Souboutei Kowasubeshi - Vol. 25 Ch. 250 - Farewell

Syf

Aggregator gang
Yes, I really did like it very much, thank you, I will miss these characters a lot but I'm glad they all got a proper epilogue

Dex-chan lover
It really was beautiful. How bittersweet, to think of that other time, where a little boy who sees the world in more colors might have turned out just fine.... but I wonder if in that time, another artist would have been lonely working on his illustrations.....

What a story.

Dex-chan lover
A tear in the blue sky...
Such a beautiful ending, Fujita is really one hell of a story teller, it was so intense and so profound.
Thank you so so much.

Aggregator gang
Thank you so much for your hardwork. i can finally start unhealthily spending the next week binging the rest of the series.

Dex-chan lover
RIP Deido and Souboutei. Good ending and good series throughout aside from the mild complaint of it all being double pages whether needed or not. And that's cause I read it all on mobile so it was a little annoying.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the story. I really like this series. Now, the story of giga-chad Takoha has over, it's time to wait the story of badass-boy Saiga and Tatsumi.

Man, the scans for that manga kinda luckluster.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, This part actually made me cry a little. Is this a sign that I have an alien on my eye?
17.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Hope you liked it as much as I did! See you guys around!
I waited for this series to end so I can splurge it but I didnt think it would take over a year for it to happen 😂 Thank you and death toll translators for the good work

Dex-chan lover
A well constructed ending from the author with a sweet and finalized story.
It was a fun ride. Compliments to the scanlator group.

What a ride this manga was.

Normally, I'm not a fan of horror, but the story and mystery of this grabbed me early on and made me want to see where everything would go. I'm glad it was a good ending instead of a tragic one.

It's a little bit of a shame that that's all we get now. I would have loved to see a couple of small, epilogue-style chapters to let us know how everyone's lives went after the events of Souboutei. It would also be pretty interesting to see what became of the alternate Deido and how different his life would be after meeting Takoha as a child. What would happen with his friendship with Zanka? Would he come to be able to accept his sister's relationship with that artist? As he grows and experiences a totally different life, what would art mean to him then?

All in all, it was a good story and a fun read. Thank you, Death Toll Scans, for sticking with this to the end and getting it all scanlated.

Dex-chan lover
I just want to say thank you for translating this.

I've been reading manga for probably 15 years now, and this manga... This might honestly be the best manga I've read. The wild blend of genres, the incredible artwork, the multi-faceted characters and various dynamics... And above all, the passion that went into this. This manga felt like a love letter to art. It feels like the culmination of an entire career and lifetime, a writer's masterpiece and greatest work.

More than that, I firmly believe this is a manga that can change lives. It doesn't have that effect on me, but I can tell it has that power for the right audience members. These last few chapters, with Takoha and Deido talking back and forth—I can tell it would probably shake the brains of a few readers too. The story managed to delve so deep into the human psyche at various points, without ever feeling preachy like so many other manga do. This is the sort of writing that can only come from years of experience not only writing manga, but also from just living.

It saddens me it won't be likely to become mainstream anytime soon, because this story is just so incredible. I used to want to see this adapted into an anime, but as I read the last few chapters I'm now wavering on that because I don't know if an anime adaptation can capture the incredible amount of passion on every page. I want to recommend it to all my friends so badly, even though I know most of them will never read it. I rave about this manga whenever I can, and in the last few chapters I was just grinning while reading because I was enjoying it that much. I can only hope I can get at least one more person to read this, hopefully someone who needs it.

So thank you again, so much, for translating Souboutei to the very end. I've been a fan of Death Toll for several years too, you guys keep picking up series that I just love so much. I don't even seek your scans out half the time, I just stumble on a manga and find out you're all working on it. When I first clicked on Souboutei and saw the most recent chapter was uploaded by you, I knew I'd enjoy this series, and I did. Death Toll is one of the most dedicated scan teams I've encountered in my entire time reading manga, and I'll continue to look forward to other series you guys pick up and wish you all the best in your lives outside the scanlation realm!

Users who are viewing this thread