Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 126 - A New Mission

Dex-chan lover
These guys don't really fit in. At least the threat they seemingly pose. There are mages hundreds if not thousands years of age and these guys (or with similar martial provess) never been utilized against any of these mages? Since they are apperently scared shitless and pretty easy to kill as the old fart demonstrated last chapter. No mage would live past 30 with them around.

Also for someone who is so detacted from worldly affairs after the subjugation, its fairly easy to drag Frieren in to any sort of plan for some reason.

Dex-chan lover
Highly recommend to people to read the official free Viz translation this week instead. Something happened with this translation, like they put it through a chatgpt thesaurus filter and spat out the most awkward overly verbose dialogue. I'd almost rather read straight MTL.

Double-page supporter
Ubel's back! Land's back! Sense's back! Serie's (probably) back! There's a focus on developing the roles of warriors/vanguards! We get to learn about imperial politics! They're attending a big party in the empire so maybe imperial mage Denken will show up at some point! It's a ball so Fern and Stark might get another chance to dance together! (Also decent odds of an Ubel/Land dance!)

if this is the start of a new arc I'm kind of hype for it!

Dex-chan lover
SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK SHE IS BACK

maxresdefault.jpg
"I love the kind of woman that will actually just kill me."

Wouldn't it be simpler for Serie-sama to just use "clone magic"? She already knows and masters all the magic known to humans, throughout time~:nyoron:💦
Thks for the translation~

Well if the assassin/warrior is a demon, they probably could distinguish between the real Serie and a clone via mana detection. This would probably cause them to pull back and remain at large, thus remaining a threat to the Continental Magical Association which I'm sure they wouldn't want.

Dex-chan lover
Did the author read all the people complaining about Stark going down in one blow, and that's why now we have two chapters in a row gassing him up?
Also, unless the assasin carries one of those mana sealing crystals, HARD doubt anyone can kill Serie

Dex-chan lover
Highly recommend to people to read the official free Viz translation this week instead. Something happened with this translation, like they put it through a chatgpt thesaurus filter and spat out the most awkward overly verbose dialogue. I'd almost rather read straight MTL.
Hasn't that been the case with this translator all this time though? Like, have you read the previous chapters posted on this website?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Now that I think about it. Somebody is trying to incite a war. Serie is a highest ranking mage, some say a god at this point, that not only killing her would insurmountably difficult but also her death would ignite a dangerous war. It feels like someone is trying to emulate WWI. Whoever made the list is either pretty desperate to give the empire a reason to exist, being manipulated by the demons or just plain out stupid (he didn't thought that the war can possibly end his country).

Oh Christ. Ubel found Land. I should be panicking and fearing for my boy's life but all I could think of is "There. There's my ship. It's full of holes, its sails are threadbare, there are maggots in the biscuit barrels, and I have absolutely no trust in Ubel, but... But... THERE IS MY SHIP AND MY GOD IT'S SAILING FOR NOW!"
DID YOU SAY SHIP? PREPARE THE CANNONS MEN, WE CAN'T ALLOW IT TO REACH THE SEA IF IT'S NOT SEA WORTHY.

Dex-chan lover
Did the author read all the people complaining about Stark going down in one blow, and that's why now we have two chapters in a row gassing him up?
More likely that Rivale's going to be the villain of the arc and because he's a warrior, Stark is going to be the match up

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I believe the main reason the group is doing this manga besides there being an official simulpub translation is just to be able to have discussion about it. Manga like the ones on the K app and several viz and comickey manga have lost all form of discussion since they can't be posted here or on reddit. With an unofficial but somewhat redundant translation like this, at least we get a discussion, and it works as promotion for the manga.
The more cynical reason is to get patrons and donations I guess, but I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Dex-chan lover
More likely that Rivale's going to be the villain of the arc and because he's a warrior, Stark is going to be the match up
Author has been reading comments about people bashing Stark all the time and wants to give him his time to shine.
Wouldn't surprise me if the appereance of Übel and Land now were because of their popularity in the anime.

Dex-chan lover
after going and reading reading the official translation for the first time this week, i came here to verify my suspicion that this TL kinda sucks ass. i have respect for kirei because they've been doing this for a long while but man, this is not good. they make every character's dialogue needlessly verbose for no reason and construct sentences in the most bizarre way possible, it doesn't even sound like convincing high fantasy dialogue.

Dex-chan lover
Love the ship. Also would be interested to see how Serie's life could be in danger.

Dex-chan lover
they are out of money again. Fern eat to much snacks and now all have to suffer with this mission.
It's probably some sort of noblesse oblige, if you're a first class mage you're expected to do some work for them in return. Though it seems like they always have the right to refuse, like during the Macht arc.

Users who are viewing this thread