Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 124 - The Shadow Warrior

I hope Stark wakes up or reacts in some way, because this is so BS, the guy defeats a red dragon with ONE SINGLE BLOW, takes wounds far more deadly than a kick in the diaphragm to fall like a sack of shit...I hope she doesn't do Stark dirty

Banned
Let me guess, its the "theyre too strong and their existence is a threat to the empire" kinda thing?
Sounds like it. Frieren's not exactly the sort to kiss any rings, after all.

"I can't be bothered to swear fealty to any government younger than me, and that's all of them."

Fed-Kun's army
Man. Now that intro about them being in the Empire looks more ominous. Interesting storytelling.

Dex-chan lover
I am loving the sprinkle of Empire lore with the recent chapters. For a while now, we're shown that something is wrong with the Empire via its after-effects, but we're not sure what. We only hear whispers in the wind, little bits from conversation here and there, not enough to paint a full picture but enough to make us notice there is a picture. Prior to this chapter, it's never the main focus but it is significant enough to be a factor.

Top-tier storytelling, right there.

What if, empire is under control of Grausam? we dont know his whereabout yet or whether he was killed already or not. As we know from solitar, he can even live in town without ever getting noticed if he want to.

Dex-chan lover
So old man takes out someone with a basic move who goes head to head with dragons and ranking demons ha? Shit like this just takes me out of the story entirely.
he was quicker and Stark clearly did not want to fight. Radar had steeled himself and was ready while Stark was not, simple as that. And we've seen Stark get up from worse so maybe it's just a cliffhanger but Radar has likely taken out people on or near the Hero Party's level judging by the list so I don't think what we've seen this chapter is unreasonable

Dex-chan lover
This is either going to be played straight, and the Empire has been infiltrated/corrupt
Or she is 80 years late on a library book

Dex-chan lover
Stark means "strong" in Swedish. The girls are lucky it's appropriate.

Joke's on Frieren.

And something else is on Frieren. Or someone.

Dex-chan lover
Author really had to make a joke about the list after the recent incident
Screenshot-2024-02-07-075022.png

Dex-chan lover
Dunno why y'all are thinking Stark's down for the count already. For all we know he's gonna stand up right at first page of the next chapter.
Its not so much that he got a fist to the chest but the way he got no diff'ed. Dude was right infront of him with some distance with an obvious intend but still somehow managed to teleport to him and put a knive to his most vital body part.

His life was spared so its more about the humilliation. He is alive because old fart allowed it. You can't "get up" from a sliced neck.

Double-page supporter
I was going to laugh about the old mans ridicolous name, but after having read the whole chapter, it makes sense now.

Dex-chan lover
Its not so much that he got a fist to the chest but the way he got no diff'ed. Dude was right infront of him with some distance with an obvious intend but still somehow managed to teleport to him and put a knive to his most vital body part.

His life was spared so its more about the humilliation. He is alive because old fart allowed it. You can't "get up" from a sliced neck.
idk man, we're talking about the guy who took a full battle-axe swing to the ribs from a demon, said "lol, noodle arms" and fucking ripped them to shred. At this point, the guy could get up from a sliced neck and I would barely bat an eye.

Dex-chan lover
Taking damage in fantasy settings is sometimes silly. If Radar had stabbed Stark two or three times, Stark could probably fight without even slowing.

But a knee to the chest? Out like a light.

Users who are viewing this thread