Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 124 - The Shadow Warrior

Dex-chan lover
Dang, from abruptly ending Stark's birthday story to almost getting him killed, wild ride.
If Frieren asks to be kicked out of the bed, you know the situation is serious.

As others said before, that gramps is probably fighting for a long lost cause and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets found out by his wife (?) which'd be kinda sad, so I hope Frieren can slam some sense in his head.

Thanks for the TL & until next time

Double-page supporter
The state is not normally an instrument of justice, but a means to acquire or to maintain power. Few historical states are exceptions, and no modern state is an exception.
What historical states would you consider an exception? I'm genuinely curious.

Dex-chan lover
I hope that there is no demon behinds the string that lead to the Empire's decline so far, just typical human doing typical human stuff: want to be more equal than the others.

Dex-chan lover
Frieren take this chance to destroy the evil empires capital, who dare dishoner and twist the hero himmels name and likeness for their own benefit, and eliminate all those who aided them. They would've killed himmel too if he'd lived!

Dex-chan lover
Nice sudden twist. Maybe old empire scheming about Frieren and our warrior got abandoned with that order…

Dex-chan lover
pull this stupid ass old man's limbs off and tell the whole village he was a piece of shit assassin lol fuck this old idiot

strange gamble, to have your leage of shadow assasins just randomly sit in various villages, instead of activly seeking out your target.

Because this wouldn't fit the Empire best interest, it is more likely that is caused by something who infiltrated the Empire (and doesn't care on how well the Empire resources are used), it is more likely that glasses guy is a demon or obeys a demon.

Dex-chan lover
Stark is not really in the habit of fighting humans of considerable skill, whereas that geezer, since he was young, is precisely trained to fight humans. So, this makes sense.
To be fair, he has been fighting/training with a dwarf for most of his life.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why, but he has René Auberjonois' voice, in my imagination

proxy-image

My guess off the cuff... The empire is drastically weak and has entered some sort of agreement with the surviving demons. Part of the deal is to probably kill anyone who would threaten the demons. That kill list was probably dictated to them by one of those surviving demon leaders. In other words, the empire is now Vichy France.

Dex-chan lover
Damn he got low differ!

Scrubbed

Jobber

Gged even!

This is a rare Stark L

Is this one of those "oh no the heroes are too strong and they are danger to the empire" thing ?

the assassin was a bad matchup for Warrior,
Stark train for tanker or PvE-type
and yes stark never fought humans or killed human
ofc it will be psychological loss versus an assassin

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the TL !

I hope this is the training arc for stark. When he hone his speed skill.

Users who are viewing this thread