She is gone haywire...
(OωO )...

Dex-chan lover
Love to see Marin being Marin
That last bit where she turns down her friends was a nice touch

Dex-chan lover
212656.gif

Aggregator gang
It’s always been a weird thing, but having her be 15 years old always makes this very awkward for me, the character doesn’t really act like she’s 15 years old in any way. I honestly don’t know why she isn’t in college. The story it would make my perfect sense and he could be working full-time at the doll shop.

But it’s always weird seeing her this sexual, especially when she’s in huge crowds almost naked wearing cosplay. It’s always in the back of my mind how young she is. Maybe I’m just overthinking it. She does have a very nice ass.
My man, a good chunk of 15-16 yo already fuck or are very aware of sexuality.

And also, 20 years old are almost the same than during their highschool days. The only thing that changes for most is that they get more freedom from their parents.

Double-page supporter
It’s always been a weird thing, but having her be 15 years old always makes this very awkward for me, the character doesn’t really act like she’s 15 years old in any way. I honestly don’t know why she isn’t in college. The story it would make my perfect sense and he could be working full-time at the doll shop.

But it’s always weird seeing her this sexual, especially when she’s in huge crowds almost naked wearing cosplay. It’s always in the back of my mind how young she is. Maybe I’m just overthinking it. She does have a very nice ass.
didn't even think of that, that actually is super weird, definitely suffering from that anime trope syndrome because it's very clear this manga wants to be adult with Marin being very in tune with her feelings like a adult, them not showing school very often and showing jobs mostly and people who are actually made people as well, it would feel better if they were at least seniors or college like said. the only reason why i'd think it is this way would be because anime has to be high school to cater and sell. which sucks a lot because Marin literally is wearing lingerie... 15 year old wearing lingerie, going to a love hotel its...yeah FBI

Its pretty strange that they are 15. Since as far as I know in Japan, first year of high school is 16.
Second is 17. And most highschoolers turn 18 on their third year. Atleast that's how most school animes I saw were portrayed.
You can even google "high school in japan age". And it give strict results, them (students) being 16-18 year olds.

Dex-chan lover
This is getting a little awkward
nah bro, i'm 19 now and my friends wear the same things as when we were 15/16, meaning virtually nothing
sure sure... but a vast majority of kids don't and plenty of adults don't. I remember barely 10 years ago lingerie was worn by women to get men going, ya know for sex...

Some teenagers are even more open than college students because they lack self-control. But yeah, the way they are drawn and their whole lifestyle in general reeks of college student vibe. Really not sure why the author didn't just add 10 years to their age.

Dex-chan lover
Its pretty strange that they are 15. Since as far as I know in Japan, first year of high school is 16.
Second is 17. And most highschoolers turn 18 on their third year. Atleast that's how most school animes I saw were portrayed.
You can even google "high school in japan age". And it give strict results, them (students) being 16-18 year olds.
That isn't entirely incorrect, but the way the Japanese school system really works is that you have to turn 16 in your first year of highschool. Marin's birthday is March 5th and the Japanese school year starts in April, so she will spend most of her first year being 15 years of age. She's a VERY precocious kid.

As an aside, a friend of mine has two highschool age daughters. The elder has her birthday in May while the younger has her birthday in March like Marin. As a result, the two sisters attend the same year in highschool. Before you pass judgment on the math, the younger girl was born premature on the 7th month of pregnancy.

Dex-chan lover
Some teenagers are even more open than college students because they lack self-control. But yeah, the way they are drawn and their whole lifestyle in general reeks of college student vibe. Really not sure why the author didn't just add 10 years to their age.
Japanese kids are given the opportunity to join the workforce directly straight out of middle school. They don't have to go to highschool. In Japan highschool-age kids who work while attending school are fairly common, so teenagers with a lot of disposable income is also surprisingly normal, precisely because they're still their parents' household dependents so all the money they earn from part-timing can be spent on themselves.

What's happening here is that these teenagers who have a high level of financial pseudo-independence (pseudo because their actual basic living cost is still taken care of by parents) can then spend their income in a marketplace geared for working adults - and they do. This is why upper-middle class Japanese teenagers who part time usually have a lifestyle very similar to that of college students in the US. By entering the consumer market above their age group, they inevitably also start living more like adults, and you get kids like Marin. Make no mistake, though. Marin is a very upper-class girl with an upper class job. Her dad is definitely rich.

Gojo is living more like a normal working lower-middle class teenager who must contribute their income to the running of their household. This is ironic when you consider that Gojo is actually the heir of an ancient business that owns a showroom and a factory. The manga doesn't really show this, but both kids are coming from very well-off families with lots of assets.

Dex-chan lover
Shocking new discovery; fifteen-years-olds get horny. Also in tonight's news: the sky found to be blue, 2+2=4 and humans are mortal.

Marin seems like a normal 15yo to me, wanting to look cute for herself as well the guy she likes and is really into her fashion, makeup and her hobby.

Nice chapter, thanks for translating.

seeing the fact that this chapter makes some people uncomfortable gives me hope for humanity. sure you can show off the lingerie, but multiple undercrotch shots really arent necessary. reading this chapter just made me really uncomfy, the author doesnt have to feed into coomers this hard. also using the argument that teenagers these days dress really sexually doesnt make it right.

That isn't entirely incorrect, but the way the Japanese school system really works is that you have to turn 16 in your first year of highschool. Marin's birthday is March 5th and the Japanese school year starts in April, so she will spend most of her first year being 15 years of age. She's a VERY precocious kid.

As an aside, a friend of mine has two highschool age daughters. The elder has her birthday in May while the younger has her birthday in March like Marin. As a result, the two sisters attend the same year in highschool. Before you pass judgment on the math, the younger girl was born premature on the 7th month of pregnancy.
Hmm, interesting. Makes sense. So, you imply that she (author) just decided to make Marin 11 months "younger" on purpose?
Weird flex, but okay. Idk what stopped her from doing like most other manga authors.
That usually go with 16 year old student in first year of high school. I guess author wanted to go "unique" route.

Users who are viewing this thread