Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Ch. 223 - The 223rd Move

Dex-chan lover
The next chapter needs to go full sports manga and be a fully detailed match notations and all

Only then will I accept the cop out confession, no response ending

Dex-chan lover
The story of "it can only progress if the guy proves he's better than a girl at everything" is about to come to an end, ya hate to see it!

Dex-chan lover
picture this:
  • next chapter, as they battle it out and Ayumu in middle of placing his move. TIME SKIP. he put the piece down, it zoom out to see a grown up Ayumu, now a pro shogi player aimming for a title.
  • cut out to show the supporting cast future watching the game(or something).
  • after the match he go home to see senpai cooking dinner.
  • after dinner they pull out a shogi board and play a game, if Ayumu win he will propose to senpai.
  • chapter end with them holding the pieces and ready for a showdown.
Or better yet, it goes to a time skip with a wedding. And as Urushi makes her way down the aisle, we find out her husband is someone else because Ayumu lost, didn't confess and she ended up moving on with someone who isn't a complete moron stuck in the 19th century.

Dex-chan lover
That final boss walk through several rooms, when you make sure you have all your strongest armor/weapons and healing items and stat boosters stocked up.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter feels... off. It's like trying to do a proper climax in a story that reached its end not by the story getting there naturally through the actions and growth of the characters, but because the date changed enough so it's finally time. You have all the characters showing up just to chill the MC, as if they're all in a bus waiting for the author to signal them to clap.

Dex-chan lover
I almost entered Harmless Monters discord server because I thought it just ended.
I'm not breaking my stupid promise, much like the insufferable character Ayumu

Dex-chan lover
This chapter feels... off. It's like trying to do a proper climax in a story that reached its end not by the story getting there naturally through the actions and growth of the characters, but because the date changed enough so it's finally time. You have all the characters showing up just to chill the MC, as if they're all in a bus waiting for the author to signal them to clap.
Insightful words.

I'll actually take this in mind when writing my own stuff 😯

Aggregator gang
It's almost the end, I'm somewhat excited and sad, hope future Yamamoto's works are as wholesome as this one and takagi san

Meanwhile in the dark timeline:
Ayumu loses, never confesses, leaves the shogi club, and Rin takes over.
Urushi goes on to college, meets a guy who doesn't play shogi, they get engaged, get married, and never have any children.
Rin is also forever alone. Some things can't be fixed even in alternate timelines.
Such a surprise from Yamamoto would be cool in its own way. In the dark way.

I am starting to want this to happen.

Group Leader
How the game will go:
1) Ayumu plays like usual, straightforward
2) Urushi knows that Ayumu will only accept a serius match, but emotions make her want to nerf herself by playing an unfamiliar opening
3) The whimsical decision rekts Ayumu who has been relentlessly studying Urushi's games and he is unable to bridge the gap in unfamiliar territory
4) Both panic as Urushi's advantage increases only to end in silence as she wins the game
5) They realise how immature they were about milestones and all and get together anyway, emotions erupting has they can finally promote their relationship

Boom Urushi wins and they still get together and character development achieved

Power Uploader
God I hope we see him win, confess, and then wake up, realizing that it was all a dream. He never won, nothing happened, and now Urushi, first year in university, is pregnant with twins after getting fucked by some crackhead in a dirty back alley. The last panel shows Ayumu committing sudoku.

Now that would be romance.

Users who are viewing this thread