Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 121 - Highway Monsters

Dex-chan lover
Frieren in her nightmare: "It's dark! It's scary!"
Well, Her nightmare seems to be the cover of this chapter, which was a callout to this:

bpa3Bcg.png

Dex-chan lover
A jar that gives you horrifying nightmares if you place it near your pillow. Of course Frieren would want it. Nothing we wouldn't expect from her.

My question is this though; who in their right mind would make such a magical jar in the first place!?

Anyway, sweet nightmares to you, Frieren.
someone who has an in-law they really didn't like, but couldn't openly do anything about it due to societal convention

Dex-chan lover
Frieren is dreaming of having her hair braided infinitely, truly a dreadful dream.

That Empire version of the heroes party is hilarious

Dex-chan lover
Didn't Frieren mention Flamme's statue being a man in the last chapter?
Yes she did and from my understanding she both said "This must be a statue of the mage Flamme" and then went on with her rhetorical "But really, who is this middle-aged man".
I think that's just her reminiscing over her master's words about history not being permanent but revolving + what Himmel said about the change of history.
Both boiled down to "the way history / stories are told on means they'll change over time" imo, thus leading to this statue supposedly depicting a person that never looked like. Therefore he's a "stranger" / different person to Frieren who knew the original, or at least that's my take on it...

Dex-chan lover
Who are the ones most likely for them to meet in the Empire? Iirc Wirbel was from the empire and heading back with Ehre I guess.

Dex-chan lover
It's really amazing how people's view things differently and when presented their image of something, that image ingrains itself into others. I never wanna see Frieren with a cleavage ever again. XD

And Aura though. She really got so popular after the anime. Wonder why the author didn't being her back when Frieren traveled back in time for the fanservice.

Dex-chan lover
Where are people getting the idea that the imperial mages are some sort of hero party, or am I missing something and they're all referring to something else here?
From my understanding, the Imperial mages were simply the results of Flamme's efforts to spread magic among mankind to empower them in their fight against the demons (see chapter 53, took me way too long to find :haa:).

Dex-chan lover
It's really amazing how people's view things differently and when presented their image of something, that image ingrains itself into others. I never wanna see Frieren with a cleavage ever again. XD

And Aura though. She really got so popular after the anime. Wonder why the author didn't being her back when Frieren traveled back in time for the fanservice.
Aura is in hiding at this point after getting whooped by Himmel and co a few years earlier.

Dex-chan lover
Bro that one stonemason making the statues adaptations for the hero party on the northern territories was down bad

Buff Himmel, Milf Heiter, Sexy Frieren, and Angry Eisen

When was him, when Flamme was turned into a middle aged fart?

My question is this though; who in their right mind would make such a magical jar in the first place!?
Lots of possibilities here:
  1. It might not have been made like that on purpose. Student accidents, research mishaps, absent-minded craftsmen. Who knows how many ways there are to screw up magic?

2. Lack of maintenance. Imagine finding an old vacuum cleaner that doesn't do anything but belch out smoke...but not knowing what a vacuum cleaner is.

3. A wizard demon did it.

Group Leader
I'm really curious what she dreamed about though. Kinda wish there was a panel that showed that

OMG JUST REALIZED IT WAS THE ONIONS BAHAHAHA

Dex-chan lover
Is Frieren immortal? They don't give any limits on her age that I can recall, but Flamme saying she's going to live eternal seemed too casual.
Her nightmare is just being stuck in a crate of onions on the dark isn't it, lol
I don't think they've explicitly mentioned a particular lifespan whether it be infinite or just very long. If I had to guess, in-universe elves are rare enough and still able to die to things like damage and sickness that no one ever sees them die of old age. If they have a limit, it's far enough that effectively all elves die before then, so they are considered immortal as far as anyone can tell or remember.

Dex-chan lover
if you presented a button to frieren that had a 99% chance of instantly killing her and a 1% chance to give her a grimoire that would play goose honks at random times, she'd press that button no hesitation
She'd press it again just so she could have a spare one.

Users who are viewing this thread