Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 6 Ch. 76 - The 76th move

@Duribu
"Third-wheel characters that exist to disrupt things aren't uncommon either."
this is true
however, people who consume series like this (i.e. wheelspinning fluff for a million chapters) want one of two things
the wheelspinning fluff
or
actual progress that they're deluding themselves might appear
and shitty drama serves neither thing in any practical way. drama is the antithesis of fluff, and it barely serves progress since even if progress is made at the end of it, you've still wasted a bunch of time with drama
I get the idea that romance is more satisfying if it happens despite adversity but I'm not here for that and I don't believe that the significant majority of the audience are either
and yeah, I know that rin is hardly shitty drama, at least compared to other series. but either way she takes up space that COULD be occupied by fluff or progress

Group Leader
damn if the comment section is like this for a normal chapter I can't wait for the comments on the next one

Dex-chan lover
That's senpai for you, beating the opponent even in critical state.

Dex-chan lover
People on the internet complain about everything.

Story progressing too fast, too slow and now even credits pages

Fed-Kun's army
Either people have a bad memory or they just enjoy complaining. He literally said at the beginning that he'd confess when he beats her. It's not like this is a harem manga that is living hell from getting dragged out on who will be the one or a washed out manga with NTR caused from a wild new character. They're playing Shogi, not a racing game, of course it's going to be slow.

Dex-chan lover
Just realised this is a more balanced Takagi san. She beats him in shogi, he beats her in teasing.

Fed-Kun's army
@goodie-bag No ones forgotten about that, they are just mad because Rin slows down progress in two ways:
First she acts as a way to cock block the couple from having cute moments like in this chapter. On top of that she has a personality that makes her come off as kinda bitchy.
Second she has become a literal hurdle that Ayumu has to overcome before he can even consider confessing to Senpai. She is better than him at shogi but not as good as Senpai... which means he has to now be better than her before he can beat Senpai.
So people are pissed because unlike the other side characters this one was created specifically to stretch out the story even more.

Users who are viewing this thread