Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 135 - Skirmish

Dex-chan lover
Starting off with one of the most tragic events in the entire manga.

Tragedy averted. If only some plots were resolved that easily.

Just an arrow through the shoulder. Nothing important. It wasn't in the knee.

Unfortunate? For you, maybe.

Why can't you fire magic based on eyesight?
Because it’s too far to be completely accurate, although even that is not true. Frieren doesn’t want to risk the chance of a miss

Come to think of it, has Frieren ever taught Fern and Stark about killing humans? Would they?

This is looking to be an insane fight especially with the number of characters involved. Wonder how many will die.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately for Stark, he IS the meatshield for the party, so he's more likely depicted going to be hurt than the girls.

On the other hand it is an occupational hazard, and I don't think he would mind being the tank.

Anyway, I didn't think we'd see Sein again, like at all. Goddess magic is priest magic right? I guess he detected and familiar Frieren's mana, and he's not even actively looking for it too.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean yeah it’s already been shown stark is incredibly resilient to pain and the like so him being perfectly fine after arrow to a non vital area likely isn’t to unbelievable
I think what he missed are boatload of chapters where stark got sliced, diced, stabbed, and pummeled to the ground 🤣.

Another topic though, He seems almost as tough as Eisen, but he is pretty weak towards debuf and poison.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can we have Stark not eating dirt for 1 chapter after the action starts? Like just 1? Just write him off if you hate the dude so much lol, this is pathetic. Enough with the "he has great potential" BS. Show, don't fucking tell. It's like storytelling 101

Also, shadow warriors entirely fucked up the stakes and power balance in the whole manga. They should have never been introduced. It makes it look like if demons had actual archers, they would dominate mages like no other.

Last edited:
Can we have Stark not eating dirt for 1 chapter after the action starts? Like just 1? Just write him off if you hate the dude so much lol, this is pathetic. Enough with the "he has great potential" BS. Show, don't fucking tell. It's like storytelling 101

Also, shadow warriors entirely fucked up the stakes and power balance in the whole manga. They should have never been introduced. It makes it look like if demons had actual archers, they would dominate mages like no other.
This helps reduce the power of the mages, for a moment we wondered what use Stark was in the group.

Dex-chan lover
Sein when Stark is getting poisoned:
cover2.jpg

Dex-chan lover
When we met Sein, the other priest said he was a genius who should have left the village a long time ago with his aptitude of using the goddess magic.
Yeah, what I meant is Clematis looked like he has decent rank for him to be in charge here in capital. So this kinda also verifies how much of a genius Sein is

Users who are viewing this thread