Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 124 - The Shadow Warrior

Dex-chan lover
Not too surprise with this development.
The Empire was already shown to have something rotten inside from way before:
  • Weak military, so weak they can't even defeat monster (c 121).
  • Threw out warrior families that had served the Empire for generations (c 122)
Politics arc, here we go.

Dex-chan lover
I guess when you live for centuries you wind up on all sorts of lists for all sorts of reasons. If Frieren lived to the present, she'd be the only person still receiving a Montgomery-Ward Catalog, on the Columbia House Record Club, and the "No-Fly" list.

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering why they wouldn't just fly over the path if it's that much trouble, but apparently there was a good reason. Not sure if it was foreshadowed.
personally I feel it's just some stupid "Fashion demands we use middle-aged men as the heroes (maybe even old rulers etc.?), but the real deal might get aggravated if they enter our territory and finds out, and go to the capital to mete out punishment for this impersonation. So let's kill them if they appear!"
What are you trying to say here?

Aggregator gang
Most likely the Empire was planning an invasion decades ago and set up sleeper agents to neutralize high value threats to the plan. Of course the Empire either called off or failed the invasion and that priest was never told, so he's just been there killing anyone that's on the list until he dies.
Reminds me of a WW2 Japanese soldier that hiding in Guam or Philippines(?) for over 20 years without knowing the war was over until his former commander told him to go home.

Dex-chan lover
mmmmm so what did those adventures know about the empire capital, that empire wants them death, before they set their feet in the capital again.

Dex-chan lover
I'm once again reminded of Hiroo Onoda. With what's happening with the Empire, I'm pretty sure they have forgotten about him. No seriously, if the higher ups are in chaos then it's pretty much a guarantee somebody has forgotten or possibly was not able to pass on what he was doing and such.

I mean sure there might be a conspiracy happening and such but the roads going to the village is no longer maintained and a highway was built to bypass the place and the old man seems to be waiting for a message for a long time as it seems like it was not his first time doing his morning routine.
CaToKkv.png

Dex-chan lover
The state is not normally an instrument of justice, but a means to acquire or to maintain power. Few historical states are exceptions, and no modern state is an exception.

Dex-chan lover
> User @Smijn giving community-strikes to tons of people commenting on this chapter (I counted it to 9 community strikes; + 1 "dumb" and 1 "like")

Wth?
edit: huh, seems their entire activity is pretty much only community-strike sweeps on various chapter-threads? wth?

What are you trying to say here?
That the empire changed how they look on the statues, and fears reprisal. So they sent assassins to stop them if they come back to complain.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Well given that Frieren defeated the DK she is such powerful that her existence if she were to direct that power against the empire is a liability, hence they could deem her as a threat. Simple as. Why Himmel, Heiter and Eisen not on the list. Maybe they are on the other letters. Anyhow it doesn't say that there isn't even more fishy going on. I guess author-san is cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread