Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 128 - The Special Forces of Magic

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't that mean someone dear to Ubel died and she is at their funeral?

There is only 1 person who would fit that role... :meguuusad:
ubel will be at the funeral of all of the people she murdered in her free time. Not her chad four eyed boyfriend

Dex-chan lover
Wait a second. Isn't that the same holy emblem frieren showed at the first class exams?
rVmxl3i.png
LTvB9We.png

The anime zoomed in for more detail.

7cxP7pV.png

So it's not only because the emblem is so ancient but also because it predates to another organization where the country keeps a massive monopoly on the study of magic. I kinda see now why Frieren is getting targeted by the shadow warriors, something might have caused for the holy wand court to get in conflict with someone in the empire and knowing in the first class exam that they call her the last great mage, something absolutely terrible might have happened with the holy wand court.

Dex-chan lover
Wait a second. Isn't that the same holy emblem frieren showed at the first class exams?
rVmxl3i.png
LTvB9We.png

The anime zoomed in for more detail.

7cxP7pV.png

So it's not only because the emblem is so ancient but also because it predates to another organization where the country keeps a massive monopoly on the study of magic. I kinda see now why Frieren is getting targeted by the shadow warriors, something might have caused for the holy wand court to get in conflict with someone in the empire and knowing in the first class exam that they call her the last great mage, something absolutely terrible might have happened with the holy wand court.
It also signifies that Frieren is part of the holy wand court, and in direct opposition of Serie’s association. Which might be another reason Serie kicked her out.

Dex-chan lover
Can we have a shonen series where old cast don't immediately jab to the new enemies? Do it with some resistence at least. He treated them like 2 toddlers. If they are that big of a threat why are two fresh recruits are even in there? To die?

Dex-chan lover
Can we have a shonen series where old cast don't immediately jab to the new enemies? Do it with some resistence at least. He treated them like 2 toddlers. If they are that big of a threat why are two fresh recruits are even in there? To die?
It’s probably to show how great they are.
It’s like that strong guy in star trek that always gets whooped to show how strong the enemy is.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think there's a problem here since Ubel and Land aren't that powerful. It was a given they were gonna get royally outclassed. If these imperial mages could do this to Frieren, then I'd complain. But that's not gonna happen.

Dex-chan lover
so now I wonder who is actually the strongest mage in this universe
Land obviously since he can resist boning his armed bombshell girlfriend
the Holy Wand Court has an elf and Frieren also have one. Is it a secret society of elves??
i believe its the Symbol of the Great Mages since Frieren's Titles that weve heard are The Undertaker/The Slayer, The Last Great Mage, and Mage of the Heroes' Party. Considering it was given to her by Serie and is recognized by the Continental Mage's Association.
Probably still Serie.

Her suppressed mana is equal to Frieren's full mana, along with her knowing more spells and being far older.
thing is we dont know if Serie continuously increases her mana suppression ratio and its implied she keeps it constant unlike how Frieren does. considering that Frieren continued to practice the fundamental trainings that Flamme taught her, what we saw against Aura wouldnt even be Frieren's full mana but just her knocking off 2 zeros from her compression.

Serie is still the superior mage because she has all spells though.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think there's a problem here since Ubel and Land aren't that powerful. It was a given they were gonna get royally outclassed. If these imperial mages could do this to Frieren, then I'd complain. But that's not gonna happen.
Again, why are they there then? It's not like they lack information considering all the exposition dump. Does Serie actually devoid of empaty so much that she doesn't really care about their 2 fresh recruits immidiately dying on their first mission? Which didn't happen due to pure luck btw.

Dex-chan lover
Again, why are they there then? Does Serie actually lack empaty so much that she doesn't really care about their 2 fresh recruits immidiately dying on their first mission? Which didn't happen due to pure luck btw.
Because this wasn't the mission. The mission was to retrieve some letter and get the fuck away. Besides, according Land, if Ubel ran away instead of fighting the dude, they might have escaped.

Dex-chan lover
Well. They're still alive, at least. And Land wasn't willing to see her die. Maybe that will be enough to tip the scales in his favor when Übel finally gets his magic. So she doesn't kill him. fingers crossed

That brief flashback showing kid Land... Was that his grandma? That's a juicy bit of backstory there.

Also, things look pretty dire for them, but Land seems pretty unperturbed (well, so does Ubel, but that's more due to fatalism and being dead inside to begin with, I guess), so he might have an ace up his sleeve. Or sleeves. Because clones.

Dex-chan lover
Because they are toddlers. They just became 1st class mages recently and didn't even use their priviledges.

Dex-chan lover
Because this wasn't the mission. The mission was to retrieve some letter and get the fuck away. Besides, according Land, if Ubel ran away instead of fighting the dude, they might have escaped.
Indeed. Lets send the suicidal murderhobo to the covert op. What can go wrong.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I look forward to the big reveal that Ubel was a clone this whole time. Looks like we're getting a new or possibly recurring elf this arc.
Nah, someone made an analysis about this chapter and ubeland relationship. They have a contrasting views about life, and Land's cloning magic might have came from him wanting to cherish the time with his grandma while also doing important things like attending magic school and him not wanting to die. On the other hand, wr already saw during the first class mage exame that Ubel WANTED to die, and even during this chapter, she really treats her own life lightly. There is no empathy here. So the only time she would be able to get cloning magic from Land would be when she learn to cherish her own life (which would be her character development)

Users who are viewing this thread