretend friendships.
Is just ridiculous, I might really read it once is done in 2 years but in the meantime why flagellate myself.

Users who are viewing this thread