Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 12 Ch. 92

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how much the author got paid to make this amazing Monster advertisement.
Serious talk, Japanese trademark, copyright, and intellectual property law is really, really bad. Legal experts from around the world will tell you it sucks.

That's why you have so many mangas and anime with WcDonald's or similar. The law is so bad that that's all a writer has to do to steal ideas yet stay legal.

I would be SUPER surprised if Monster got a single cent out of this series.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it's him taking it personally but wanting it to be the best, so he obsesses (almost maniacally) over every detail. While it can be dangerous and leading to burnout as others have said, the attention to detail is what captivates the audience so much usually.
I thought that what captivated audiences in cosplay was the boobs. Very occasionally some pecs or even a well done costume, but boobs are a safer bet

Dex-chan lover
That said, Gojo is one person that shouldn’t get the death note. Bro would aim for perfection the whole day
Nahh he wouldn’t think he’s fit to judge other people and if he’s forced to it, he’ll be very sympathetic. His perfectionism only applies to himself.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
My guess is at the end of this arc the author of this whatever-original-source-name will look at gojou's magnum opus and will harshly criticize it or even say "meh" and move on, which, looking at the amount of efforts gojou is putting into this cosplay and all the accumulated stress, will make him completely demoralised, burned out and unwilling to even think about making cosplay costumes. And that's when marin and co come to the rescue, leading into healing arc (and maybe some substantial progress?)
Really? I feel like he will actually acknowledge Gojou's work.

Dex-chan lover
I get that he's supposed to be emotionally invested in the project for his own interest and reasons, but seeing him hurt himself to obsess over making a costume for someone else leaves a bad taste in my mouth (having known several simping cosplay slaves and their mistresses irl.)
:facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Other people have already said this about this specific arc already, but this is getting boring and nonsensical.

Why does he care so much about this one specifically? It's like he's in some kind of trance that is uncharacteristic of his personality.

Maybe he's just super charmed/infatuated with the story. The author did a really bad job of explaining that if that's true. It just looks like Gojou went full on grindset mindset for no reason.
Really? I'd say that few panel with angel hamelin was a pretty great way of conveying Gojou's interest in the project. It almost feels like he is as passionate in this as he was with hina dolls and Mari is literally an after-thought.

I'm sorry in advance for my rant. This is the fourth chapter about a fucking fabric. All we got for the past 4 chapters are freaking glue guns and Gojo stressing about an unknown fabric. We already got Gojo pushing himself making Marin 2nd cosplay. Aside from that, there's barely any progress, whether on the cosplay or the romance. Got some interaction here and there but that's it. 4 fucking chapters of almost nothing and not to mention for a monthly release, the chapters are too short (about 20ish per chapter). I like both the cosplay and the romance part of the manga but come on man, 4 chapters stress ing about the fabric is just stupid.

Dex-chan lover
You know, the biggest sin is that the pacing is so fucking slow for a what, monthly/bimonthly manga? It's way too little pages for a bimonthly/monthly manga. Pacing is of a snail pace, no progress whatsoever on every single thing, be it the cosplay or the romance. Fuck, not even a single development for any of the side characters like Juju or her sister. Author keep introducing new side characters that audience barely know jack shit of and they just come and go every single arc. Story is horseshit because of that because character interactions feel shallow and uninteresting.

When is author even gonna go back and touch Gojou's childhood storyline? Maybe never.

it seems the author is showing us all the struggles of Gojou and long process of making this cosplay for it to have heavier impact when its done. but still, id be nice if chapters would be more frequent

Supporter
I finally get what’s going on. Gojo burning himself out will definitely lead somewhere. He will be so tired by the end that he’ll end up confessing to Marin on Christmas before she even can. Last time he was so exhausted he called her beautiful. His exhaustion from his obsession with this cosplay will cause him not to overthink about his feelings and just blurt them out.
We should live so long. This kinda thing worked in Uzaki-chan because the MC there was obsessing over his impending confession. Here, it's been ages since he admitted to any sort of attraction wrt Marin, even to himself.

Dex-chan lover
this time he's doing this because HE wants to, he was the one who proposed this cosplay in the first place remember?
It makes no difference whatsoever. He knows that she won't be dissapointed if he opens about how he is struggling; we as the audience know Marin won't be dissapointed; Marin would love seeing him rely on her for once, but no, Gojo still behaves like he just met her and considers himself unworthy of talking with her.

Dex-chan lover
This arc (I am calling it confession arc) has taken so damn long. Does anyone else think they are just dragging it out to make the confession happen at 100?

Dex-chan lover
it seems the author is showing us all the struggles of Gojou and long process of making this cosplay for it to have heavier impact when its done. but still, id be nice if chapters would be more frequent
It'd work better if the struggles were more varied. This is more about getting stuck on that one thing. It's more of a magic bullet type of writing than about real struggles.

Users who are viewing this thread