Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 12 Ch. 117 - Miraculous Illusion

Fed-Kun's army
Looks like Frieren and company are going to speedrun the great demon extermination. She's got a hold on the illusion guy already and we've seen her team kill Solitar in the future.

Dex-chan lover
On a more serious note, it's REALLY interesting to see the manga openly tackling the fact that Himmel loves her. We have all known for a long time, of course, but it's always been hinted at or implied, never ever stated this directly (at least, not that I can recall). I'm hoping this is a good sign for those of us huffing the hopium that Frieren does truly love him and is going to Aureole to tell him that (whether she realizes it or not right now).

Dex-chan lover
I can see Frieren beating Solitar simply by saying her name, which would indicate they met (and that Solitar died) in the future. She seems smart enough to realize what it means that Frieren knows her.
I expect both Himmel and Frieren to be able to break out of the mental trap fairly easily.
I really don't want this arc to come to an end. This is the best the manga has ever been. Eisen, Himmel, Heiter and Frieren are just so fucking good together, I've been hanging on ever sentence and look between them.

Dex-chan lover
I wish that was true haha, but I don't think so. It's clearly framed from his POV with him waking up, and even if Frieren does love him romantically, I don't think she's fully realized it yet.
If Frieren is to ever realize it, I don't think it'll be until she's able to meet his spirit in "heaven", and even then, I don't think she would really understand it. From what we've learned about the elves, they really struggle with understanding romantic love and connections, to the point that in the thousand plus years she's lived, Frieren really has not really understood it a little bit. I imagine it would take her several centuries to really process it.

I wish that was true haha, but I don't think so. It's clearly framed from his POV with him waking up, and even if Frieren does love him romantically, I don't think she's fully realized it yet.
The initial view from Himmel's perspective could be a misdirection from the author. And in the case of Frieren, the illusion could be bringing out her subconscious feelings, even if she doesn't relize them.

Dex-chan lover
Sooo... We're going for another few weeks of hiatus, so that author can wrap his mind around what is he creating right now (page 20)? Seems like it. I mean, it's better to take it slow, instead of jumping straight into the deep sea of time travel without any idea how to resolve things. But at the same time, it kinda makes me worried about author's potential lack of plan for this.

Double-page supporter
Crazy good chapter. Tragically beautiful. And hype. I wonder if the illusion magic hit Eisen, and if Rivale is malding about it stopping his fight lol

No wonder we haven’t seen Tod’s face, she’s bad in combat but has a planet wide curse winding up, Jesus. Guess that’s priority #1 when back into the present assuming Frieren learns of it here.

Dex-chan lover
If Frieren is to ever realize it, I don't think it'll be until she's able to meet his spirit in "heaven", and even then, I don't think she would really understand it. From what we've learned about the elves, they really struggle with understanding romantic love and connections, to the point that in the thousand plus years she's lived, Frieren really has not really understood it a little bit. I imagine it would take her several centuries to really process it.
Honestly, even if we assume Frieren already know what she's feeling way before, considering what kind of being an elf is and what kind of person Frieren is, she probably would just keep it within her mind anyway

Dex-chan lover
In another hundred years, my "curse" shall engulf this star.

Assuming the word used for "star" was 星, commonly pronounced hoshi or sei, then the character probably was supposed to translate to "planet." You see it used in the word for planets. Kinsei for Venus, Kasei for Mars. Suisei for Mercury, as in Suisei no Majo.

Specifically "planet" instead of "world", which has fascinating and slightly frightening implications.

Users who are viewing this thread