Souboutei Kowasubeshi - Vol. 21 Ch. 206 - Aim for the ceiling

Dex-chan lover
the only thing is, I wish Oujin was introduced earlier so he'd feel more like a true secondary villain, instead of like a 3rd-act replacement since Deido is getting humanized.

and yeah I know he technically appeared very early on in one panel so it's CRAZY FORESHADOWING but c'mon. Just a little acknowledgement like "Deido isn't the only monster that lurks within these walls...!" ahead of time would've made it all sit better.

as it is, I'm excited to see him get taken down though.

Group Leader
@pdonk

Earlier than chapter 12...?

> Just a little acknowledgement like "Deido isn't the only monster that lurks within these walls...!" ahead of time would've made it all sit better.

I mean... we've known that isn't the case for a loooong time. The invaders....?

I get that Oujin is way more one-note than Deido, and you have the right to complain about him based on your personal taste. But you can't make any kind of argument on a narrative basis that he is an ass-pull. Regardless of your opinions about how entertaining he is, the story was always planned to be this way.

edit: I'm not saying that's what you're arguing, but a lot of people have complained about Oujin so I'm responding flatly to all of that, lol. I personally like Oujin because he's essentially replaced the role the other rude monk dude was playing in the character dynamic. Also, his motivations play off of Deido's in a nice juxtaposition, and he's probably gonna add a lot to the Kirita plotline.

Also, he was properly teased like 70 chapters ago, which isn't exactly a short time. Heh

Dex-chan lover
lmao Deido's face in page 6, he's like "goddammit Takoha, really?"

Users who are viewing this thread