Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 135 - Skirmish

Stark barely gets cut from an axe from a demon to the side, but an arrow, shot from kms away, with a bit of poison, pierces right through him like its nothing.

What.

Double-page supporter
Why can't you fire magic based on eyesight?
I'd assume you can, it's just going to be less accurate.
Even more so at this distance; without a scope, there is no way Fern can actually make out the archer, so she'd just fire vaguely in his direction.

Sein is back. Huh. I didn't think he'd return; I figured he was written out of the story because the 4-man party didn't work out writing-wise. Though I guess he'll be gone after this arc, unless warrior gorilla is related to the empires machinations somehow.

Also, Walross seems like a nice guy, for a shadow government assassin.

Dex-chan lover
So he can take an arrow clean through the shoulder, then just pull it out and start running like it's nothing? Or was there some healing magic going on there that I missed?
that's just normal for warriors, you just have to train for it;)
No, old man! Why are you looking at Sein like that? Don't tell me you did something to Gorilla boy
maybe is one of them

Dex-chan lover
Sein is back. Huh. I didn't think he'd return; I figured he was written out of the story because the 4-man party didn't work out writing-wise.

The Hero party was 4 people, they do need a healer since Fren is another mage.

I think the author just keep Sein back because that was just before the "training arc" that focused on Fren and Frieren, if anything Stark been kinda being in the background since he doesnt do much outside a fight since Frieren is the main character and a mage and by extension Fren ends involved because she too is a mage, only time Stark outside combat does anything is in relation to his relationship with Fren but then again, they dont get equal screentime and even Fren only gets more of a focus because she is a foil to Frieren and a mage.

Dex-chan lover
I think what he missed are boatload of chapters where stark got sliced, diced, stabbed, and pummeled to the ground 🤣.

Another topic though, He seems almost as though as Eisen, but he is pretty weak towards debuf and poison.
Naw Eisen from what we’ve seen in the flashbacks and time slip arc doesn’t even bleed instead just taking all the damage and walking it off. So Stark isn’t there yet as he still bkeeds

Fed-Kun's army
Coloured pages and Sein back, huh? Now we know why they took one week break. The only thing I'd like to know is how they shot an actual arrow (even with magic involved), flashed (I mean, it's a bow, not some COD2 sniper scope flashing) and teleported to his shoulder. A pure deus ex machina.
Warriors have been shown to surpass human's boundary pretty regularly now, even without magic.

Fed-Kun's army
Can we have Stark not eating dirt for 1 chapter after the action starts? Like just 1? Just write him off if you hate the dude so much lol, this is pathetic. Enough with the "he has great potential" BS. Show, don't fucking tell. It's like storytelling 101

Also, shadow warriors entirely fucked up the stakes and power balance in the whole manga. They should have never been introduced. It makes it look like if demons had actual archers, they would dominate mages like no other.
There is a reason why there was only 1 mages in the hero party ya know. Even Frieren has said that mages ain't some gods, Stark got close enough and they wouldn't be able to react in time.

Fed-Kun's army
Whereas that has been coherent when it comes to physical prowness and resilience, it's virtually impossible shooting an arrow with a mundane bow from more than one kilometre (as it suggests the picture) and doing so without drawing a parabola, plus the fact that it took at most a couple of seconds (which is more unfeasible). That's why it's a deus ex machina, even without thermodynamics (hence the magic) that's simply impossible.
I think this might shock you, but magic is also impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread