Souboutei Kowasubeshi - Vol. 25 Ch. 250 - Farewell

Power Uploader
I just want to say thank you for translating this.

I've been reading manga for probably 15 years now, and this manga... This might honestly be the best manga I've read. The wild blend of genres, the incredible artwork, the multi-faceted characters and various dynamics... And above all, the passion that went into this. This manga felt like a love letter to art. It feels like the culmination of an entire career and lifetime, a writer's masterpiece and greatest work.

More than that, I firmly believe this is a manga that can change lives. It doesn't have that effect on me, but I can tell it has that power for the right audience members. These last few chapters, with Takoha and Deido talking back and forth—I can tell it would probably shake the brains of a few readers too. The story managed to delve so deep into the human psyche at various points, without ever feeling preachy like so many other manga do. This is the sort of writing that can only come from years of experience not only writing manga, but also from just living.

It saddens me it won't be likely to become mainstream anytime soon, because this story is just so incredible. I used to want to see this adapted into an anime, but as I read the last few chapters I'm now wavering on that because I don't know if an anime adaptation can capture the incredible amount of passion on every page. I want to recommend it to all my friends so badly, even though I know most of them will never read it. I rave about this manga whenever I can, and in the last few chapters I was just grinning while reading because I was enjoying it that much. I can only hope I can get at least one more person to read this, hopefully someone who needs it.

So thank you again, so much, for translating Souboutei to the very end. I've been a fan of Death Toll for several years too, you guys keep picking up series that I just love so much. I don't even seek your scans out half the time, I just stumble on a manga and find out you're all working on it. When I first clicked on Souboutei and saw the most recent chapter was uploaded by you, I knew I'd enjoy this series, and I did. Death Toll is one of the most dedicated scan teams I've encountered in my entire time reading manga, and I'll continue to look forward to other series you guys pick up and wish you all the best in your lives outside the scanlation realm!

You know, this is the kind of feedback that makes one crawl out of their shell and just salute back. It warms my heart to know people out there share our love for good, creative stories. This is a time-consuming hobby and we do it mostly for our own pleasure, but the passion of fellow manga lovers sometimes leaves a lasting impression.

And yes, this was a masterpiece of a manga, the kind we don't stumble upon every day. I can only hope we'll stick around doing this for long enough to uncover more jewels. See you around!

Dex-chan lover
Thank you everyone that worked on this manga, it was truly a beautiful ride and in the end Souboutei wasnt destroyed with burning hate, it was destroyed with burning love and thats how you make such a beautiful ending, it was just perfect and now that its finally translated i can finally recommend this manga without feeling sorry for new readers that would get stuck waiting like me.

Damn that was good, though it's a bit sad to see it end. Thank you so much for all the hard work you guys put into the series over the years.

This manga... shakes my brain.

Thank you Death Toll for finally reaching the end and bring us this masterpiece of a manga, you did an excelent work. Glad to have been a part of it too, altough it was only for a short time.
Now that it's completed, I hope many more people read this manga and the rest of Fujita's works, he really is a one of a kind, just like Takoha.

Contributor
Having read this since it first started being translated, it feels fantastic to finally see the end of it after all these years. Thank you so, so much for your wonderful work bringing this excellent series to us. Fujita is a woefully underappreciated author here in the west, so it's fantastic to have another fully translated series of his to easily recommend to people, in the hope of helping him get the recognition he deserves.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks, Death Toll. This has been a remarkably fun journey. Was really put off by the double pages early on but quickly came to love it. And frankly, it really was the only way to convey and appreciate the artist‘s incredible paneling. Man, what a book…

Users who are viewing this thread