Sono Mono. Nochi ni... ~Kigatsuitara S-kyuu Saikyou!? Yuusha Wazu no Daibouken~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
This feels like an exceptionally poor series based on the first chapter.

Dex-chan lover
You know, if you show dragon being punched in the very first scene you don't show your protagonist as incredibly strong, you show your dragon as incredibely weak.

that stupid elf didn't notice the massive dragon and jumped to conclusion the hell

Man I hate when someone tries to literally kill the main character for mostly no reason at all, and then not be apologetic at all.

Double-page supporter
I feel like the writing in this version is a lot poorer than in the previous manga adaptation.

So after all the comments praising the other version I went ahead and read it, after all it was just 5 chapters.

Well, all the whining was completely unfounded. I'm actually surprised how off the mark it was. This version is much better, less rushed, for example MC's backstory: here it's much more fleshed out in a later chapter as a flashback while there it's just a few pages in the beginning, making it feel like a generic OP power fantasy in a bad way.

About the only legitimate gripe (if you hate fun) is this one leans into the humor a bit more. Sure, the translation is also a bit worse, but that is in no way the fault of the manga.

This one has better art too, especially for the female characters and the dragons.

Dex-chan lover
So after all the comments praising the other version I went ahead and read it, after all it was just 5 chapters.

Well, all the whining was completely unfounded. I'm actually surprised how off the mark it was. This version is much better, less rushed, for example MC's backstory: here it's much more fleshed out in a later chapter as a flashback while there it's just a few pages in the beginning, making it feel like a generic OP power fantasy in a bad way.

About the only legitimate gripe (if you hate fun) is this one leans into the humor a bit more. Sure, the translation is also a bit worse, but that is in no way the fault of the manga.

This one has better art too, especially for the female characters and the dragons.

Whatever version of things people encounter first, they're liable to be biased towards if they liked either version at all. Lots of people like to pretend they're way more objective than they are. That said, maybe they do just genuinely enjoy the other version more, possibly thinking it's better than this one for exactly the reasons you think this one is better than it. I dunno. Different strokes and all that. I only just started this version myself and never saw the other one so I can't really judge them against each other myself.

Fed-Kun's army
Only read the first chapter of the new version now, im fine with a approach more leaning into humor, as long as its not too much and my only real "critic" now would be that you got pushed right in without the backstory, but since it seems to be explained in a flashback later that maybe not the case then.

But i do like the Art of the old Version better, anayways... im glad there is more, a reboot is waaaaay better than just a cancelation after all :D

Aggregator gang
This is a weird situation of a manga. The WN isn't good(near awful due to pacing). The first manga was off the mark. The reboot is still meh.

this is... a really bad manga, damn
its like those little rare gems, u know?
mmm, i am speechless

Group Leader
My only gripe about this version so far is that I find the art less charming than in the previous version. Especially Mear's reaction faces.
Aside from that though the scenes in this version feel more fleshed out. Like, in the previous version it often felt like things were skipped or just rushed.
So while the first chapter is not really enough to make a fair judgement call, aside from some things about the art style and assuming that a lot of the background is still going to be properly explained in flashbacks or the like, this version is probably better?

While I'm glad that there's still a Sono Mono I still liked the old one better. It had a backstory and not trying to be rude but better art.

I'm wondering. The little girl being healthy, another guy beside her and a S-RANK DRAGON lying beside them. Why is the first reaction always thinking the guy is the evil one and not maybe the giant lying dragon beside them?

And why would anyone in their right mind think they are weak for any reason whatsoever if they can take down a dragon?

Users who are viewing this thread